• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DetroitRockCity13

FoxSports' First Round Predictions..

Rate this topic

Red Wings (1) vs. Flames (8)

The playoffs are traditionally the time of year when grit comes to the fore. Lately, they've also been the time when the Wings staged an early exit. That's no coincidence. When the intensity gets cranked up in the playoffs, the Wings don't seem to have the kind of players who respond. Pavel Datsyuk, for instance, has been nothing short of horrible.

The Flames are not a happy group, but often, teams of this nature get together before the postseason and say something along the lines of, "Forget the coach and GM and the rest of the front office. Let's just play for ourselves."

If that happens, the Flames will win. Take Calgary.

They've also got a bunch more upsets, such as Minnesota over Anaheim, and the Rangers over the Thrashers.

Check out the whole article..

Let them doubt us , everyyear its the same thing , Wings won the presidents trophy , they should win the cup easy.

This year , no one expects them to do anything , At the last flames/wings game I went to a flames fan above me said "The wings arent doing anything in the playoffs"

I was tempted to say something to him , but thought of it as a postive , When theres no pressure the wings do well ( Ala regualr season) and I expect good things this season

Lots of folks (myself included) were thinking, at the beginning of the season, that a 4th or 5th seed would be pretty good for the Wings. Hot Damm just look at them now.....conference and division champs. Oh those of little faith....strap on your safety belts. The Red Wave will not be denied!

GO WINGS!

Guest Tunbo Batman

so basically, this year we can only overachieve :P

the "experts" have it right about 50% of the time, which means they don't know s***.

Spector picks the Wings to win in six:

Detroit Red Wings vs Calgary Flames. Split their four-game regular season series. The Flames have more offensive depth than in years past, making them tougher to defend against, but their defensive game hasn't been as strong this season. The Wings have depth at all areas, with a good mix of experienced veterans and rising young talent, but could be missing some key players (Chelios, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi) to start this series. The Flames will play the Wings hard but ultimately Detroit's depth should carry them through. WINGS IN SIX.

Predictions don't really matter.

We're DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

/sarcasm pessimistic attitude :P

I hope you don't think I posted this because I take the guy's word as truth. :P

I posted this because I thought it was interesting, not because I think it's an omen or because this guy is always right.. :rolleyes:

Guest Crymson

They've also got a bunch more upsets, such as Minnesota over Anaheim, and the Rangers over the Thrashers.

Check out the whole article..

The Red Wings must have been classified as liberal by Fox imperial headquarters. Too bad.

I bet they have Nashville going all the way. Yeehaw for Bush!

Guest LivingtheDream

Notice most of these critics base their predictions on the previous year. They aren't even trying to catch up and I am sure most have watched a few Wings games here and there. My off the cuff comments on domestic economic policy at a party have just about as much weight. GO WINGS!