• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

Don Cherry to make US debut on NBC

Rate this topic

a hoe is a farming tool i guess for plowing a row in a field, so hes saying we have the toughest land to work...something along those lines

:clap: Correct. It is a farming analogy Hull used to convey the Red Wings would have the toughest way to the Cup.

I like Don Cherry & Brett Hull so this should be entertaining. Sports have very boring, cliché ridden announcers. I am glad hockey added these 2. They bring a little color, they stir things up. You may not like what they have to say, but they add an entertainment factor.

I like Don Cherry & Brett Hull so this should be entertaining. Sports have very boring, cliché ridden announcers. I am glad hockey added these 2. They bring a little color, they stir things up. You may not like what they have to say, but they add an entertainment factor.

That's the reason I love Don. I don't always agree with him, hell, I find his xenophobia disgusting, but the guy is just a hoot. The best thing about him is, he means everything he says. You can just hear the conviction in his words.

Brett, on the other hand, talks only to hear the sound of his voice. He just wanted to be 'edgy' when he made that Datsyuk comment, instead of saying what he believed. Bigtime nega-points from this corner for that kind of behavior.

:clap:

Gonna' be tons of fun listening to Grapes on NBC... hopefully Hull respects him enough to give him equal time... Clement is gonna' freak between the two of them. Does that mean Chicken Parm is toast?

They are already thinking a like. Both Cherry and Hull think that the redwings have no chance against Calgary.

http://www.mlive.com/weblogs/snapshots/ind..._04.html#247851

I am so sick of this crap,..can we destroy this guys,..i mean really Demolish them? Then maybe Don can do what he did last Year with mike commadore and his robe. I am so sick of everyone out there not giving the wings a single chance.

I am so sick of this crap,..can we destroy this guys,..i mean really Demolish them? Then maybe Don can do what he did last Year with mike commadore and his robe. I am so sick of everyone out there not giving the wings a single chance.

feed off of it, I am

I love Don , but not when it comes to the wings , His euro stereo type about the wings pisses me off to no end. I hope Cleary , Calder , Bertuzzi , Draper , and Maltby shut him up (Sorry Don)

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

I love Don , but not when it comes to the wings , His euro stereo type about the wings pisses me off to no end. I hope Cleary , Calder , Bertuzzi , Draper , and Maltby shut him up (Sorry Don)

I'm guessing you mean "stereotype that the Wings are pure Euro-powered" instead of "stereotype that the European guys are soft/suck/lazy compared to good ol' homegrown Canadian boys", right? :P

I haven't watched HNIC enough in past years to know if he still harbors that belief about European players being inferior, but I've always found him somewhat like Rush Limbaugh: by and large a blowhard. Like HoH said though, his best asset? His passion and all-out honesty. You can't find that often out there.

But I remain ever glad that Ron's there to balance out the stuff that comes out of his mouth.

I'm guessing you mean "stereotype that the Wings are pure Euro-powered" instead of "stereotype that the European guys are soft/suck/lazy compared to good ol' homegrown Canadian boys", right? :P

I haven't watched HNIC enough in past years to know if he still harbors that belief about European players being inferior, but I've always found him somewhat like Rush Limbaugh: by and large a blowhard. Like HoH said though, his best asset? His passion and all-out honesty. You can't find that often out there.

But I remain ever glad that Ron's there to balance out the stuff that comes out of his mouth.

Both actaully , Obviosly he must forget that the Leafs top line is all euros and only 1 is a good player. Poor guy , I truly pity leaf fans because of there management , Kubina at 5 million , thats a joke.

Dont ask me where that came from .. :lol:

Oh , but I love canadians as much as Don , I just also like euorpeans too , You need a good balance of both to win the cup.

I can deal with the flashy suits, and he usually has something good to say, I just can't stand how he treats that dude that's usually with him. Always interrupting the him, taking cheap verbal shots at him and waving his arms all wide to take up the whole tv screen. He just comes off as a jerk to me.

esteef

Hah! This is going to be a riot...

Bettman and the NHL totally screwed Cherry and CBC by not giving CBC the prime time slot for the Ottawa/Pittsburgh game this Saturday... and for all the other Canadian teams' first round game. I'd be pissed if I were CBC, espeically after just signing a multimillion dollar contract with the NHL.

The guys over at

http://www.FireBettman.com

have had some real good analysis of all of this, and all the other controversy that Bettman has caused.

GO WINGS!!!!!

Hah! This is going to be a riot...

Bettman and the NHL totally screwed Cherry and CBC by not giving CBC the prime time slot for the Ottawa/Pittsburgh game this Saturday... and for all the other Canadian teams' first round game. I'd be pissed if I were CBC, espeically after just signing a multimillion dollar contract with the NHL.

The guys over at

http://www.FireBettman.com

have had some real good analysis of all of this, and all the other controversy that Bettman has caused.

GO WINGS!!!!!

Quit f***in' advertising your site in every thread!

They are already thinking a like. Both Cherry and Hull think that the redwings have no chance against Calgary.

http://www.mlive.com/weblogs/snapshots/ind..._04.html#247851

But they're absolutely right in their assessment. This is the year that the Wings need to show some backbone and fight for goals.

If they're unwilling to go in those danger zones they're finished.

Love them or hate them, both Cherry and Hull are bang on. We are a collection of sweethearts. Many players, over the course of the regular season, even said that getting wins from Detroit is very tough but you know you're not going to be physically beaten up or worried about getting hit all night against them.

I'm hoping that Bert and Calder can change that attitude. But we need everyone finishing their checks. Even Dats and Zetts. (I'll leave Lang out of this as we all know he'd rather cut his hair than lay down a hit).

Edited by Hank

I want Cherry to get into an agrument with Hull and then rip him to shreds, leaving hull speachless for a few seconds.

Feel kinda bad for Ron, having his co-anchor get this oppertunity and he will be doing what?