• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zetterbergfuturemvp

should we split up datsyuk and zetterberg ?

Rate this topic

it probably wont happen but i was thinking since datsyuk has been playing well without zetterberg maybe we should split them up and give our team 3 solid scoring lines plus the grind line , and it'll force the flames to focus on 2 lines with our 2 stars rather then just one ,what do you guys think??

if we keep them together ..lines could either be something like ...

zetterberg datsyuk holmstrom

calder lang bertuzzi

franzen filppula hudler/samuelsson

cleary draper maltby

or

franzen datsyuk bertuzzi ( maybe having 2 big men on his line will help put pavel more at ease and let him do his stuff)

filppulla zetterberg holmstrom

calder lang hudler

cleary draper maltby

sammy is the odd man out , if hudler struggles game one due to calgary's physical play then bring in samuelsson

what do you guys think will happen

Edited by zetterbergfuturemvp

We have a lot of depth upfront and I think we need a bonafide #1 line. In past years we haven't had that one player who has been able to step up and take control of the game. Traditionally, we have just disappeared when crunch time comes. IMO we should have Bertuzzi/Zetterberg/Datsyuk together to cause bigtime problems for the Flames and we can still have productivity out of our second line with something like Lang/Calder/Holmstrom on our second line.

it probably wont happen but i was thinking since datsyuk has been playing well without zetterberg maybe we should split them up and give our team 3 solid scoring lines plus the grind line , and it'll force the flames to focus on 2 lines with our 2 stars rather then just one ,what do you guys think??

if we keep them together ..lines could either be something like ...

calder lang bertuzzi

cleary draper maltby

or

franzen datsyuk bertuzzi ( maybe having 2 big men on his line will help put pavel more at ease and let him do his stuff)

filppulla zetterberg holmstrom

calder lang hudler

cleary draper maltby

sammy is the odd man out , if hudler struggles game one due to calgary's physical play then bring in samuelsson

what do you guys think will happen

I doubt that Samuelsson will be the odd man out after his 5 points the other day, Not saying he'll do that again...or anything close to it but, sometimes, when a player is hot...he's hot.

My lines would look like this:

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Zetterberg-Calder

Betuzzi-Lang-Samuelsson

Franzen-Draper-Maltby

Clearys the odd man out

Here is what I think the lines will probably look like:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Bertuzzi-Lang-Calder

Cleary-Draper-Franzen

Samuelsson-Hudler-Maltby

Filppula is the odd man out

thats just IMO.

Guest Crymson

lol , i clicked refresh and saw an answer right away and i knew it would be a no lol ........your not even open minded ?? spliting them up can cause problems for the flames

IF the line doesn't work well together, you'll see them split up. If not, why split up a guaranteed scoring line in exchange for the mere possibility that the same amount of scoring might be spread across more lines?

No way Filppula will sit. Quite often when there has been a close game and it’s down to the last few minutes Babs promotes Flip up to the scoring line while Huds drops down. Filppula just offers more as he can log big minutes on the PK if need be. And Ken Daniels made the point a few weeks back that Filppula will, “definitely play in the playoffsâ€Â.

Guest Crymson

Filppula is the odd man out

thats just IMO.

Why do you believe this? Filpulla spent a substantial amount of time on the first line.

By the way, your sig is misquoted. See here:

Why do you believe this? Filpulla spent a substantial amount of time on the first line.

By the way, your sig is misquoted. See here:

For some reason I thought Filppula's natural position was left wing, I thought that maybe Babcock rather have a natural center in for faceoffs via Hudler, but now I see that Filppula IS a natural center! :blink:

Thanks for letting me know that it was mis-quoted, i've been posting around here for the last couple months looking like a fool :blush: and for other reasons then the content of my posts!

I think it could be the right thing to do. Gives the Red Wings more depth and makes it very difficult for the Flames to shut us down. For the Red Wings to go deep this season they need to rely on team effort, not a single line or two. There's always the possibility to switch back from time to time.

I think it could be the right thing to do. Gives the Red Wings more depth and makes it very difficult for the Flames to shut us down. For the Red Wings to go deep this season they need to rely on team effort, not a single line or two. There's always the possibility to switch back from time to time.

If Z is only half as effective as he was the month or so before he got hurt, that line won't be shut down even if the Flames toss everything they have at it. That leaves the rest of the Wings to square off against secondary defenders leaving Bertuzzi, Calder, and co. more open ice and more points.

Split them up if the rest of the team can't score enough (or prevent enough goals) to keep us from winning. If we win with only one line, we win so it doesn't really matter.

I say nay, at least for the start of the series.

No, Datsyuk doesn't need Zetterberg, and vice versa, but Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom was one of the best lines in hockey during mid-season, why tamper with that success. Just hope that Zetterberg is as close to 100% as possible so he can resemble something like he was on the scoring tear during midseason as well.

No chance they get split up , they are just to good together. :thumbup: What I want to know is do you keep Homer with them or swap him with Bert?

Homer apart from Z and Pavel is mostly useless during 5on5. Bertuzzi was brought in (along with Calder) to breathe life into the 2nd line. No sense to completely stack up that one line and weaken the rest of the forward corp.

If Z is only half as effective as he was the month or so before he got hurt, that line won't be shut down even if the Flames toss everything they have at it. That leaves the rest of the Wings to square off against secondary defenders leaving Bertuzzi, Calder, and co. more open ice and more points.

Split them up if the rest of the team can't score enough (or prevent enough goals) to keep us from winning. If we win with only one line, we win so it doesn't really matter.

You know the post season is totally different from the regular season. It's not like they haven't been shut down before. I maintain that spreading the wealth is the way to go right from the start, because that's the only way to win in the long run.

I am just hoping Zetterberg will be able to to jump back into the same game form that he left with after having a month+ off of competitive hockey... Somehow I doubt he will be the same guy everyone is predicting and expecting back in the lineup!

Zeta, Dats and Bert!

I am just hoping Zetterberg will be able to to jump back into the same game form that he left with after having a month+ off of competitive hockey... Somehow I doubt he will be the same guy everyone is predicting and expecting back in the lineup!

Zeta, Dats and Bert!

I think Zetterberg will be able to jump back into the same routine as before. He's a leader, and leaders seem to be able to step up when there team's need them too .

calder lang bertuzzi

cleary draper maltby

IMO, these are perfect lines to get the playoffs rolling. Adjust as the series goes along, but for me, this is the way to atleast start the series.

IMO, these are perfect lines to get the playoffs rolling. Adjust as the series goes along, but for me, this is the way to atleast start the series.

I agree, I don't like putting Draper, Maltby, or Cleary with Filpula/Hudler/Samualsson. Franzen seems more useful on a non-checking line than the other three.

I wouldn't be surprsied if they are split up at least every now and then. I would consider putting Dats with Homer and Bert and then Hank with Calder and Langer just to try something different. But I wtill think this is it:

Zetterberg/Dats/Homer

Calder/Lang/Bert

Mule/Drapes/Malts

Cleary/Filpulla/Samuelson

Someone said they thought Samuleson would be the odd man out. I think Hudler is because of the reason you said, size. If Hulder was gonna stay playing with Lang and Calder I would say keep him in there, but he won't with Hank coming back. I think Franzen with Drapes and Malts is good because they were together for a little while and played great together. I would like to see Franzen on a line where his size would help create more offense but its hard to arge with chemistry sometimes.