• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest LivingtheDream

Av-less Playoffs

Rate this topic

Guest LivingtheDream

I almost shed a tear for the old Avs failing this year. Think about it! It is truly pathetic to see a formerly awesome team like that just crumble into nothingness. Along with Stevie retiring, Brendon leaving, being down to two Russians and now this, well, we certainly have entered a new era. Don't get me wrong, I like this new era and the potential of this team, but no Avs in the playoffs is just another nail in the coffin of the glory days being over (with theirs being much more over than ours). On to some new glory days!

In all fairness to the Avs it's not like they've fallen into oblivion like some teams, they had 95 points which will get you into the playoffs most years, had a fantastic charge to end the year, and will continue to contend for the playoffs, at least until Sakic retires.

Colorado has some great young players (Wolski, Stastny, Svatos, Liles), along with Sakic who put up 100 points this year at the age of 38. Hejduk underachieved this year.

They need to revamp their defense and goaltending.

I almost shed a tear for the old Avs failing this year. Think about it! It is truly pathetic to see a formerly awesome team like that just crumble into nothingness. Along with Stevie retiring, Brendon leaving, being down to two Russians and now this, well, we certainly have entered a new era. Don't get me wrong, I like this new era and the potential of this team, but no Avs in the playoffs is just another nail in the coffin of the glory days being over (with theirs being much more over than ours). On to some new glory days!

[/

Edited by maltbymaniac

Colorado has some great young players (Wolski, Stastny, Svatos, Liles), along with Sakic who put up 100 points this year at the age of 38. Hejduk underachieved this year.

They need to revamp their defense and goaltending.

35 goals, 35 assists, total of 70 points (+10)....hmm I don't think I would say Hejduk underachieved. They are a team in transition, and like the above said, 95 points would have been enough most years.

The more the Avs lose, the more I shed a tear of joy

there is still that fire in me that wants to hate them, but no one is left on their side to hate really.

Hejduk has only underachieved insofar that he hasn't had a sugar daddy like Forsberg making sure he's living right. 30-35 goals and 70-80 points are what he's shown he's capable of without Peter.

Forsberg had to be where all the sucess was from.

50 goal scorer with Forsberg, 30-35 without him. Proves that for every good scorer , they have to have a great play maker.

Saying that , I hate Forsberg :P

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Guest tangstoiggy

I totally respect and admire that Av's team.

If it wasn;t for them coming up hard behind the Flames, the Flames wouldn';t of went on there 6 game winning streak to stay ahead of the Av's for the final playoff spot

Thank you Av's as you gave the Flames the push they needed at the right time.

But I put Joe Sakic right up there with Stevie Y for very professional elite players. And what gentlemen they are.

2 of the best that have played in the NHL

if the avs get foresberg int he offseason(which by the looks of it, they will) and maybe drury, they could be very dangerous next year. i think with the return of fores and drury, we could be getting into some pretty damn good hockey between the two teams again, which is great news

The Avs aren't a team that will be going down the tubes. The team had their best hockey at the end of the year. They'll be fine. Budaj is looking like a goaltender they can form a team around. Guys, this team doesn't need a Forsberg.... They've scored more goals than ANYBODY in the West this year(besides NSH, they're tied at 272).... They need defensive players. They've lost Foote and Blake and have not replaced them. Get them defense and they'll be fine. Scoring is not the problem

I think the Avs would have given the Red Wings more problems than Calgary will.

Having watched the Avs over the last month I can tell you that they played tremendous hockey, and between them and Calgary they were the better team at the end of the year.

As mentioned above, they have a very good offense, however their problems start at the blue line.

Again, I like our chances better against Calgary than they would have been against Colorado.

On a side note, it was interesting to watch the last Avs game on TV Sunday night. With the Avs already out of the playoffs, their announcers (who suck at the most highest level) could only drone on and on about missed opportunities and the like. The most interesting comments were centered around the concept of asking Avs fans to continue to watch the playoffs without the Avs in them! What a foreign concept to this football-oriented town whose hockey attraction was handed to them on a silver plate. Nothing like being born on third base. Worst fans in the NHL.

In all fairness to the Avs it's not like they've fallen into oblivion like some teams, they had 95 points which will get you into the playoffs most years, had a fantastic charge to end the year, and will continue to contend for the playoffs, at least until Sakic retires.

I agree. They clawed there way within spitting distance of the eigth seed. Not really a crumble if you ask me.