Rate this topic

On paper this series is so tight.

Coaching - Detroit>>>>Calgary

Goaltending - Detroit<Calgary

Offense - Detroit<Calgary

Defense - Detroit>Calgary

Powerplay - Detroit<<Calgary

Penalty Kill - Detroit>>Calgary

Its going to come down to the intangibles. Who works harder, hits harder...and who gets the bounces.

Edited by Jiggy_12

On paper this series is so tight.

Goaltending - Detroit<Calgary

Offense - Detroit<<Calgary

Defense - Detroit>Calgary

Its going to come down to the intangibles. Who works harder, hits harder...and who gets the bounces.

i like that little breakdown, i wouldnt know if i agree with you on double > for offense calgary over detroit, but the rest looks pretty good

i like that little breakdown, i wouldnt know if i agree with you on double > for offense calgary over detroit, but the rest looks pretty good

Whoops, I actually meant that to be just 1. I'll edit that.

We only scored 4 more goals than you all season, definitely a small margin.

Edited by Jiggy_12

I think Kipper is a great goalie, and I know Hasek is old and crusty, but not sure I'd make that a Calgary advantage either.

Its close, really close.

Hasek: 38-11-6, 2.05 GAA, .913 save %.

Kipper: 40-24-9, 2.46 GAA, .917 save %.

Pick your poison.

I'd still take Kipper, but that may be bias creeping in.

Edited by Jiggy_12

Its close, really close.

Hasek: 38-11-6, 2.05 GAA, .913 save %.

Kipper: 40-24-9, 2.46 GAA, .917 save %.

Pick your poison.

I'd still take Kipper, but that may be bias creeping in.

i think the real stat that matters is the save % and youre right you have kipper on top there, but i think dom brings in more experience, i dunno man its damn close

In terms of a safe bet, sure, I'd take Kipper. In terms of "when this goalie is on his game," I'd pick Dom. When Dom is on, he is the best in the game. This isn't me being a Wings homer. I've loved him since I started watching hockey, and he's never ceased to amaze me.

Word,

LDi03

In terms of a safe bet, sure, I'd take Kipper. In terms of "when this goalie is on his game," I'd pick Dom. When Dom is on, he is the best in the game. This isn't me being a Wings homer. I've loved him since I started watching hockey, and he's never ceased to amaze me.

Word,

LDi03

Absolutely, he can steal games.

But you guys know better than anyone how much Kirprusoff can kill a team in a series. Back-to-back 1-0 wins in games 5 and 6 of the '04 playoffs...the guy was just sick.

But you guys know better than anyone how much Kirprusoff can kill a team in a series. Back-to-back 1-0 wins in games 5 and 6 of the '04 playoffs...the guy was just sick.

that was also pre-lockout, now that's not an excuse or an add-in to kippers amazing ability. Far from, he's probably the best of this generation. However if your D-men pull some of the stuff they did in that series there going to spend an awful lot of time in the box.

Exactly. Which is why I said, as a SAFE BET, I'd pick Kipper. I'm more worried about Kipper stealing games for you than I am confident that Dom will for us.

Word,

LDi03

he wasn't playing against Dom though :P This is going to be a really defensive series. I will have to give the edge to Dom because the last time he wore a winged wheel in the playoffs he had 6 shut outs and... uhm... oh yeah! we won the cup! Dom has been there and won. Kipper lost. Until Kipper wins, I will pick Dom. That being said, I will give all the props to the Flames. They are a fine team and have their strengths which happen to give the wings fits. I think our defense is too good, however, and believe that it will be the deciding factor.

Bertuzzi played just 6:43 in his most recent game, on April 5, before leaving with a mild concussion.

I thought it was a strain. Is this just a typo in the article?

I've got it!

Coaching - Detroit ??? Calgary

Goaltending - Detroit ??? Calgary

Offense - Detroit ??? Calgary

Defense - Detroit ??? Calgary

Powerplay - Detroit ??? Calgary

Penalty Kill - Detroit ??? Calgary

Maybe toss in a few more question marks under coaching and goaltending, and I would also consider removing one for offense; but this is a close approximation.

better offense than detroit? lmao. nah i'd say..

Goaltending - Detroit>Calgary

Offense - Detroit>Calgary

Defense - Detroit>>>Calgary

:thumbup: I agree...

better offense than detroit? lmao. nah i'd say..

Offense - Detroit>Calgary

Defense - Detroit>>>Calgary

Pretty close, I'll go with this.

Offense - Detroit=Calgary

Defense - Detroit>>Calgary

Powerplay - Detroit<Calgary

Penalty Kill - Detroit>Calgary

I hate to say it but as of now calgary scares me. I don't have any confidence in the Wings come playoff time anymore. They have won only one playoff series in three seasons and even in that one they struggled until Dave Lewis starting messing with the lines. And with guys not being 100% I am just not sure. So until I watch the first two games, cause I want to see how the wings play I am leaning towards calgary right now.