• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
T@T

Back again-good luck

Rate this topic

Hey guys,haven't been here since 04,Wings were my favorate team growing up but i'm still hoping for my Flames to upset the Wings "tall order this year though" :blink:

If the Wings win i'll be routing for them all the way :siren:

Hey guys,haven't been here since 04,Wings were my favorate team growing up but i'm still hoping for my Flames to upset the Wings "tall order this year though" :blink:

thanks. i'm not so sure it will be such a tall order. it should be a good series. believe me, we're all as scared of the flames as you are of the wings. good luck.

Welcome back and Good luck to the Flames (your gonna need it :sly:) lol.

Yeah a lot of us are skeptical we'll make it past the first round. Go take a look in the predictions thread and you'll see a lot of Calgary in 6 or Calgary in 7 replies.

To be fair though just about every "expert" in the media is calling for an easy Wings win.

can't blame em though

To be fair though just about every "expert" in the media is calling for an easy Wings win.

can't blame em though

Really? Can you point me to one? Everything I've read is basically a 7 game series win for Detroit or a Calgary win. Clement says Wings in 7, Buccigross says Wings in 7, Phil Esposito picked Calgary, Denis Potvin picked Calgary, Don Cherry and Brett Hull seem to favor Calgary. I haven't seen a single forecast picking Detroit in less than 7 games.

can't blame em though

If you can find me 1 that has the Wings picked to win in 5 or less I'll be shocked.

Calgary is getting the nod from most "experts".

If you can find me 1 that has the Wings picked to win in 5 or less I'll be shocked.

well Jeremry Roenick said Wings in 5 if that counts at all.

Source?

I just read his analyisi this morning where he said all Calgary has to do is get in Dom's face and he'll get frustrated and essentially lose the series for the Wings.

JR Analysis

I found it on Tsn. I was watching TSN preview too and he said Wings woulld take it in 5.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

As for you. Hope we can put up a bit better show this time.

Linda Cohn has Wings in 5, ahahaha. Well, actually, i'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with her there. If Bert and Zetter play and are healthy and Hasek does his job its over for the Flames.

source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2007...tory?id=2832223

Another Flames fan checking in.

Was pointed here from another forum that I typically post on.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com

Told you guys were the equivalent of our forum, but for Wings fans. Joined to get some insight as to what Wings fans are thinking about this series.

good lord, holy pessimism on those boards :o

good lord, holy pessimism on those boards :o

Well we usually get a pretty good influx of pessimists join this time of the year. But there are a lot of very good posters on that forum, don't get side tracked by the bandwagon posters.

Well we usually get a pretty good influx of pessimists join this time of the year. But there are a lot of very good posters on that forum, don't get side tracked by the bandwagon posters.

nah i wasnt saying your entire forum was like that, i was just reading the predictions thread with the poll tied to it...nice mix of wings and calgary predictions, kinda like on here...seems no one really knows whats gonna happen :rolleyes:

Another Flames fan checking in.

Was pointed here from another forum that I typically post on.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com

Told you guys were the equivalent of our forum, but for Wings fans. Joined to get some insight as to what Wings fans are thinking about this series.

Welcome! Calgarypuck is the only hockey forum that can hold a candle to LGW, and vice versa. I don't know about Wings fans in general (though there seems be a lot of negative nancies complaining that Calgary has a great home record and we're usually not good in western Canada), but myself, I'm confident.....I think Kipper steals one game, the Flames scoring comes alive in another, but overall, the Wings should be too strong. After all, if Wings fans are scared that Calgary has a great record at home, I think Flames fans ought to be even more scared of their road record. It's amazing how many Wings fans don't see both sides of that though and would prefer to think ahead to "What happens to the roster if we lose this series???"

nah i wasnt saying your entire forum was like that, i was just reading the predictions thread with the poll tied to it...nice mix of wings and calgary predictions, kinda like on here...seems no one really knows whats gonna happen :rolleyes:

<-------knows.