• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

NHLFA annual survey results

Rate this topic

I love that 39% (which was the overwhelming majority) said they strongly disagree with the instigator penalty. In NFM's opinion, that should be the first to go.

11. Do you think the new CBA was worth the loss of the 2004-05 season?

20% Yes

68% No

7% Don't know

2% No opinion

:lol: Perfrect!

16. The NHL has weighted the games each team plays so it plays it divisional and conference opponnents more often than teams from the other conference. Do you think this is...

18% a good idea

17% neither good or bad

60% a bad idea

3% no opinion

Even Better! :D

33. Should the players traded to a new team within 30 days of the annual winter trade deadline be prevented from going back to their former teams for at least one full year?

45% Yes

43% No

4% Don't know

5% No opinion

Here's one that NFM strongly agrees with. Ryan Smyth is a perfect example of why this rule should be made.

41. Should fighting be banned from the NHL?

4% Yes

91% No

1% Don't know

2% No opinion

:thumbup:

Now, I absolutely love fighting, but this caught my eye because I haven't seen it suggested before:

Do you think the NHL should issue a two minute penalty to teams if they have a player who accumulates more penalty minutes in a regular season game than minutes played? For instance, if Donald Brashear had seven minutes in penalties in a game and at the end of regulation play he had played only six minutes, the team would go into the five minute overtime (if tied) with a two minute penalty kill.

13%

Yes, I like this solution

3%

Yes, this is on the right track, but there are better ways to penalize teams at the end of games than the aforementioned proposed format

77%

No, teams should not be penalized for such transgressions

3%

Don't know

3%

No opinion

I really like that idea so long as misconducts aren't accounted for in this.

Also, I was really surprised that 48% of people think there should be a mandatory half visor rule.

Now, I absolutely love fighting, but this caught my eye because I haven't seen it suggested before:

I really like that idea so long as misconducts aren't accounted for in this.

Also, I was really surprised that 48% of people think there should be a mandatory half visor rule.

The thing that stood out to me, is that they used Brashear in the example. How do you think he felt about his name being thrown into this question? :lol:

The thing that stood out to me, is that they used Brashear in the example. How do you think he felt about his name being thrown into this question? :lol:

I imagine he cried.

But then again I like to imagine him doing other things like hitting people I don't like, checking Bush when he's out picking up his paper, sharpening his skates with a machette in front of the other team, checking Whinezky through a plateglass window into a large bowl of yogurt... you know the regular stuff.

22. Should the NHL and the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) work together to bring Saturday "Hockey Night in Canada" to all American fans via a national public U.S. broadcaster?

86%

Yes

5%

No

4%

Don't know

3%

No opinion

This is the one I liked the most, I aslo thought it was funny that the people who took this servey, in reguards to fightings pretty much said "Leave fghting in the NHL ALONE" :clap:

The answer to number 16 is proof that Bettman lies.

The quote below originally appeared at this link,

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Hockey/2...841153-sun.html

Q. The schedule, with its emphasis on divisional games, has been a source of much complaint. Are teams playing the same teams too often?

The surveys we've done with our fans suggest a majority are in favour of the type of schedule we have now. People are asking why do I have to see a team from the other conference when I don't know their players? Fans want to see the players and teams they know. They want more of those rivalries. That's why there's more divisional games.

I love that 39% (which was the overwhelming majority) said they strongly disagree with the instigator penalty. In NFM's opinion, that should be the first to go.

I saw that too and felt the same reaction.