• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jiggy_12

To add some fuel to your fire...

Rate this topic

Guest tangstoiggy

Until the wings get past the first round, I think the entire nhl will consider us the underdogs

Darren Draeger on TSN has the wings going deep into the playoffs,

they did there fantasy pool on TSN and not one Flame, Star, or Wild players were picked.

They picked 2 nuck players, and quite a few from SJ, Anaheim, and Detroit

I don;t know what media or sports channels you listen to, but up here in Calgary, its all going more in the wings favor. But thats good, the Flames play much better as the Underdogs, and with no high expectations.

Last season the Flames won the division and after the 04 run, there was very high expectations for this team, and they choked in the first round to the ducks,

I like this no expectations, and Under Dog role much better.. really works in the Flames favor

i watched the flames vs colorado game last night , its your own commemtators who said the flames would win , so i dont know what your watching , and i seen some comments on sportsnet and tsn , they keep talkin about how detroit always choke and whatever other garbage they got to say , and that theyd lose 1st round , also lots of reports online i read

i really don't care what garbage they have to say ....last year was the 1st year under the new rules , i think this year were a hell of a lot better team and as much as i like manny , hasek is an upgrade even if he is 42 , we added youngsters hudler and filppula , cleary got a scoring touch this year , we added bertuzzi's size and kyle calder whos been scoring nicely with the wings and who isnt afraid to go to corners to get pucks and hit other teams players ........franzen is meaner and hits alot more .......sure losing kronwall was a loss but i still love this team , its a real different team then last year and i think with the new rules of no clutching or grabbing, slashing , hooking , cross checking it;s gonna help this team

Darren Draeger on TSN has the wings going deep into the playoffs,

they did there fantasy pool on TSN and not one Flame, Star, or Wild players were picked.

They picked 2 nuck players, and quite a few from SJ, Anaheim, and Detroit

ya i saw that , you forgot buffalo , they took like every player on that team LOL

Guest GordieSid&Ted

As if you guys needed any more motivation to hate our guts!

Actually, this is a pretty well made highlight video of our 03/04 series...showing all the good stuff :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0OGmbrtCfU

One thing that really stood out in that video was the play in front of the net. It used to just be Holmstrom vs the World. Now we have Calder and Bertuzzi who'll go to the net and park themselves in front. If the referees allow the Flames D to cross check and slash without penalizing them, then we're in for a long series. If they are forced to play positionally in front then we've got a real good shot because nobody ouplays Holmstrom positionally in front of the net.

Watching that video was equivalent to getting punched in the face. JUST TWO MORE DAYS, TWO MORE DAYS.

On a related note...Found this little gem on Calpuck.com. New Redwings Movie... :yowza:

IPB Image

that's hillarios by the way

Meh, I really have no leftover feelings towards the 03/04 season. Just thought I'd post that to get everyone pumped for the series.

:clap: All the best really.. it should be an excellent series by all accounts. Flames aren't really what they were back then, but neither are we. I just remember the games this season being quite entertaining.

Hell, this is much more of a "rivalry" than our inner-division Pred-boys in my opinion.