• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
drsingle

San Jose vs. Nashville

Rate this topic

Sharks will win in 5... If anyone watched the Sharks- Nucks game last sat, and even know the sharks lost in ot the sharks were so physical. the nucks are a pretty physical team themself but they were dominated in the hit department

What is this SJ bull crap? I tell ya the team is overrated. The only thing lethal about them is their PP. Other than that they CAN be beat. Most teams can put up with their physicality as well.

Preds in 6.

I agree. After that 9-4 beating the Wings took, every Wings fan overrates the Sharks.

I like Nashville for this one, particularly for the reason you mentioned, Legionnaire. Third lines. If Thornton shuts down for the post-season, you've basically got a three-line team scrapping with a one-line team, and in playoff hockey that's a very difficult position to be in. Even if Joe does show up, I still like Nashville's defence corps more than SJ. I won't exactly make a prediction, but I like Nashville here, and I've got faith in them.

Wow, that is just idiotic. Perhaps you didn't know that Patrick Marleau was 2nd on the team in scoring, with 32 goals, or have never heard of Bill Guerin. While Mark Bell has been a disappointment, Joe Pavelski on the 2nd line, has not. And big players like Ryan Clowe, who hit, score and fight, are the type of guys who are effective in the playoffs.

I really think San Hose is being overestimated. Nashville shouldn't have too much trouble taking them out. Preds in 5

Considering that Nashville has never won a playoff series and that SJ beat them last year, I think that mentally they have to have a disadvantage. Forsberg and Voukoun will be the key.

I agree. After that 9-4 beating the Wings took, every Wings fan overrates the Sharks.

I don't. I still feel they have an edge on Nashville though, simpily because of goaltending. Both Vokoun and Mason have had a hard time becoming the #1 goalie this year. If they both don't step it up, San Jose will win.

I don't. I still feel they have an edge on Nashville though, simpily because of goaltending. Both Vokoun and Mason have had a hard time becoming the #1 goalie this year. If they both don't step it up, San Jose will win.

wow, you must have watched a lot of Preds games and followed them pretty closely. :thumbdown:

Vokoun was the #1 coming into the season, he played like it too. then he got hurt. Mason came in and played like a #1. Vokoun got healthy and has been playing like a #1 ever since. I said it earlier, and I'll say it again, everyone who is saying that the goaltending has been shaky is either stupid, or just repeating what they heard from someone who is stupid. It's our offense that has struggled, the goaltending has been fine.

wow, you must have watched a lot of Preds games and followed them pretty closely. :thumbdown:

Vokoun was the #1 coming into the season, he played like it too. then he got hurt. Mason came in and played like a #1. Vokoun got healthy and has been playing like a #1 ever since. I said it earlier, and I'll say it again, everyone who is saying that the goaltending has been shaky is either stupid, or just repeating what they heard from someone who is stupid. It's our offense that has struggled, the goaltending has been fine.

I mostly base this off of what others said.

Still though, neither has impressed me when I've seen them. Granted I hardly ever watch the Preds, I only do when it had to do with them and the Wings fighting for the division, but I've seen games where they looked real bad.

I mostly base this off of what others said.

Still though, neither has impressed me when I've seen them. Granted I hardly ever watch the Preds, I only do when it had to do with them and the Wings fighting for the division, but I've seen games where they looked real bad.

unfortunately, the games they've been bad have all tended to be against the wings :(

I think Nashville has as good of goaltending as any. They have as legit a one-two punch as any with Vokoun and Mason. Hell, Id take Mason over half of the playoff teams starting goaltenders. This can do nothing for Nashville except inspire competition between the two goaltenders.

The Sharks are a little overrated here because of the 9-4 win, as was mentioned, but at the other end, you guys see the Predators all the time so they're fresh in your minds. I can't tell how many are really educated on both sides of this, because many of you say it'll be a blowout one way or the other.

Guest Tunbo Batman

why is everyone talking about an upset? there will be no upset there.

...San Jose is clearly the superior team, San Jose wins. no upset there.

PS : Legionnaire, please stop it with the "we had lots of injuries" thingy. you sound like a habs fan (not as bad, but you know) :P