• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KrazyGangsta

Detroit Vs Calgary Predictions

Rate this topic

My prediciton

Wings in 5 and Don Cherry complains to the NHL that there arent enough canadian teams in the playoffs and the wings switch the the eastern conference and have to face The Leafs in the 2nd round. Because Don Cherry says so.

The buzz around this series is somewhat funny. Its almost as though fans of both teams are making their teams out to be the underdogs. The media seems to be spinning it the same way. I've never really seen such a thing.

The buzz around this series is somewhat funny. Its almost as though fans of both teams are making their teams out to be the underdogs. The media seems to be spinning it the same way. I've never really seen such a thing.

Word. I just want to get it on already. For the first time in a long time, I have no expectations or predictions and just want to wait and see what happens.

Guest tangstoiggy

Word. I just want to get it on already. For the first time in a long time, I have no expectations or predictions and just want to wait and see what happens.

Me too, I can't stand this waiting.....I need my Tanguay Fix...real soon

Speaking of Tanguay, he kind of has a bone to pick with the Wings after...I think it was 02, when the wings knocked the Av's out in game 7, and then went to the SCF.....is this correct

GO TANGS

Guest tangstoiggy

The past three years I've had a bad feeling and basically called the wings out on losing to each of their opponents that they lost to. I don't have that this year and I think the wings will do well against Calgary. I say wings in 5.

I totally know what you mean..... I have a good feeling about the Flames also... Flames in 6, llike in 04.

I had the same feeling in 04. Last season I had that uneasy feeling, and they lost in the 1st round

This is going to be a fun series

Me too, I can't stand this waiting.....I need my Tanguay Fix...real soon

Speaking of Tanguay, he kind of has a bone to pick with the Wings after...I think it was 02, when the wings knocked the Av's out in game 7, and then went to the SCF.....is this correct

GO TANGS

The Wings knocked the Avs out in the Conference Finals sending them to the Stanley Cup Finals in 2002, and game seven was a *cough* 7-0 win :D

Guest tangstoiggy

The Wings knocked the Avs out in the Conference Finals sending them to the Stanley Cup Finals in 2002, and game seven was a *cough* 7-0 win :D

I thought so, mind you I am not an Av's fan, just a Tanguay fan now that he is a Flame

So, Look out Wings, Tanguay as some payback to do. Interesting :D

You should probably start a bet on that one. Loser washes the dishes/cleans the yard/other mindless household chore until the playoffs end. :D

He's right. The fates do endorse the statistical odds on your end, become a winner today!

"Zetterberg scores! Oh my god did he shake and bake Kiprusoff out of his jockstrap! He's done it again!"

Do it.

I'd like to formally make my predicion now (screw it, 3pm "break" @ work)

WINGS in 6

It will be an exhausting series. Regehr is banged up, and their best defenseman, but we've lost Kronwall for the entire playoffs. I'll call the remaining defenseman a wash.

Game One:

Zetterberg is a ghost of himself in game one, only setting up 2 goals, and not scoring himself. :P Wings 4, Flames 2.

Game Two:

Huselius scores on a PP midway through the 3rd,denying Hasek his "you-know-what" and Kipper makes 42 saves in a 2-1 Wings Win. :D

...on to the Saddledome.. where it's so loud, I can't even come up with predictions yet. :P

BOOM BABY

Lets see Dion try to handle a healthy , no longer canuck Bertuzzi

If Dion, or Regehr (assuming he plays) can't handle Bertuzzi, (assuming he plays) Rhett Warrener has shown he can do the job pretty well...

My heart says the Flames in 6, my head tells me Detroit could easily take it in 5.

If Dion, or Regehr (assuming he plays) can't handle Bertuzzi, (assuming he plays) Rhett Warrener has shown he can do the job pretty well...

My heart says the Flames in 6, my head tells me Detroit could easily take it in 5.

That hit was how the Flames welcomed Bertuzzi back after his suspension. I expect one of Phaneuf, Hamrlik, Stuart, Warrener, or Hale will welcome Bert back from injury in much the same manner. Our D is monstrously tough. Much tougher than in ''04. Phaneuf>Gauthier. Stuart>Ference. Hamrlik>Leopold. Hale>Lydman. Enjoy.

Flames start slow but squeak out a close win to split the first two. Decisive Flames win game 3, followed by a decisive Wings win game 4. Bertuzzi heckling in game 4 so intense that he benches himself. Hasek loses game 5 for the wings while lying sprawled in the crease still trying to draw penalties. Flames in 6.

Game 1- Wings 4-3 2nd OT- Lang with the winner Iggy with 2 goals

Game 2 Flames 2-1 Lombardi withe the winner

Game 3 Flames 1-0 Moss with the winner

Game 4 Wings 2-0 Datsyuk with goal and assist

Game 5 Wings 3-1 Homer 2 assist and sammy with a goal

Game 6 Wings 3-2 Calder with winner

Flames in 6

Here is my prediction from the Flames camp.

While the Flames haven't been the strongest on the road throughout the season, they picked up their road game near the end of the season. I think they will catch the Wings asleep in one of the games at Detroit. When the series heads to Calgary, the Flames will shine at home taking those two games. Heading back to Detroit the Wings will be strong and take that game. But the Flames will keep their winnings ways at home and finish them off on game 6.

While Detroit is strong on the blue line, they will have difficulty shutting down two solid scoring lines. The Flames defence will not be perfect at stopping Detroit, Calgary's offence should be able to make up for it. Iginla and Phaneuf will be a force. Bertuzzi will be a non-factor. Huselius and Langkow will light it up.

Flames in 6

Here is my prediction from the Flames camp.

While the Flames haven't been the strongest on the road throughout the season, they picked up their road game near the end of the season. I think they will catch the Wings asleep in one of the games at Detroit. When the series heads to Calgary, the Flames will shine at home taking those two games. Heading back to Detroit the Wings will be strong and take that game. But the Flames will keep their winnings ways at home and finish them off on game 6.

While Detroit is strong on the blue line, they will have difficulty shutting down two solid scoring lines. The Flames defence will not be perfect at stopping Detroit, Calgary's offence should be able to make up for it. Iginla and Phaneuf will be a force. Bertuzzi will be a non-factor. Huselius and Langkow will light it up.

That's a BOLD statemet. A 100% Bert (which he will be on Sunday) is a bigger force than any player on the Flamers short of Iginlame and Kiprusoft. See avatar. :D

That's a BOLD statemet. A 100% Bert (which he will be on Sunday) is a bigger force than any player on the Flamers short of Iginlame and Kiprusoft. See avatar. :D

I think that's even bolder. The Flames have played against Bertuzzi many, many times. From 03 on, I can't think of a time he was ever the deciding factor in any game.

Honestly I'm quite surprised at all the Bertuzzi love here after 8 games. I'd say with 4 pts in 8 games the jury is still out.

Edited by MickMcGeough

Really? I think what you are saying is pretty bold. Bertuzzi has not returned to his original form from before the Steve Moore incident. He has had a lot of injury time since that. So perhaps there is an impact player buried somewhere in there. But until I see him start playing good, I think it's a safe bet that he is a non-factor. Every time he touches the puck in Calgary he will booed. Booed hard. Whether that will get to him or motivate will no be known till Tuesday. But I think the pressure on him will be too much and he won't live up to the expectations a lot of you Detroit fans have put on him.