• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DrThunderer

ESPN's breakdown of the Wings/Flames series

Rate this topic

04 isn't what makes me scared. Its 03, 04 and 06 and the fact that Calgary is a good team. Yzerman was a loss and his leadership will be missed but Shanny? yeah his one goal from last year will be missed. I loved Shanny when he was here but it was time to move on.

I know what you mean about '03 , '04 and '06, but this is a new season with a different team.Calgary are a good team but so are we. :thumbup: As I said we got to have faith. :)

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

I know what you mean about '03 , '04 and '06, but this is a new season with a different team.Calgary are a good team but so are we. :thumbup: As I said we got to have faith. :)

I'll get back to you after, I would say the first two games maybe 3, and let you know where my faith is. Honestly a lot of my lack of faith last year was that, and Babcock said it too, every time Edmonton went down the ice you thought iwas going to end up in the back of the net. But last year I had faith until the wings were down 3-0 in game 5. Then it was gone.

There are simply too many close-calls when considering that this is the playoffs. The West is ridiculously good, and makes the Eastern Conference look like a joke.

I pick Detroit in 7, but Calgary can easily win this in 6.

I think if aflac doesn't do the GDT we are done for sure. Also, we're in big trouble unless bluemonk does his "analysis". This is going to be a very exciting series. Both teams are fired up and hungry. The pace is going to be furious ... therefore whoever takes the fewest penalties has the advantage. I am hoping to get tix for game 2 on Sunday. I have never been to a playoff game. I can't decide if I want to be a walking Wings memorabilia display or be a Leyland imposter. I was at Tigerfest this winter ... got 2 t.v. interviews and dozens of pix taken with "fans". It was nuts. Either way....GO WINGS. Good luck to the Flames and fans, but this ain't your year.

Guest tangstoiggy

Yes, I read that

ESPN, Hey...... :P

they should maybe stick to Nascar

They have Atlanta winning also :D

Its close, really close.

Hasek: 38-11-6, 2.05 GAA, .913 save %.

Kipper: 40-24-9, 2.46 GAA, .917 save %.

Pick your poison.

I'd still take Kipper, but that may be bias creeping in.

Nah man, that's not being biast, I'd take Kipper too. However, comparing the 2004 to 2007 teams Hasek's a little tougher to score on than CuJo. When he's in a zone, he's right up there with Kipper.

Guest tangstoiggy

Its close, really close.

Pick your poison.

I'd still take Kipper, but that may be bias creeping in.

Definantly Kipper Over Hasek

Hey I'm Bias too

Some writer at NBC sports basically thinks the Wings have no chance. Is it me or this guy sound like a jackass? Not because he picked the Flames, but because he made it seem as if he absolutely dislikes the Wings.

I'm sorry but offensively the Flames are not better than the Wings

http://www.mlive.com/weblogs/snapshots/ind..._04.html#247678

Some writer at NBC sports basically thinks the Wings have no chance. Is it me or this guy sound like a jackass? Not because he picked the Flames, but because he made it seem as if he absolutely dislikes the Wings.

Those reporters sound like my dad. I go to visit him yesterday, and he goes on and on about how the Wings will lose to Calgary. Make me wonder if he even likes the Wings.

I know the Wings will prove them wrong. They've got what it takes this year. Go Wings!

The Wings are better on offense, I don't think there's a debate about it. Saying the Flames are better because they scored 4 more goals on the year is kinda :huh:. We added Bertuzzi and Calder at the deadline and Zetterberg missed over a month so the numbers are deceiving. We'll be firing on all cylinders with everyone healthy.

Wings in 6 :thumbup:

I'm going to be very bold and say Wings in 5, with Calgary winning Game 3, but the series will be really close.

I just think the Wings are a lot more prepared for the playoffs this year. Bab's has had us playing playoff Hockey for months. We'll be ready to go on Thursday, plus you gotta think breaks will FINALLY go our way.

Those of you saying that its not even close in the offense department, have you taken some time to look at how many goals each team scored this season?

I know its shocking, but the Flames actually outscored the Red Wings.

So Holmstroms not a top 6 forward , haseks not a good goalie and Bertuzzi wont do anything in the playoffs ?

That guy needs a clue. I am not saying the flames are not a good team , There probably my 2nd favorite team as I live in calgary , but when it comes down to it , I'll take a healthy Hasek over Kipper. I would however take Iggy over Bert , but I'd take Z over Husielsus and Homer over Tangauy.

Sometimes I hate living in canada because of the biases towards teh flames , canucks , leafs , sens , etc.

Those of you saying that its not even close in the offense department, have you taken some time to look at how many goals each team scored this season?

A lot of that honestly has to do with Hank being out of the line up for over a month, along with the constant injuries to guys like Cleary, Homer..etc..

4 goals is not that much of a difference.

Well, it must be taken into account that Zetterberg played only 63 games and he was on an unbeleivable pace prior to his injury. We also acquired Calder and Bertuzzi at the deadline.

i look at the losses and wins. hasek has 2 less wins but 13 less losses than kipper. not including overtime, with overtime hasek has 16 less losses...(if my math is correct :P )

not saying hasek is better or kipper stinks, both are great goalies, it is just hasek wins more in less games.

A lot of that honestly has to do with Hank being out of the line up for over a month, along with the constant injuries to guys like Cleary, Homer..etc..

4 goals is not that much of a difference.

Okay..but in the same breath Jarome Iginla did miss 12 games.