• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsfan_54

Sportsnet article on Wings ticket sales..

Rate this topic

Hell, I still have my ticket stubs for Game 1 of the 1995 Stanley Cup Finals ON THE GLASS...

...and they were $100 a seat.

Makes you wonder if it's just because of revenue sharing or we're already subsidizing part of the cost of the new arena, eh?

Either that or it's plain SCARY to think what season tickets are going to cost in 2010 in a likely new arena...

I never thought of that :scared:

Wow, $100 for glass seats in the Finals... LOL $100 will just barely get you Row 11 upper bowl for the first and 2nd rounds.

If you were in Detroit you may really want to go but other reasons may hold you back. You would probably be collecting unemployment in Detroit. You would probably be facing foreclousure if you were in Detroit. You could also be laid off if you were in Detroit.

I don't mean direct insult at all. Just be very sure that everyone who does not live in Southwest Detroit does not have any idea what it is truly like here. Sure you hear about it, read about it, and talk about it but if your not living in it you have no idea what is truly going on here.

I am going to game one. It took alot of the months "smart" money but oh well. Next I will be filing Bankruptcy just becuase I went to the game.

GO WINGS! Do it for Detroit's economy!!!

It's bad here now. But I think I will be taking my next check and buying tix to game 2. :)

if I was in Detroit, I wouldn't care about paying the $63, I'd go to every game I could...I wish I was up there right now

You'd care if you were one of the many people in the Detroit area who go into work every day not knowing how much longer they'll keep their job.

You'd care if you were one of the many people in the Detroit area who go into work every day not knowing how much longer they'll keep their job.

Very nicely stated.

Back in my teenager days, I wouldn't think twice to dropping $63 for a ticket to a game with my friends. However since I now have a family to support, and spending $63 for one ticket (x2 for my wife and I) becomes a much harder decision. Usually one which is best answered by not going.

does anybody know the percentage of corp. seats to reg. seats during the PO's as opposed to the reg season? I would hope there are less corp. seats available or bought. I wonder if the season ticket holders who've turned down tickets are the corp. type?

does anybody know the percentage of corp. seats to reg. seats during the PO's as opposed to the reg season? I would hope there are less corp. seats available or bought. I wonder if the season ticket holders who've turned down tickets are the corp. type?

I Know at least 3 season ticket holders which are not corporate who turned them down :)

I think it has a lot more to do with the poor playoffs the Wings have had more than anything else. Also, we don't have as much star power as we once did either.

I've heard that Illitch really forced Hollands hand to resign Datsyuk just to help keep a star on the team long term for ticket sales. This might be true.

And lets face facts people, outside of the Lions this city has an abundance of fair-weather fans. Do people forget that at one time Mike and Marian Illitch would personally take potential season ticket holders out for supper to help sell the Wings? Or the fact that they gave away free cars during intermission just to get people in the seats? And this is an original 6 hockey team!!!!

If the Wings went 1 season without making the playoffs I think the Joe would be at 75% capacity. Even less if they missed multiple years.

I have a question, say I were to buy 2nd round tickets and the Wings get eliminated in the 1st round (knocks on wood like a carpenter with Parkinsons) what happens?

You have to follow the directions given by ticketbastard (assuming you bought them from them) You would have to take them back to the Point of purchase... If online, I have had to mail the tickets back to them (they will supply you with an address) and they will credit your card when they receive the tickets back. Overall its just one big hastle.

My roommates girlfriends dad (i know its long) has season tickets and he had to decline the playoff tickets because 5k was just to much to spoon out. he was upset because he has been to almost all the games this season but there was no way to get the money together for the playoffs. he figured he would do his best to get a couple tickets here and there for games.

You have to follow the directions given by ticketbastard (assuming you bought them from them) You would have to take them back to the Point of purchase... If online, I have had to mail the tickets back to them (they will supply you with an address) and they will credit your card when they receive the tickets back. Overall its just one big hastle.

Thanks for the info, although it is a hassle, I was hoping it was the case. If I do have the balls to buy Rd 2 tix, I didn't want to lose $200+ and then have them say "Sorry, thanks for playing."

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

Well offsides just announced to me that she got us 2 tickets for Sunday's game for my Birthday :) so that is two more tickets taken off the market.

Edited by OsGOD

Tickets on stubhub are goin cheaper than the actual price. There are a few seats for game 1 in section 225A goin for $55.
Yep, I see decent near-center ice upper bowl tickets on the Hub going for below regular season ticket prices!!!! It looks like the speculators are going to take a bath!

This ticket crap is talked about so much, it's starting to really get annoying. It's almost like the booing Fedorov discussions, or the Williams and Lilja for Ryan Smyth trade rumors.

There is a reason people aren't going. People are poor. The economy is bad. People don't want to spend money on hockey tickets because there are things they need it for, like bills and taxes. This situation is no different now than it was at the beginning of this season.

1)The wings have a pretty shaky first round past

2)The economy sucks balls

3)The tigers are now good, so people would rather spend their money on 3 of those tickets instead of one hockey ticket.

4)The pistons are still good

5)Theres no legroom at the Joe

6)Tickets have been outsourced to Mexico

5)Theres no legroom at the Joe

When has that actually stopped people before? Of all reasons I've seen, this is probably the most obscure one yet. I'll bet Mellon Arena and the Nassau Memorial Veterans Coliseum don't have a whole lot of legroom either, yet this won't actually stop people from going.

When has that actually stopped people before? Of all reasons I've seen, this is probably the most obscure one yet. I'll bet Mellon Arena and the Nassau Memorial Veterans Coliseum don't have a whole lot of legroom either, yet this won't actually stop people from going.

Read all my posts with an eye for humor. The last two reasons were jokes. I've complained on these forums quite a few times about my distaste for the cramped seats, and I figured I would throw it in there with the other reasons.