• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
esteef

Lilja Fight Highlights

Rate this topic

Here it is for all who missed it:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/33073

A nice job by Lilly but I think he could've totally dominated this guy. He just doesn't attack enough I think.

Oh well, he's gettin' there!

BTW, here's a funny pic the Free Press had. Check out Ozzie gettin' a front row view!

IPB Image

Cheers to The Pain Train!

esteef

LMAO @ Ozzie!!! I actually noticed that right during the game. I was like, he's standing so close! :lol: As for the Pain Train...I'm impressed. I don't want to be...b/c it goes against my better nature. But whoa Lilly!

Watching the fight again, it looked like Ozzie may have been taunting Sharp a bit, especially when he bent over and the linesman came over and made him skate away :lol:

:clap: good job Lilja now i want to see bert fight some1 while in a wings uniform and it might just happen against calgary

I'd love to see Bert PWN some one! Has Bert faught since "the incident" ????

Man, I've really gained some respect for Lilja over the past couple of months. He has been standing up for himself and his team. He threw some pretty powerdul punches too and almost knocked Sharp down. I hope he'll carry this "taking no s**t" attitude into the play-offs :thumbup: . And I'm not sure I want him to leave the team just yet, if he can continue to play a strong game. Keep it up Lilja :clap:

Bert has not dropped the gloves since the Moore incident. No issue though as he was never known as a typical "fighter".

It is a misconception that Bert is a McCarty, Simon, Brashear, Larouque, etc..type of tough guy. If you pour over his stats you'll see that he has very few fighting major penalties as a percentage of his total minutes.

lilja needs to get some fighting lessons and beef up a bit he isn't going to last too long as a brawler. A for effort though.

If we are looking for a fighter, we should get Peter Worrel if he is still in the league.

Good stuff esteef , i was looking for the fight.

Lilja is probably my favorite defenceman after Lidstrom on the team right now.

He's hitting , he's getting mad and pounding on people.

Way to go Andreas , Good luck in the playoffs this year , I hope you beat up Phaneuf or Warrener for us.

Go Lilja!

Man, I could only watch the first period, then I had to go to work, so I listened to it on the radio and heard his fight....but I recorded to see the goals and now I remember that he had a fight and I already deleted the game! Ugh!

Hats off to Lilja

He's not a fighter. He knows it and the rest of the league knows it. He realized our team had an 'opening' in the fighting department and he exploited it. This is what playoff hockey requires: people leaving their comfort zone for the good of the team.

Yes, he's had 4 fights since the Moore incident.

Ryan Hollweg x2

Ryan Craig

Alex Henry

All 4 were wins or edges in favor of Bertuzzi.

Bert has not dropped the gloves since the Moore incident.

Fact check next time

Yes, he's had 4 fights since the Moore incident.

Ryan Hollweg x2

Ryan Craig

Alex Henry

All 4 were wins or edges in favor of Bertuzzi.

:thumbup: Thanks. I was wondering because I haven't heard much about Bert and fighting since the incident. I hope he'll fight some one as a Wing.

I say we give Lilja his props. We bag on him a lot, but then again we bag on the whole team for not being fighters and look who steps up to the plate. Would be nice to have seen him be more aggressive and unleash that right a little more but who's complaining?

By the way I did like how he took the time to methodically tie up Sharp so he couldn't do nuthin, then knock Sharp's helmet off (the better to land that blazing right) and then start whaling away.

I say we give Lilja his props. We bag on him a lot, but then again we bag on the whole team for not being fighters and look who steps up to the plate. Would be nice to have seen him be more aggressive and unleash that right a little more but who's complaining?

By the way I did like how he took the time to methodically tie up Sharp so he couldn't do nuthin, then knock Sharp's helmet off (the better to land that blazing right) and then start whaling away.

Sharp took his own helmet off, as I recall, which I thought wwas classy. I was a little disappointed that Lilja didn't return the gesture, but Lilja's new.

His interview they showed was funny, about the Moen fight: "I didn't know he knew how to fight [sic]" Made me laugh.