• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
arnoldbuck

Sakic re-signs

Rate this topic

Av's signed him through 200-08. Good on him. He had a great season. I would have really liked to see them be our first round opposition. Next to Steve, Joe is the image of the modern captain. Class all the way. Can't imagine he will ever leave the Colorado organization. Curiosu to see in the years coming up if he can catch Steve's totals. Not to sure how I feel about that, but as has been said before ... no matter how many people pass Steve's records, it won't in any way taint the accomplishments he made.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=203493&hubname=

Av's signed him through 200-08. Good on him. He had a great season. I would have really liked to see them be our first round opposition. Next to Steve, Joe is the image of the modern captain. Class all the way. Can't imagine he will ever leave the Colorado organization. Curiosu to see in the years coming up if he can catch Steve's totals. Not to sure how I feel about that, but as has been said before ... no matter how many people pass Steve's records, it won't in any way taint the accomplishments he made.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=203493&hubname=

Good to see, Joe is a good guy and he had one hell of a season this year

According to my quick little bit of research, Sakic is the 2nd oldest player in NHL history to score 100 points in a season (He recorded exactly 100 points this season at the age of 37).

He's behind only Gordie Howe, who recorded his only 100 point season when he scored 103 in the 68-69 season at the age of 41.

Very impressive, way to go Joe!

Yeah. This guy's got a dog year left in him at least if we measure by Cheli's taperope. 37? There ain't a bit of dust on him. :cool:

Way to go, Joe. Keep up the great captaincy with the Divealanche!

You cannot compare Sakic to Smyth. Sakic is the Steve Yzerman of their organization. He would not play elsewhere.

Smyth was traded.

Sakic signed a high-priced offer sheet with the Rangers as an RFA--the very same kind of action that made Fedorov a villian in Detroit.

How does Sakic=Yzerman when his actions regarding loyalty and money match those of Fedorov?

According to my quick little bit of research, Sakic is the 2nd oldest player in NHL history to score 100 points in a season (He recorded exactly 100 points this season at the age of 37).

He's behind only Gordie Howe, who recorded his only 100 point season when he scored 103 in the 68-69 season at the age of 41.

That Howe stat is ridiculous. Only one 100 pt season and he has 1850 NHL points. Crazy.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

You cannot compare Sakic to Smyth. Sakic is the Steve Yzerman of their organization. He would not play elsewhere.

Furthermore, it shows some class on Colorado's part by not trying to get rid of him. Edmonton however, did not even blink an eye.

the difference between Sakic and Yzey is that he has been relatively injury free. Just imagine how many more points Stevey would have with two good knees and one less "career ending knee surgery" to come back from. Either way, Joe Sakic is the only Av I respected during the big rivalry days. It's one of those things where I hate to see him pass yzey on the record charts but if he does it, he fully deserves it.

the difference between Sakic and Yzey is that he has been relatively injury free. Just imagine how many more points Stevey would have with two good knees and one less "career ending knee surgery" to come back from. Either way, Joe Sakic is the only Av I respected during the big rivalry days. It's one of those things where I hate to see him pass yzey on the record charts but if he does it, he fully deserves it.

If Yzerman had never had a knee injury, he might have scored 200 points in 88-89.

155 points coming back from a serious knee injury that ended his season the previous year is just INSANE--look at Derian Hatcher's play after returning in 04, and in the UHL in 05 for a more typical example of what you look like the first year after a serious knee injury.