Rate this topic

Zetts-Dats-Homer

Lang-Calder-Bert

Franzen-Sammy-Hudler/Flip

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

Lidstrom Markov

Schneider Chelios

Lebda Lilja

We could also pull Sammy from O and put him on D, drop Lilja and put Hudler and Flip on that line.

I think these lines would give us a lot of depth.

Z-Dats-Homer

Calder-Lang-Bert

Filppula-Franzen-Hudler/Samuelsson

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

Lids-Markov

Schneids-Chelios

Lebda-Lilja

If those lines struggle:

Filppula-Dats-Bert

Franzen-Z-Homer

Hudler-Lang-Calder

Maltby-Draper-Cleary/Samuelsson

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

We could also pull Sammy from O and put him on D, drop Lilja and put Hudler and Flip on that line.

If you think Sammy would be better on D than Lilja, then you haven't been watching the games as of late. Lilja has been impressive in his role.

Edit: Spelling

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Homer

Calder - Lang - Bertuzzi

Fanzen/Cleary - Draper - Maltby

Cleary/Franzen - Filpulla - Samuelson

Hudler will the odd man out to start.

Lidstrom - Markov

Schneider - Lilja

Lebda - Chelios.

The bottom two d pairings are interchangable imo. And not sure if either one will be #2 or #3 pairings because they both maybe getting decent ice time.

Wow, I like these lines a lot that someone posted:

Filppula-Dats-Bert

Franzen-Z-Homer

Hudler-Lang-Calder

Maltby-Draper-Cleary/Samuelsson

We all of a sudden have potentially 3 scoring lines. Hudler's more of the goal scorer and probably should be with Dats.

Hudler-Dats-Bert(Line 1a)

Franzen-Z-Homer(Line 1b

Filp-Lang-Calder(Line 2)

Maltby-Draper-Cleary/Samuelsson(Line 3)

Or maybe put Franzen & Calder together on the 3rd. It seemed like they were developing some chemistry in the first few games..

Edited by arin

If you think Sammy would be better on D than Lilja, then you haven't been watching the games as of late. Lilja has been impressive in his role.

Edit: Spelling

Sammy scored a career high 5 points playing D on Saturday. Has Lilja ever scored 5 points in a game?

Also, I should have made clear in my original post that I am posting lines that are realistic based on what Babcock has said and done. A couple of the lines are already set, for instance, Cleary will be on the checking line.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...0390/1128/rss16

While it may seem insane to some of you to have Sammy on D, the fact is that Babcock played him there and he played very well.

Edited by Inultus

People seem to forget how good the Lilja/Ledba pairing has been lately.

Lilja isnt half as terrible as he was say last year , he hits , fights , and can play the PK without giving over the puck everytime. But no one takes the time to notice the good things and only look at the stupid things he does.

Hudler should play over Sammy , unless Samuelson starts shooting to score instead of at teh goalies chest.

I would like to see/try the following:

Z, Dats, Bert

Lang, Calder, Flip

Homer, Mule, Sammy

Drapes, Malts, Cleary

I belive that a line of Homer, Mule, and Sammy would be a sloppy mess of nothingness. none of those guys are true puck handlers and they need others around them to get them the puck to be productive.

I belive that a line of Homer, Mule, and Sammy would be a sloppy mess of nothingness. none of those guys are true puck handlers and they need others around them to get them the puck to be productive.

I totally agree with that. I think that Homer will end up on his line with Z and Dats b/c they are both puck handlers and he isn't.

Bert is a good puckhandler but we need him on the 2nd line.

Sammy scored a career high 5 points playing D on Saturday. Has Lilja ever scored 5 points in a game?

Also, I should have made clear in my original post that I am posting lines that are realistic based on what Babcock has said and done. A couple of the lines are already set, for instance, Cleary will be on the checking line.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...0390/1128/rss16

While it may seem insane to some of you to have Sammy on D, the fact is that Babcock played him there and he played very well.

Where do I start with this post?

First and foremost, Sammy scored 5 points in a meaningless game against a horrid goaltender having a horrid day. Sorry to say but its the truth.

Next, of course Lilja has never scored 5 points in a game, but he's a defensemen. Sammy plays offense. That would be like me asking you if Sammy has as many blocked PK shots as Lilja does.

Finally, the only reason Sammy has played D is to replace Williams on the PP. It's not like Sammy is out there on a line with Lids when the game starts. I just don't agree with you one bit on this.

Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Holmstrom--Best line in the league when they were together.

Hudler/Lang/Calder--Also one of the best lines when they were together.

Franzen/Filppula/Bertuzzi--two-way playmaking center with grinding wingers who can score a few.

Cleary/Draper/Maltby--for the opposing top line on your Christmas list.

Lidstrom/Markov

Schneider/Chelios

Lebda/Lilja

Hasek

Osgood

Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Holmstrom--Best line in the league when they were together.

Hudler/Lang/Calder--Also one of the best lines when they were together.

Franzen/Filppula/Bertuzzi--two-way playmaking center with grinding wingers who can score a few.

Cleary/Draper/Maltby--for the opposing top line on your Christmas list.

Lidstrom/Markov

Schneider/Chelios

Lebda/Lilja

Hasek

Osgood

True, but that was with increased ice-time. With Z back, you know his line will get a good amount of the PT even though Babs will try and run 4 lines. That being said, What about flipping Bert with Calder so Hudler has some more room out there? Hudler and Lang have great chemistry.

it'll be

Dats, Z, Homer

Sammy, Lang, Calder

Hudler, Flip, Franz

Malts, Drapes, Cleary..

if bert is healthy sammy drops to the 4th and hudler or flip sits, prolly rex...

just hope those lines can get it done. they'res scoring threats on every line, which is good...although we've had it in the past and it's got us no where

Finally, the only reason Sammy has played D is to replace Williams on the PP. It's not like Sammy is out there on a line with Lids when the game starts. I just don't agree with you one bit on this.

Honestly, I don't want Sammy playing at all, but Babs played him and I would not be surprised to see him out there on D if Lilja/Markov need a rest.

We have enough forwards and it would be nice if Babs played Hudler up, but we'll see what he does I guess. To be honest, I think Sammy makes a better D than forward because he doesn't have great hands but he has good position. Not that I would pick him over anyone else but just if someone needs rest.

it'll be

Dats, Z, Homer

Sammy, Lang, Calder

Hudler, Flip, Franz

Malts, Drapes, Cleary..

if bert is healthy sammy drops to the 4th and hudler or flip sits, prolly rex...

just hope those lines can get it done. they'res scoring threats on every line, which is good...although we've had it in the past and it's got us no where

Babs already said he going to atleast start the series with Malts-Drapes-Cleary on the same line. If Bert does play, Sammy would either drop to the Flip-Franzen line or he'd be a healthy scratch.

With Sammy "taking" Bert's spot in practice, I'm hoping he's the odd man out if Bert returns for game 1, since Hudler-Flip-Franzen have been practicing together this week.

People seem to forget how good the Lilja/Ledba pairing has been lately.

Lilja isnt half as terrible as he was say last year , he hits , fights , and can play the PK without giving over the puck everytime. But no one takes the time to notice the good things and only look at the stupid things he does.

Hudler should play over Sammy , unless Samuelson starts shooting to score instead of at teh goalies chest.

Exactly and it's been like that forever. Besides you now, the only other poster besides myself who's even noticed (that I've seen) or is willing to give the guy some credit when due is Arice. The guy has been solid the entire second half pretty much. The fact is as silly as it may sound to some, the Wings need Lilja if there going to beat the Flames. I think he'll be up to the task. BTW, I'm liking all the cockyness coming from the Flames and the media alike, the Wings are a top seed underdog.

As far as the lines, well without Bert this is how I'd start off at least.....

Dats-Z-Homer

Sammy-Lang-Calder

Cleary-Drapes-Malts

Mule-Flip-Hudler

Lids-Markov

Schneider-Lilja

Cheli-Lebda

Honestly, I don't want Sammy playing at all, but Babs played him and I would not be surprised to see him out there on D if Lilja/Markov need a rest.

We have enough forwards and it would be nice if Babs played Hudler up, but we'll see what he does I guess. To be honest, I think Sammy makes a better D than forward because he doesn't have great hands but he has good position. Not that I would pick him over anyone else but just if someone needs rest.

I hear what you saying, but Babs isn't going to give either of those two a "rest" unless they sh*t the bed in the playoffs. If Babs had tried it out a little more before the regular season ended, I could possibly see it in a dire situation, but the only time I expect to see Sammy on D is on the PP.

Babs already said he going to atleast start the series with Malts-Drapes-Cleary on the same line. If Bert does play, Sammy would either drop to the Flip-Franzen line or he'd be a healthy scratch.

yeah...1st bit is what i meant..

i just always mix myself up...

some people call Drapes/Malts line the 3rd, some the 4th. I call it the 3rd, but wrote it 4th...

so, i did mean that if Bert is playing, sammy will drop to the Flip/Franzen line, no way he'll get the pull after a 5 point game

Our defensive pairings should be:

Team Uncanny: Fighter/Thief

Team Astonishing: Fighter/Red Mage

Team Extreme: Fighter/Black Mage

OMG 8-Bit Theater. I love you.

But I hear Black Mage is out. Make it Fighter and Fighter.

Edited by YzermanForever