• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CupChamps979802

HNIC Poll

Rate this topic

I'd be surprised if they pointed out something else than Detroit.

Detroit has not only been frequent Stanley Cup winner, but has also collapsed couple of times in the 1st round of playoffs recently.

Of course..what do you expect when it's on Hockey night in CANADA.

There was also a poll in Finland over who was the best goaltender in the NHL. They picked Kiprusoff...oh my god IMAGINE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course..what do you expect when it's on Hockey night in CANADA.

A little naive to say that...unfortunately, the Wings have had a history of monumental chokes. Not just recently to Edmonton and Calgary...remember....San Jose, Anaheim, LA...seems it is all or nothing for quite a while.

Until the consitant regular season achevivements can parrallel the post season, these kind of poll should be expected.

Just a clarification, HNIC is Leafs TV #2. They will most definitely cheer for Canadian teams, but against a team like Detroit, the accolades go both ways. The bias is not there the way it is when the Leafs play. And the Leafs suck. So, it is kinda funny to see that bias when you watch any game, even Canadian team vs Canadian team.

But CBC biased against US teams? About as much truth to that as the complaints all year about the refs deciding our games for us. Cmon.

And the way we've stunk it up the last 3 years, what would you expect ANY channel to say about us? Calgary, because of the recent history is not to be looked at lightly, and I feel most sports guys figure that.

GO WINGS!!

Edited by motorcitykid

Until the consitant regular season achevivements can parrallel the post season, these kind of poll should be expected.

The thing is, no other team can boast consistent playoff success, either. All the other top teams in the league suffer failures in early rounds, or they flat out don't make it to the playoffs some years. The standards of Red Wings fans are simply unrealistic. No team in the NHL can say it hasn't had failures like the Wings have had. Part of it is, the Wings finish near the top of the standings every season, which gives the impression that they should win it all every year. You can look at that as not living up to regular season success, or you can look at it as having unparalleled success getting to the playoffs every year. People tend to look at it as the former rather than the latter, but again, show me the team that can live up to that standard.

The thing is, no other team can boast consistent playoff success, either. All the other top teams in the league suffer failures in early rounds, or they flat out don't make it to the playoffs some years. The standards of Red Wings fans are simply unrealistic. No team in the NHL can say it hasn't had failures like the Wings have had. Part of it is, the Wings finish near the top of the standings every season, which gives the impression that they should win it all every year. You can look at that as not living up to regular season success, or you can look at it as having unparalleled success getting to the playoffs every year. People tend to look at it as the former rather than the latter, but again, show me the team that can live up to that standard.

BlueMonk, great point, no team can boast consistent playoff success year after year either...

However, I am not suggesting that I expect the Wings to win the Cup every year, but rather, the result of being a consistent regular season superpower and then bowing out in the first round results in polls predicting the Wings to collapse. It is what has happened more consistently then any other team in recent years.....

Ottawa is another great example...until they prove they can back-up their regular season success...they have to be considered as under acheivers.

Also, it is not the standard of the Wings fans that are unrealistic as it is the team that sets the bar. A team finishing consitently high in the seedings should be expected to consitently challenge for the ultimate goal, and therefore not consitently collapse so far short. Looking at this year, I think it is proper of me as a Wings fan to expect them to at minimum challenge for the Cup by reaching the Conference Finals.

I don't blame people for saying that..we have been first round whipping boys..like you say though..lets prove them all wrong!!

Can we expect another post from you the day the playoffs start?

I almost fell out of my chair last year when I read your first round Red Wings matchup predictions.

Can we expect another post from you the day the playoffs start?

I almost fell out of my chair last year when I read your first round Red Wings matchup predictions.

hahaha do tell....what were they?