• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

So I'm filling out a playoff bracket...

Rate this topic

I thought Dipi was hurt...if he was in I'd think they have a chance...as it is...dunno

He had an appointment yesterday with a neurologist so we should know soon enough if he'll at all be able to come back and play. He said he's been feeling real good of late, but I guess it's up to the Doc.

He had an appointment yesterday with a neurologist so we should know soon enough if he'll at all be able to come back and play. He said he's been feeling real good of late, but I guess it's up to the Doc.

They won't get past round 1 without him, hun.

That would be like the Red Wings with no Ozzie (or something) :hehe:

I think we're underscoring the Islanders a little here. Even without DiPietro, their still a pretty good team. They have some solid scoring with Blake, Satan, Sillenger, and Smyth. If they could just get Yashin to produce on a consistant basis, like many know he can, they would be extremely deadly. Defensivly they got some pretty good physical guys like Witt, and some good offensive defenseman like Tom Poti and M.A. Bergeron. And in goal, Wade Dubielewicz has been excellent down the stretch here. I don't know if they can beat Buffalo, but they will certainly put up a good showing, and it should be an exiting series.

I think we're underscoring the Islanders a little here. Even without DiPietro, their still a pretty good team. They have some solid scoring with Blake, Satan, Sillenger, and Smyth. If they could just get Yashin to produce on a consistant basis, like many know he can, they would be extremely deadly. Defensivly they got some pretty good physical guys like Witt, and some good offensive defenseman like Tom Poti and M.A. Bergeron. And in goal, Wade Dubielewicz has been excellent down the stretch here. I don't know if they can beat Buffalo, but they will certainly put up a good showing, and it should be an exiting series.

Exciting , yes both skill team with fast Forwards.

But , the Isles defence are probably gonan get turned around by Afino , Vanek , Drury , Roy , Briere , Pominville etc.

Buffalo has a mobile D of Campbell , Kalinen , Numinen , Spacek.

and when it coems down to it Miller >> Dubi

Should be a goalscoring series , but not competitve as far as games go

I actually really like the Sabres as well, they are my third favorite team.

I don't know I just have this strange feeling in this series.

Does this same feeling apply to the Wings beating the Flames? It better! :P

There's so much parity this year, mostly in the west. I'm expecting to make a lot of wrong predictions. Here goes anyways;

West

Detroit over the Flames in 6. This could really go either way. With the injuries and our first round stigma, I won't be too suprised if the Flames come out on top. I'm expecting Babcock to outcoach Playfair and I think Hasek can steal a game or two (think 1-0, 2-1) while our offense works out its kinks. Our D should play well even without Kronwall.

Anaheim over Minnesota in 6

Van over Dallas in 5. Luongo > Turco

SJ over Nashville in 6. I think they're pretty even (assuming Thornton shows up) but SJ has better D.

Detroit over Sharks in 7. I think our offense will get going by the 2nd round. Hasek and some extra goals from our fourth liners (Filpulla/Sammy/Franzen/etc.) will give us the edge.

Anaheim over Vancouver in 6. Vancouver won't score enough but Luongo might make it interesting.

Detroit over Anaheim in 6. Our offense will outperform their's (more depth). Hasek and Jiggy should play pretty evenly.

East

Buffalo over NYI in 4 (should be a slaughter)

Devils over Tampa in 5. Tampa has no goalie.

Rangers over Atlanta in 7. Toss-up, but I'll go with Lundqvist.

Ottawa over Pittsburgh in 5. I'd love for the Pens to go far but their D isn't good enough. They need Fleury to stand on his head.

Buffalo over Rangers in 5.

Ottawa over NJD in 6. Brodeur will keep it close but the Devils don't have enough offense to keep up with Ottawa.

Buffalo over Sens in 6. Would be entertaining for sure. So much offense. Sabres are deeper.

Stanley Cup Finals

Buffalo over Detroit in 6. We'll be worn out by now. Buffalo has too much depth and I don't think Hasek can steal us 3-4 wins.

my picks would be:

Wings over Flames in 6

Wild over Ducks in 6

Nucks over Stars in 5

Sharks over Preds in 7

----------

Sabres over Isle in 6

Bolts over Devils in 7

Thrashers over Rangers in 4

Pens over Sens in 5

LOL, I always pick the Wings to win the Cup. Actually, I think I had Buffalo over NJ last year. I'll have to see if I can find my picks from last year.

Detroit: def. Calgary (6), Minnesota (5), San Jose (5), Buffalo (6)

Minnesota: def. Anaheim (7)

Vancouver: def. Dallas (5)

San Jose: def. Nashville (7), Vancouver (4)

Buffalo: def. NYI (5), NYR (4), Ottawa (7)

Ottawa: def. Pittsburgh (6), New Jersey (6)

New Jersey: def. Tampa Bay (7)

NYR: def. Atlanta (6)

Arite question:

I've been considering changing my choice in favor of Minnesota beating Anaheim.

I know the season series was tied 2-2 and each game was pretty close, but what are your opinions on this matchup?

I gotta go with Aniheim in that series.

Pronger , Niedermayer and even O'Donnel can shut down Gabby and Demitra , Rolston can make some room If he plays with them , I'd still take Aniheim because Giguere can steal games , Backstroms a mistery

Wings 4 d. Flames 1

Ducks 4 d. Wild 2

Canucks 4 d. Stars 2

Sharks 4 d. Predators 1

Sabres 4 d. Islanders 1

Devils 4 d. Lightning 2

Rangers 4 d. Thrashers 3

Senators 4 d. Penguins 2

Wings 4 d. Sharks 3

Ducks 4 d. Canucks 2

Sabres 4 d. Rangers 1

Devils 4 d. Senators 2