• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
T@T

Back again-good luck

Rate this topic

Yet another Flames fan checking in.

Haven't been here since 04, well I did swing by to see how the board reacted to the ultimate captain's retirement (Mr. Yzerman is one of my all time favorites) looks like we have another best of 7 about to start.

Going to be different then last time the teams met, we are a different team now, much closer to Det in talent this time around, we have more skill now, and less "grind em out" punishers. I think I heard that Calgary scored 4 more goals than the Wings in the regular season, like I said our team has really changed. Most of us aren't sure if this team is built for the playoffs like we were in 04, but we are ready to find out.

Our scoring has come at the expense of the solid D that we showed in 2004, but of course we still have Miikka Kiprusoff in the net. For whatever reason road games have been the Flames problem all year long, we are hoping this doesn't continue into the playoffs. Looks like Robyn Regehr might not be ready for game 1, makes us cringe, he is a big part of the team.

Hoping Bertuzzi gets to play, in the past the Flames have made him lose his mind, which in turn usually gives us a powerplay. He is hated in Calgary, one of our all time favorite players to cheer against. If he plays in Calgary you will figure this out quickly...the boos will rain down everytime he touches the puck.

I have always thought Wings fans really know their hockey, and this board in particular is top notch. I can't wish your team luck, but I can hope for a great series, regardless of which team goes on to the second round.

I'm already sick of Holmstrom's arse in Kiprusoff's face <_< , Draper's PK'ing, Zetterberg/Datsyuk in our zone, and Hasek being Hasek...and we haven't even started yet.

Lets drop the puck!

GO FLAMES GO!!!

Flames' Sea of Red vs Detroit's Red Wave

what are the odds

I really liked the "Let 'Em See Red" slogan.

I love this part, where opposing team's fans come in and everybody's so nice and polite. Then the series starts and the gloves are off. Can't wait to see JohnnyTitan and IginlaFan turn up.

I look forward to a great series.

*edit* And CalgaryPuck is a Class A board. I've been a member for quite a while. Could you send Heaton home when you see him, please? LOL

I really liked the "Let 'Em See Red" slogan.

I love this part, where opposing team's fans come in and everybody's so nice and polite. Then the series starts and the gloves are off. Can't wait to see JohnnyTitan and IginlaFan turn up.

I look forward to a great series.

*edit* And CalgaryPuck is a Class A board. I've been a member for quite a while. Could you send Heaton home when you see him, please? LOL

:rotflmao:

Hilarious, because I was thinking the same thing. You forgot to add that he's late for dinner.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

As ever, the calm before the storm. What's the over/under on how many games it will take before we hear "my city is 1337 and ur city is suxx0rz" every other post? I can already envision "murder capitol of the world" scrolling across my screen.

Hey guys,haven't been here since 04,Wings were my favorate team growing up but i'm still hoping for my Flames to upset the Wings "tall order this year though" :blink:

If the Wings win i'll be routing for them all the way :siren:

SCRAM! We don't need your love after we win.....PART TIMER! :sly: