• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeyCrazy3033

Flames already talking smack

Rate this topic

Its funny, alot of whining about smack talk but this board has a LOT more of the smack than the Flames board.

Bottom line, its going to happen both ways. If you're complaining about it, you must be a new fan of the sport. Its all part of the playoff fun!

Guest tangstoiggy

FLAME ARE THE UNDERDOGS, AND I LOVE IT :clap:

THE FLAMES LOVE IT

Its funny, alot of whining about smack talk but this board has a LOT more of the smack than the Flames board.

Bottom line, its going to happen both ways. If you're complaining about it, you must be a new fan of the sport. Its all part of the playoff fun!

Ditto that Jiggy.....remind you of anything ;)

Nice to have another Fellow Flamer here :clap:

FLAME ARE THE UNDERDOGS, AND I LOVE IT :clap:

THE FLAMES LOVE IT

I would say the Wings are the underdogs here rather than the Flames. The Wings may have the #1 overall seed, but almost nobody predicts them to win. Plus, the have to shake off the "puss" label they've garnerd. Really, the Wings are the underdogs. Standings don't mean s***.

Guest tangstoiggy

I would say the Wings are the underdogs here rather than the Flames. The Wings may have the #1 overall seed, but almost nobody predicts them to win. Plus, the have to shake off the "puss" label they've garnerd. Really, the Wings are the underdogs. Standings don't mean s***.

Nope, bye all the sportscasters, media and newspapers, The FLAMES ARE THE UNDERDOGS,...they say its because they lost the last 4 games of the season. They don;t even take into consideration the 6 games they won before that.

The last 2 games were basicly meaningless. When the Flames were playing the Oilers on saturday, they were up 2-0 completely outplaying the Oilers. Then Beasley had to announce over the PA at the Dome that the Av's had just lost to the Preds.....well, instant sigh of relief for the Team, and they basicly took there foot off of the gas, because they were in the playoffs. Then they went into Colorado for the last game, meaningless game. already in. Iggy, Langkow, Regehr, Kipper, Warrener, Didn;t even go.

But the media, is basing there playoff chances basicly on there last 2 meaningless games... So yes they are the UNDERDOGS>

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thats is some awesome pics there Jiggy,,,,very Cool

IPB Image

That is awesome!IPB Image

From the look of this, we don't have to worry too much about physicality:

IPB Image

LOL! This reminds me of the part in Indiana Jones where the guy is waving his swords all over the place and Indy just pulls out a gun and shoots him.

Odd that you posted that gif...I made this a while ago, and it has a new special significance for me :P

IPB Image

Phaneuf went on to a Calder nomination, generational rookie Defenceman stats, and a league-wide reputation as possibly the hardest and most consistent big hitter since Scott Stevens in his prime....but it probably does show that the Flames aren't really very physical.

It was one year. Lets let him keep it up for a few more before he gets put in the Stevens bracket.

Edited by GiantRobot

That is awesome!IPB Image

Odd that you posted that gif...I made this a while ago, and it has a new special significance for me :P

IPB Image

It was one year. Lets let him keep it up for a few more before he gets put in the Stevens bracket.

He's been doing that for 2 seasons now. His hit highlight reel is just as impressive as last year.

Did you see him turn Denis Hamel into Dorothy Hamel earlier this year?

It seems that a lot of opposing players/calgary (and national) media members are taking every chance to trash Hasek....Is this really the guy that you want to give any kind of fuel to? I'm loving this- Hasek thrives on big pressure situations; not sure that I'd want to give him any extra motivation going into the playoffs..

You know what's funny though?

Hasek has already done it. He really doesn't have to prove anything in that department because he already proved that he can win a cup. He got the Wings over the hump, and helped them win the 2002 Cup. I'm very confident in him, and you'd be wrong not to be.

Not to take away from Kiprusoff (he's a damn good goaltender), but he still has something to prove. He hasn't won a Stanley Cup (damn close though). Close isn't good enough though!

So don't let media or what not try to twist the reality here.

Hasek will be ready, and he has proven the doubters wrong before and probably will again. They doubted Hasek would even make it through the season too, didn't they? We all know what happened too don't we. :D

I cannot believe how some pathetic people are, some people have way too much time on their hands making all these pics and things. Man some people need to get a life! What do you do make up a poster to bash the wings for every new movie coming out?

It's very easy to take things out of context and get all fussed about them. That seems to be what this thread is all about. Flames fans not knowledgable? Hardly. Flames papers only homeristic rantings? Hardly. Flames players overconfident? Hardly.

All too often this year the Calgary papers have referred to the Wings as an elite team and the Flames as not an elite team.

Other things from today's paper:

"Pavel Datsyuk, undeniably among the game's most galvanizing talents."

"The very excellent Henrik Zetterberg"

"Forwards - slight edge, Calgary, Defense - edge Detroit, Goaltending - even, special teams - edge Detroit, coachin - edge Detroit, intangibles - edge Calgary. The pick, Wings in Six."

As for the Herald's ratings after a game - many's the time this year that they said the other team's goaltending was better. The Oilers were truly horrible in the game FAF referred to. They didn't deserve to get any credit.

The Flames to a man know they will have to be at their absolute best as a team to win this series. They aren't taking the Wings likely. But at the same time, they aren't about to kneel down and bow before them. Make no mistake, the Flames can win this series. It's just not likely that they can find the consistency to do so. And if they do, they'll probably piss all of you off by losing in 4 straight in the next series.

I cannot believe how some pathetic people are, some people have way too much time on their hands making all these pics and things. Man some people need to get a life! What do you do make up a poster to bash the wings for every new movie coming out?

Why worry about it? Just have a laugh and enjoy the ride.

I thought the brokeback one was kinda funny...

Probably took ~30 minutes to throw one of those together. I imagine you've never had to time to kill before, but it's not really a big deal to make up something funny about the other team/whatever with some spare time.

Dude. Chill out. The "ribbing" is not hate. I'm concerned about your blood presure. Seriously, take it easy. Personally I think it's freakin hilarious...cutting and pasting all that goofy crap together. It's a joke, not hate. Geez.

I didnt make those...I was just sharing ones I found.

Nice to see them get you upset though...over something so silly too.