• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DetroitRockCity13

FoxSports' First Round Predictions..

Rate this topic

I totally agree about the hitting thing. They need to send a message very early on with some big hits. Send out Bert with Malts and Drapes and then send out Franzen and Calder with Homer. All those guys will finish their checks.

Regarding how different Calgary is from 04, you are right, but it's not like they're a completely different team. They still have a very physical defense (including Phaneuf who wasn't there in 04), and their forward core still relies heavily on forechecking and dump-and-chase hockey. They still have a lot more forwards that finish their checks and will go into danger zones than the Wings.

And we all know Playfair isn't an idiot. He's going to use the same strategy that all the other teams did to knock out the Wings early. And I'm still not convinced that the Wings have an answer to that strategy. They certainly didn't show it on their last Western road trip.

But again, I hope I'm wrong. Regardless, I'm going to watch each game and enjoy it win or lose. This is the first year in a long time where I'm not expecting the Wings to do jack. Anything beyond the 1st round is gravy.

Yeah, but our 02 team was a LOT different than our '04 and '06 teams while Calgary's '04 team is a lot closer to their '07 team.

My expectations are also low. And not to make it easier to take if they lose, which it will help, but they need to prove to people that it's not a yearly thing. I honestly think this is the most balanced team they have had in a few years. The 03 and 04 teams were, it may sound dumb, but too stacked. You had guys who were pretty talented getting very little ice time. And last years team was pretty good but even if they got out of round one they weren't a team to go deep. But the Wings did the best they could with as little money as they had I think. But again if they lose I expect it and if they win thats even better.