• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
puckloo39

Hasek and the playoffs

Rate this topic

IMO, Dom's been the best goalie in the league this year not named Brodeur or Luongo. I don't expect that to change in the playoffs, and I really can't figure out what everyone's been complaining about.

IMO, Dom's been the best goalie in the league this year not named Brodeur or Luongo. I don't expect that to change in the playoffs, and I really can't figure out what everyone's been complaining about.

I don't think it's complaining, so much as willingness to believe the worst and anticipating a bad result this season, or every game for some fans. It didn't happen. Hasek and Babs made sure it didn't, as much as was humanly possible.

The big show is about to begin and the hardest stretch is coming up.

I hope everyone takes a cue from the Red Wings themselves, and looks forward to the playoffs with confidence. :thumbup:

I may not love the guy, but I sure as heck have confidence in him! He's an excellent goalie..there's no denying that.

There's a reason why I was scared of the Oilers last year, and a reason why im NOT at all scared of any team this year. Goaltending. Hasek is competitive as heck and wants nothing more than to win. I couldn't say that last year with Manny in net. Manny is a great regular season goalie, but come playoff time he's not fit for it. At all. Now with Dom AND Ozzie there's nothing or no one to be scared of. Wings are in GREAT hands.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

i have to agree with HC, last year in the playoffs Manny let in a lot of "soft" goals that I think cost us. This year with Dom in net and all of the experience I think its going to be a whole different story this year. I believe! :cool:

Guest Tunbo Batman

this year's team = last year's team (more or less)

Hasek>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Legace

Edited by Tunbo Batman

I may not love the guy, but I sure as heck have confidence in him! He's an excellent goalie..there's no denying that.

There's a reason why I was scared of the Oilers last year, and a reason why im NOT at all scared of any team this year. Goaltending. Hasek is competitive as heck and wants nothing more than to win. I couldn't say that last year with Manny in net. Manny is a great regular season goalie, but come playoff time he's not fit for it. At all. Now with Dom AND Ozzie there's nothing or no one to be scared of. Wings are in GREAT hands.

First, in reply, Hasek has been good, not great, on a consistant basis. He has played great at times, but he has always played quite poorly at times. I shake my head when I read posts praising Hasek for his regular season 'greatness'. Even moreso when people compare him to Manny.

Last season, Manny went 37-8-3 in 51 games with a GAA of 2.19 and a Sv% of .915

This season, Hasek went 38-11-6 in 56 games with a GAA of 2.05 and a S% of .913

Strickingly similiar, eh? I think people unfairly placed most of the blame on Manny. Let's not forget the collapse of the team surrounding him. I think this team is better than last years. We have grit. Pavs is HOT. I don't care who is in net, I just want to see him hoisting the cup at the end of a long playoff run.

Here's an article on Dom's role in the playoffs this season, and what Babcock, Yzerman and other Wings think about his presence in goal. I live for the day that fans in Motown feel the same confidence in Dom.

I do.

Wings have confidence in goal

What coach in his right mind, or teammate for that matter would question his number 1 goalie? What they say to the media means nothing. Babcock starting Ozzie against Nashville does. What happens if we face Nashville in the playoffs? Ozzie get the nod there too? Hasek can't beat them.

Um ok, Hasek 100% healthy? That explains why he didnt start the past 2 games? Injured Groin the past 2 games? Thats why liv backed up ozzie the other night in Chicago. That article makes perfect sense. I have faith in hasek, but if he falls short of winning in the first round.... id be disapointed to see babcock put all of his faith in hasek, without looking at osgoods stats.

I hope nobody is comparing Dominik Hasek to Manny Legace. I really hope nobody is doing that.

Obviously, this year's team has a huge, massive, GIGANTIC upgrade in goaltending over last year's.

What coach in his right mind, or teammate for that matter would question his number 1 goalie? What they say to the media means nothing. Babcock starting Ozzie against Nashville does. What happens if we face Nashville in the playoffs? Ozzie get the nod there too? Hasek can't beat them.

Proof positive you don't watch the games (or you're as forgetful as you are stupid, either way). I can't speak for Hasek's all-time record against the Predators (which I'm sure is tremendous) but he's 3-0 against them this season.

Although I'm confident with Hasek in the net going into the playoffs, I've a feeling that Hasek's image is slightly overrated.

Edited by Mila

takes what serious? the fact that Manny (of last year) and Hasek have similiar stats?

hey do me a favor, go dig up hasek's playoff stats / olympic elimination games, and then go find me manny's and post them on here claiming to be similar. K thanks

hey do me a favor, go dig up hasek's playoff stats / olympic elimination games, and then go find me manny's and post them on here claiming to be similar. K thanks

I am too lazy to dig either, the only thing I remember is that Hasek's GAA in Nagano Olympics was below 1.0. Is there anything to be added? :cool:

If he is even a shadow of that Hasek, the Wings will go far. That said, it is 2007 now and, despite being a Hasek fan, I am on my toes to see if he still has it. I would love to see a Hasek Brodeur showdown at the end of the stretch, although it is highly unlikely. :sly:

First, in reply, Hasek has been good, not great, on a consistant basis. He has played great at times, but he has always played quite poorly at times. I shake my head when I read posts praising Hasek for his regular season 'greatness'. Even moreso when people compare him to Manny.

Last season, Manny went 37-8-3 in 51 games with a GAA of 2.19 and a Sv% of .915

This season, Hasek went 38-11-6 in 56 games with a GAA of 2.05 and a S% of .913

Strickingly similiar, eh? I think people unfairly placed most of the blame on Manny. Let's not forget the collapse of the team surrounding him. I think this team is better than last years. We have grit. Pavs is HOT. I don't care who is in net, I just want to see him hoisting the cup at the end of a long playoff run.

Please don't even compare Legace to Hasek. I like Legace, yes, but he is nowhere near the goaltender Hasek is.

Neither is Osgood, and I like Osgood a lot and think he's a very capable starter in this league still (please let's not go into any Ozzie flaming posts).

In spite of Osgood's success more often than not against Nashville this season, as long as Hasek is healthy, he's the starter, no if's/and's/buts's. I think Hasek has proven everybody that he is healthy enough to play. Face it, it's difficult to play 80+ games a season injury-free, or for a goalie starter to play 60+ games injury free. He hasn't missed much action and when he has, it's been the nics and bruises type injuries, not his well-known groin issues.

As long as Hasek can keep the puck-handling to a minimum (I know he won't though :lol:), I got no problems with him. Hasek's the 'tender, no questions asked.

A lot of playoff teams wish they would have the Red Wings goaltending.

Dominik Hasek and Chris Osgood.

What would happen in New Jersey or Calgary if their starting goaltender would have an injury or had an off-day ?

Well, Nashville hasn't anything to complain in the goaltending department... ;)

dom = best big game goalie playing today. i maintain that's the most underrated thing about him. the guy is a steel wall when it counts.

im gonna havta go w/ Marty Brodeur on this one...

i can see by your sig you believe he is overrated... but im not gonna get into it cuz we could debate Brodeur for pages...

The one thing about Hasek is this. Most likely if we struggle a couple of games and decide not to score he can pull us through a few and we may even come out with a win or 2.

If we don't get our scoring act together WE WON'T WIN. But even if we don't score a lot, but a handful of goals, I think that we can win with Hasek -- at least most of the time.

Edited by Offsides

i can see by your sig you believe he is overrated... but im not gonna get into it cuz we could debate Brodeur for pages...

Dominik Hasek: $750,000

Chris Osgood: $900,000

The Red Wings managing to score more than two goals per game in the playoffs: priceless

For everyone else, there's www.newjerseydevils.com :ph34r:

I support the Red Wings and their goalies. Brodeur may be over-rated, but he can't score goals in the playoffs, any more than Dom can. Dom does has several assists to his credit, however, along with unheralded contributions to other victories. Not to say Brodeur doesn't, but I think it's time to start supporting the Wings' goalies at this point, not New Jersey's.

Of course, the team supports Hasek. They play with the guy every day and know better than anyone what an asset they have in him. We should enjoy the team we have now. Brodeur will be a Devil for life, and it is unlikely that Luongo will ever come to Detroit -- although I certainly never thought Dom would, either, so never say never!

So maybe try to appreciate the fact that Hasek is back, he's in great shape, and we have Ozzie at the ready, if we need him. Before anyone flies off the handle and supposes I am saying you're not a Wings' fan because you *heart* Brodeur, that's not what I am saying. Brodeur not your goalie, Hasek and Ozzie are. :thumbup:

edit: spelling

Edited by puckloo39

SSSShhhhhh! About Brodeur,there's a whole other thread about him. :D And we debated for pages and pages. :P:lol:

oh my god. people think Dom is good? I'm shocked. :blink:

One thing I take exception with in that article is the supposed litany of excuses they say Cujo offered. I don't remember him saying anything Legace-like after their losses.

He had a .917 save percentage in those four games in 2003. That should've been good enough to keep from getting swept. It was good enough in the first round of 2002. And when he replaced Legace the next year, he had a 1.39 GAA and .939 SV %.