• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
drsingle

San Jose vs. Nashville

Rate this topic

Unfortunately, I see SJ taking this one in 6.

If Nashville comes out physical, and establishes themselves NSH in 7.

I agree SJ in 6, maybe 7. Nashville couldn't get it done down the stretch, yes I know there were hurt but that only makes it that much more in the Sharks favor.

Prediction?.... PAIN!

Beat up on each other. Hell, go nuts for 7 games. I think you should try to injure every player on their roster. I'm sure they won't even try to injure you back. I think I heard them say that Nashville and all their fans are light in the loafers and smell like bad cheese. Just what I heard. Also, Joe Thornton and Jon Cheechoo apparently said something about a train and all the players' wives. I don't know, maybe they are planning a trip through the hills of Tennessee. Anyway...

GO GET 'EM!

Prediction?.... PAIN!

Beat up on each other. Hell, go nuts for 7 games. I think you should try to injure every player on their roster. I'm sure they won't even try to injure you back. I think I heard them say that Nashville and all their fans are light in the loafers and smell like bad cheese. Just what I heard. Also, Joe Thornton and Jon Cheechoo apparently said something about a train and all the players' wives. I don't know, maybe they are planning a trip through the hills of Tennessee. Anyway...

GO GET 'EM!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Comic gold!

Nashville isn't getting out of that one alive. Anyone else and I'd have picked Nashville to win, but not against SJ. I think it's SJ in 6.

This playoff is gonna be a ton of fun to watch, my God. All great matchups...that Vancouver/Dallas matchup will be interesting as well.

If Nashville can shut down the Thornton line and get a couple games stolen by Vokoun or Mason, I can see them winning the series. It's going to be a high-powered offense series, I think the neutralizing factor though will come if San Jose can match the scoring depth of Nashville, the Preds have a lot of players that can score in key situations.

My breakdown:

Goaltending:

The tandem of Nabakov and Toskala has been steady all year, as has Vokoun and Mason. In terms of talent, it's a draw, but in terms of stealing a game, Nashville gets the slight edge.

Defense:

Both teams have D that can score and move the puck. Weber had 19 goals this year and has a booming shot on the PP. Guys like Zidlicky and Hamhuis can move the puck well and are pretty reliable on the back line, but I think Greg Zanon is the x-factor for the Preds. If he can be a physical presence, the Sharks will have some trouble. San Jose also has good puck movers in the form of Craig Rivet and Ehrhoff, as well as a bruiser in McLaren. Offensively, the Preds have the advantage but I think defensively, the Sharks are better.

Offense:

What can you say? Thornton, Marleau, Cheechoo, Guerin vs. Forsberg, Kariya, Dumont and Arnott. Both teams are ridiculously gifted offensively, it's really hard to say if anyone has a distinct advantage here.

Special Teams:

The league's top powerplay goes up against one of the better penalty killing teams. San Jose was close to 23% this year on the PP, Nashville close to 86% on the PK. This series may very well come down to special teams and who is able to execute.

My prediction?

If what I feel is going to happen actually does, I actually like Nashville winning this series. I think they are one of only a few teams in the West that can handle the scoring depth of the Sharks and apply similar pressure on them.

Preds in 6.

I agree with Jwo, SJ in five. Nashville's goaltending is suspect, San Jose's is slightly less suspect. The fact that if either goalie starting falters the other goes in usually sets up for playoff failure, Carollina excepted. SJ's offense is too strong and this series will end the same way the last one between these teams did.

Agreed. I think Vokoun can win a couple...otherwise I see SJ workin' it.

I don't think Forsberg will end up being too important in this series either.

After this, he will probably limp back to Colorado, and they will welcome him back with open arms, and assume it is only because he wasn't playing on the Avs that they missed the Playoffs.

Poor Avs Fans......

Poor Preds Fans.........

Guest Tunbo Batman

you are forgetting a VERY IMPORTANT FACTOR : FORSBERG!!!!!!

oh wait, nevermind :P

you are forgetting a VERY IMPORTANT FACTOR : FORSBERG!!!!!!

oh wait, nevermind :P

This my only upset pick in the first round as well. I say the Sharks in five. Vokoun is what it will come down to, and I don't have much faith in him. I'd like their chances with Mason in net more. As far as forwards go, it's a wash, both greatly skilled.. but I think the Sharks have a few less banged up bodies out there. Sharks lose game one, then 4 straight to advance.

I don't think this is a good matchup for Nashville...SJ is a major under-the-radar team that I expect will go at least two rounds deep. If they get hot - especially their top two lines - they will run the West. Not to mention they have the best 1-2 goalie combo in the NHL.

This should be one of the most entertaining series to watch. I see a fast-pased, up and down series. Should be fun. I have no idea who'll win, but it's going to come down to goaltending.

BTW, is Vokoun definitely starting in net - any idea?

This my only upset pick in the first round as well. I say the Sharks in five. Vokoun is what it will come down to, and I don't have much faith in him. I'd like their chances with Mason in net more. As far as forwards go, it's a wash, both greatly skilled.. but I think the Sharks have a few less banged up bodies out there. Sharks lose game one, then 4 straight to advance.

I wouldn't really call it an upset if the Sharks win. A 5 beating a 4 isn't a big deal. And its not an upset if everyone is picking that team to win anyway.

everyone predicting a SJ win, i'm guessing that you missed the fact that Preds took the season series 3-1? and that we were severely undermanned last season when the Sharks took us out?

From last seasons playoff roster to this one, Preds will have added Forsberg, Arnott, Dumont, a healthy Legwand, Radulov, a healthy Vokoun and Vishnevski (if Trotz doesn't scratch him). The only players we'll be missing are Erat and Sullivan, Erat will be back at some point in this series, and Sullivan was hurting and a non-factor last season anyway.

Officiating should be a little better this season. Last year this series was crazy, we couldn't lay a finger on big joe without going to the box, seems like SJ scored 2-3 PP goals every game last season. But the officials won't be under as much pressure from Bettman this time around, and the Preds PK should be a lot better. Another note on the penalties last season, Preds won't have Brendan Witt in his permanent seat in the penalty box. Healthy Legwand, Fiddler and Nichol up front, with Weber, Timonen and Zanon on the blueline should be a much better PKing team than last season.

I'm really anticipating seeing Forsberg and Arnott go up against Thornton and Marleau. Or actually, i'm more exciting about the Legwand line not matching up against either of them. I think Preds third line is going to be the deciding factor in this series.

This should be one of the most entertaining series to watch. I see a fast-pased, up and down series. Should be fun. I have no idea who'll win, but it's going to come down to goaltending.

BTW, is Vokoun definitely starting in net - any idea?

Yes Vokoun is starting. And he should be, he's been playing great. There are a lot of people saying that the Preds goaltending situation is shaky because of our record since Vokoun came back, but really the goaltending has been fine, it's just that our offense went in the tank.