• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zeta Power 40

Islanders' DiPietro to see neurologist

Rate this topic

People discount the power of vengance...Ted Nolan has huge beef with the Buffalo Sabres franchise. He was offered 1 year 500k after winning the Jack Adams trophy and bringing a pretty bad team to the playoffs in '97.

Nolan is going to have his boys playing fierce. Not just that but the Isles have been HOT lately and the Sabres haven't played a meaningful game in months. The Sabres are clearly the more talented team...but the Isles have the size, if the Islanders can use the body and force Buffalo off of the puck, and if the can get hot goaltending out of DiPietro if he is back, or Dubielwicz they could pull an upset off, especially with how much Nolan is going to want this series.

I for one would LOVE to see Teddy Nolan rub the Buffalo Sabres faces in the '97 drama...

People discount the power of vengance...Ted Nolan has huge beef with the Buffalo Sabres franchise. He was offered 1 year 500k after winning the Jack Adams trophy and bringing a pretty bad team to the playoffs in '97.

Nolan is going to have his boys playing fierce. Not just that but the Isles have been HOT lately and the Sabres haven't played a meaningful game in months. The Sabres are clearly the more talented team...but the Isles have the size, if the Islanders can use the body and force Buffalo off of the puck, and if the can get hot goaltending out of DiPietro if he is back, or Dubielwicz they could pull an upset off, especially with how much Nolan is going to want this series.

I for one would LOVE to see Teddy Nolan rub the Buffalo Sabres faces in the '97 drama...

So would I, but I just don't see it happening, with or without Dip

:blink:

Are you serious?

Yes I am...I think that the Isles could pull an upset with DiPietro in the net...you cannot tell me a PRESIDENTS TROPHY winner has never lost to an 8th SEED...(aka us last year) before...

I even think that if they get really hot they could with Dubielwicz...I doubt that one though...

With or without DiP , the isles are getting swept

No sweep even without RIcky, the Isles and especially Nolan arent laying down for this one.

So would I, but I just don't see it happening, with or without Dip

Seeing how well the Sabres have played all year, and seeing that the Sabres are definitely the more talented team I can see that one...

I just have a good feeling about the Isles in this one...Nolan is a great coach, especially with the kind of team the Isles have, and they have been really good recently...

Plus the Isles have Smyth, who tasted it last year but fell short, and he was part of the Oilers upset to the Wings, so he knows it can happen and will beat that message into the locker room...

and their D is better than it was on day 1 of the season with Bergeron...

I dunno its more that I want the Isles to upset the Sabres, but I do think that it could happen as well.

(edit): The key for the Isles is to really use their HUGE size advantage and stop the Sabres from controlling the puck and skating it up ice. If they can force Buffalo off of the puck in the neutral zone, they could have a chance.

Edited by russianswede919293

Yes I am...I think that the Isles could pull an upset with DiPietro in the net...you cannot tell me a PRESIDENTS TROPHY winner has never lost to an 8th SEED...(aka us last year) before...

I never said that, but what I did say is that I don't see this Islanders team (with or without Dip) knocking off the Sabres.

Simple as that.

I never said that, but what I did say is that I don't see this Islanders team (with or without Dip) knocking off the Sabres.

Fair enough...I can definitely see the arguement, especially since I want to see it happen more than I think it will happen, but don't count them out too early, they are a well coached team.