• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeyCrazy3033

Flames already talking smack

Rate this topic

"He's a great goalie. He's won a Stanley Cup. But he's old." Huselius smiled. "And maybe when, as you get older, it's easier to get p---ed off."

hahahah poor huselius, he obviously hasnt done his research about when hasek gets pissed.... :sly:

yeah im already tired of play-off trash talk.

it just surprises me how they think the Wings record is better than the team cause the Wings beat columbus, and chicago, and st. louis etc..

somehow that's the Red Wings fault those teams arent very good..

it's okay tho,

i hope the Wings annhilate the flames, more so after seeing all the crap and disrespect the flames goons and fans are dishing out.

yeah im already tired of play-off trash talk.

it just surprises me how they think the Wings record is better than the team cause the Wings beat columbus, and chicago, and st. louis etc..

somehow that's the Red Wings fault those teams arent very good..

it's okay tho,

i hope the Wings annhilate the flames, more so after seeing all the crap and disrespect the flames goons and fans are dishing out.

honestly they dont know what they are talking about...out of those 3 teams, we only beat up on chicago this season, CBJ and St. Louis were good series this season.

We also had a powerhouse in nashville this season to deal with and we won that battle as well. They just use it as excuses, i cant wait to shove all this s*** back into the critics faces this year.

i'm not even going to read it right now...since I can't get my retribution until Thursday it would just make me too mad :battle: :flamingmad: :guns: :punch:

had to, there are just so many angry emoticons

I couldn't be more thrilled. Nobody nationally is giving the Wings a chance, and now Calgary is so confident they're actively dissing our goalie; This couldn't be better for us!

I hope Babcock is accidentally leaving these press clippings around the dressing room.

I couldn't be more thrilled. Nobody nationally is giving the Wings a chance, and now Calgary is so confident they're actively dissing our goalie; This couldn't be better for us!

I hope Babcock is accidentally leaving these press clippings around the dressing room.

lmao accidentally...i just imagine him walking around with a folder and them falling out him not noticing and the boys picking them up and reading them :lol::lol:

are you freaking kidding me? He's a good goalie? You stupid stupid man, you had one good season in which you played well. YOUR TALKING ABOUT A HART TROPHY STANLEY CUP WINNING HALL OF FAME BOUND GOALTENDER. Stupid bastard,...i'm sorry stuff like this just gets to me,..if it was someone reputable like i dunno someone who's played hasek in the playoffs then i'd be like okay whatever. But not from this punk.

Let them talk all that they want. Wont that make it more embarassing if they lose the series?

Huselius should accomplish something in his career before he talks smack about a hall of famer.

And Kipper is Glacial? If glacial means having no cups, and frenetic means one cup in two finals appearances, then that is correct.

The old "Flimsy division" excuse?

Det- 2-2

Nsh- 1-3

CBJ- 2-2

Chi- 2-2

Stl- 4-0

11-9...looks like the only team they handled with ease was St.Louis, and that was the "pre-andy murray" Blues. 7-9 without the Blues which apparently easy pickings before the coaching switch.

So how did they do in the "flimsy" central? Flimsy.

Lame. They should shut their mouths and worry about playing a series.

Guest tangstoiggy

"He's a great goalie. He's won a Stanley Cup. But he's old." Huselius smiled. "And maybe when, as you get older, it's easier to get p---ed off."

hahahah poor huselius, he obviously hasnt done his research about when hasek gets pissed.... :sly:

I was at the last wings\Flames game in Calgary...and in all honesty, the stunt Hasek pulled was ridiculous. Juice is right when he said Hasek gets pissed off, he does some pretty strange stuff. It was so strange in fact, that Babcock sat him out the next game. He was flip., flopping around like a fish out of water, we all wondered what was wrong with him... Mind you his little dive, or whatever it was didn;t work to get a penalty on Iggy. But the Dome sure did laugh and boo him at the same time....

I am sorry everyone, but when a goalie pulls crap like that, it is a little hard to respect him. So maybe Husilius is right in what he is saying about Hasek, I wouldn;t call it smack talk, just truth talk

I was at the last wings\Flames game in Calgary...and in all honesty, the stunt Hasek pulled was ridiculous. Juice is right when he said Hasek gets pissed off, he does some pretty strange stuff. It was so strange in fact, that Babcock sat him out the next game. He was flip., flopping around like a fish out of water, we all wondered what was wrong with him... Mind you his little dive, or whatever it was didn;t work to get a penalty on Iggy. But the Dome sure did laugh and boo him at the same time....

I am sorry everyone, but when a goalie pulls crap like that, it is a little hard to respect him. So maybe Husilius is right in what he is saying about Hasek, I wouldn;t call it smack talk, just truth talk

when your goalie wins a stanley cup, a hart trophy, more than one vesnia, and is a first ballet hall of famer,..than you can talk,..otherwise, shut up

when your goalie wins a stanley cup, a hart trophy, more than one vesnia, and is a first ballet hall of famer,..than you can talk,..otherwise, shut up

dont let it get to you, breath...walk around...let them get all worked up in their little heads, we'll see how they talk on the ice

Guest tangstoiggy

Aren;t all these press clippings coming from a Detroit paper,

that isn't a Calgary or area paper, or the Flames MB

So please don;t judge all Flames fans, bye that..

Where did it come from by the way....and you all know how they try to get the teams going before playoffs. I guess it is supposed to work on the mentality of the teams I guess,.

dont let it get to you, breath...walk around...let them get all worked up in their little heads, we'll see how they talk on the ice

sorry, it just gets to me when very ignorant hockey fans say stuff like this. It's like everyone has forgotten that Dominic Hasek is one of the greatest goalies of all time, use your head, or if you have to an NHL stat book.

Aren;t all these press clippings coming from a Detroit paper,

that isn't a Calgary or area paper, or the Flames MB

So please don;t judge all Flames fans, bye that..

Where did it come from by the way....and you all know how they try to get the teams going before playoffs. I guess it is supposed to work on the mentality of the teams I guess,.

id recommend actually clicking the link before you assume it is all detroit/michigan based. The archives its drawing from, especially the huselius comment, comes from everywhere, huselius from espn respectively.

Guest tangstoiggy

Who and where did the article come from?

id recommend actually clicking the link before you assume it is all detroit/michigan based. The archives its drawing from, especially the huselius comment, comes from everywhere, huselius from espn respectively.

I did click the link, how do you think I read it. But it doesn't say where it come from, and then it goes on in other articles about Gordie Howe, and Don Cherry, and so on

I have never heard of that guy who wrote it... and I agree it shouldn't of been put in a Michigan Paper. I am sorry for that, but this is going to happen during playoffs,

Its a distraction for the team.

Edited by tangstoiggy

Who and where did the article come from?

oh my god...look at post 1...click link...scroll down and view different archived clips, look at the blue underline of the source , aka where it came from...not that difficult, cmon :huh:

Woah buddy. Might want to take off your homer glasses before you hurt yourself.

Theres actually some merit behind what they say, and although it is smack talk, it really should be taken into account if we're going to be able to take the Flames seriously.

It is true that alot of our points came from weak teams such as Chicago, Bluejackets and the Blues. 37 points to be exact that we earned from -500 teams just within our division (which I actually think is the largest amount for any team, although I could be wrong). Even if you cut that number in half (18.5, rounded up 19), if you take those points away from us, we wouldn't even be in a playoff spot. Yes we've beaten the big guns such as Nashville Anaheim Vancouver, etc, but we really need to be prepared for the postseason. There are no -500 teams in the postseason.

Hasek also needs to give some credit to the wings' defense for his great stats. Hasek has 1309 shots taken on him, with 22 other goalies with more than him (Kippersoft is at the top of the list with 2190). There aren't even 22 no. 1 goalies going to the playoffs. Calgary knows they need to pressure Dom, and they believe his success lies in his low shots against. Thats added pressure for our defense to take into consideration, especially if we expect to win this one. Hasek has a. 913 save percecntage. There are 11 goalies entering the playoffs with a better save percentage (two from Nashville), including Kippursoft. I'm not saying Hasek is a bad goalie or that Kippersoft is better, but its definitely something we need to keep in mind, and something we need to know that Calgary plans to exploit.

And who are we trying to fool by saying Hasek isn't short tempered (not to mention proud)? That could go along way in the series, how many penalties he gets...

Edited by Echolalia

I was reading the sports section of the paper today and Tangauy was talking about the Wings with Hasek and how he knew from the 02 series.

He said something along the lines of "Watch how forsberg made him flop on the Game winning goal , Langks can do that too , it isnt that hard"

Hah , sure Alex , can you tell me what your +/- was when that series was over and how many points you got agaisnt the "Flopper"

Notice the wings talking no smack , the Flames = over confident , I hope we embarres them and then there known as the "Cant get out of the first round team"