• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Inultus

New Jersey vs. New York

Rate this topic

whats not to like...leafs are out

ya thats why i said dammmmn and made a :(

if you can't figure it out i was rooting for devils (leafs) :hehe: . am i the only one?

and rightfully! Islanders deserved this 8th spot much more than Leafs and most certainly than those pathetic Habs.

sorry Sabres, no free lunch this time. not that Isles were overly great chalange, but they at least have some defence and some heart. and if DiPietro is back it'll be tougher to beat them

Woah. This is the first time in a while both New York teams made the playoffs at the same time.

I would have preferred the Leafs personally, being an Original Six, but the Isles will do. They actually have a chance at beating Buffalo, where as the Leafs really didn't.

This is the third time all NY teams have made it in.

Dubielewicz came through for the Isles. Was a very good game to watch.

They said it was the first time that all three NY AREA teams made it in. I'm wondering if that means the Isles, the Devils, and the Rangers, because Buffalo isn't anywhere near the same AREA that NYC is. Either way, all four of them are in.

Word,

LDi03

I would have preferred the Leafs personally, being an Original Six, but the Isles will do. They actually have a chance at beating Buffalo, where as the Leafs really didn't.

While probably neither team can beat Buffalo, in my opinion the Leafs would have a much better chance than the Isles......

While probably neither team can beat Buffalo, in my opinion the Leafs would have a much better chance than the Isles......

How do you figure? Although unproven, Dubielewicz has been playing some great hockey. Raycroft, on the other hand, has really been weak. J.S. Aubin had to come in and finish the game for him last night.

Besides that, the Islanders have a lot more firepower than the Leafs. The Islanders have Smyth, Blake, Satan, Sillenger, Poti, Bergeron, and to some extent, Yashin. The Leafs had Sundin, Kaberle, and maybe McCabe. Any other guys that I could consider, such as maybe Antropov, O'Neill, or Steen, are often inconsistant. So really, just looking roster wise, the Islanders do have a better chance at Buffalo than the Leafs would.

Screw the anti-shootout "purists". I was on the edge of my seat..

WHAT A FREAKING GAME!

So glad to see the Isles, F the Leaf Nation.

Although it would have been a 3hour "subway series" had the Leafs gotten in, I prefer the 7 hour across the state march!

Best 2 months in all of sports starts in 4 days. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*SMACK*

Simmer down, Captain, simmer down.

They said it was the first time that all three NY AREA teams made it in. I'm wondering if that means the Isles, the Devils, and the Rangers, because Buffalo isn't anywhere near the same AREA that NYC is. Either way, all four of them are in.

Word,

LDi03

That is incorrect. The Islanders, Rangers and New Jersey went to the playoffs together before in 1990 and 1994. This is the third time all 3 teams have made it in.

The Sabres also went to the playoffs in 1990 and 1994. So any way you slice it, tri-state area or just NY-state, this is the third time these teams are going to the playoffs together the same year.

How do you figure? Although unproven, Dubielewicz has been playing some great hockey. Raycroft, on the other hand, has really been weak. J.S. Aubin had to come in and finish the game for him last night.

Besides that, the Islanders have a lot more firepower than the Leafs. The Islanders have Smyth, Blake, Satan, Sillenger, Poti, Bergeron, and to some extent, Yashin. The Leafs had Sundin, Kaberle, and maybe McCabe. Any other guys that I could consider, such as maybe Antropov, O'Neill, or Steen, are often inconsistant. So really, just looking roster wise, the Islanders do have a better chance at Buffalo than the Leafs would.

Word. I'm very happy that the isles won.