• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Hartnell claims first victim

Rate this topic

I'm about as passionate as it gets about sports, but I don't agree with that comment at all. The Kamensky/Draper incidents are disgusting and should have no place in hockey. Wishing to see people get severly hurt is wrong.

If useless players like Hartnell or Tootoo were to get hurt, and bad enough so they never play hockey again, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all, or probably anyone else for that matter. Here we have two guys that literally go out of their way to hurt people. Tootoo especially. If theres something that shouldn't be in hockey, it's guys like these two.

Guest Tunbo Batman

if Hartnell hurt Tootoo in an accidental collision, it would be the best day of my life :P

I originally thought it was intentional by Hartnell

Thats because it was.

Hartnell is a punk, he took out Fisch a whiles back but Fisch returned 6 months later and knocked him out in that fight.

I think Hartnell should be suspended for this, he's a repeat offender.

if Hartnell hurt Tootoo in an accidental collision, it would be the best day of my life :P

LOL, sounds like a good idea to me.

I'm hating Nashville these days. When I try to have an intelligent conversation on their boards I get told to stop whining because I don't like physical play.

Believe me that's not it, I'm a physical guy myself, I'm known as the toughest guy on my team, but what I don't like is this s***:

PENALTY SUMMARY

05:15 ZIDLICKY, M. : Cross checking - 2 min

14:07 TOOTOO, J. : Boarding - 2 min

09:00 HARTNELL, S. : Game misconduct - 0 min

09:00 RADULOV, A. : Kneeing (maj) - 5 min

All of those are dangerous plays that could really hurt someone. Please tell me when the last time the Wings had penalties like that in a game.

Hardly surprising. I could totally see Trotz in a pin stripped suit, flipping a coin in the air, chewing on a toothpick, saying in his best 1930's gangsta voice "mehhhh... go get em boys....mehhh" (NOT SAYING IT WAS), but I wouldn't doubt if it was planned out and Trotz asked for volunteers, Hartnell and Tootoo would be cheapshoting eachother to get the chance. I thought it might be cool to play the Preds later on if both teams made it, like it might produce some sort of actual rivalry for me, but now I'd just like to see them get buried.

how many here have actually seen the play? If you have seen it, and don't think that Cheechoo ducked and dragged his back leg which led to the knee on knee, then you just can't make a clear judgemental call.

He was obviously going to lay cheechoo out, but to say he went in there looking for an intentional knee on knee hit is stupid.

If useless players like Hartnell

glad to see that the redwing homers are getting so worked up that they're lumping Hartnell into the useless category. he's a 20-25 goal guy every season. +19 this season. but yeah, I guess he's just another in a long line of Preds worthless goons who has a list of injury victims longer than the great wall of china.

:lol:

To me, it didn't look like Hartnell intentionally went Knee-on-Knee with Cheechoo. I will agree with Legionnaire's assessment in regards to the knee, but that being said the following image is very incriminating in regards to the elbow:

IPB Image

The knee-on-knee doesn't bother me, but the elbow is quite unnecessary.

That sucks. Unlike Hartnell Cheechoo is a very entertaining player to watch.

:clap:

To me, it didn't look like Hartnell intentionally went Knee-on-Knee with Cheechoo. I will agree with Legionnaire's assessment in regards to the knee, but that being said the following image is very incriminating in regards to the elbow:

IPB Image

The knee-on-knee doesn't bother me, but the elbow is quite unnecessary.

Thanks for the pic, the knee might have been unintentional, but the elbow totally unnecessary! There are teams that play "physical", but not "cheap and physical" like the Preds.. (see tonight's Wings Opponent)

how many here have actually seen the play? If you have seen it, and don't think that Cheechoo ducked and dragged his back leg which led to the knee on knee, then you just can't make a clear judgemental call.

He was obviously going to lay cheechoo out, but to say he went in there looking for an intentional knee on knee hit is stupid.

glad to see that the redwing homers are getting so worked up that they're lumping Hartnell into the useless category. he's a 20-25 goal guy every season. +19 this season. but yeah, I guess he's just another in a long line of Preds worthless goons who has a list of injury victims longer than the great wall of china.

:lol:

Yeah I saw it, if you were refering to me in saying that "to say he went in there looking for an intentional knee......" no, I don't really think he had it planned out, that was kind of a joke, like there in the locker room and Trotz askes "who's gonna take this guy out for me tonight!?" Only a "homer" would be blind to the fact, this isn't his first time, and that is how Trotz likes his team. Nice and dirty. The knee was bad enough, the elbow as others have stated is even worse. Lost a tooth or two on that.

I must be out of touch on Hartnell, can anyone tell me (perhaps with youtube videos) :) why you all call him a dirty player?

This is the first time I have seen him do something like this although I do not pay as much attention to many teams in the regular season (only get so many games).

Also in watching the video on TSN it sure looked like it was an intentional elbow with a mistaken knee. However the pictures being posted paint a different story. I am very interested to see what the league says about this situation.

He's knocked at least two Wings goalies out of games, one on a stretcher. They may have all both Legace, come to think of it. His hit on Jiri Fischer ended his season. Cheechoo. Going by memory, I believe he put Martin St. Louis, Naslund and Pavol Demitra (when he played for the Blues) out of games, although not for an extended time.

I would love to see a list, though. That's a lot of players who somehow get hurt when he's doing the hitting.

Some of you act like a bunch of girls. It wasnt intentional, he won't get suspended. It's like calling Liles a dirty punk ****** bag for the knee-on-knee he did. When a player is GRITTY and HITS, players get injured sometime. Some of you may not know that, since our team never does it.

Just because he may of a "history" doesnt mean it's intentional all of a sudden. Some of you are so shortsighted.

Bertuzzi did something way more dirty than an unintentional knee-on-knee...

Some of you act like a bunch of girls. It wasnt intentional, he won't get suspended. It's like calling Liles a dirty punk ****** bag for the knee-on-knee he did. When a player is GRITTY and HITS, players get injured sometime. Some of you may not know that, since our team never does it.

Just because he may of a "history" doesnt mean it's intentional all of a sudden. Some of you are so shortsighted.

Bert is a felon.. Bert is a goon... Bert is a liar... Bert killed my dog...

Seriously, when is this going to stop.

Be careful throwing words like "unintentional" around with the Moore incident. Ask Bert if he meant to break his neck. Accidents happen. But when they happen all the time and the same player seems to be involved, intentions are called into question.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

nice post Arin.

Maybe it's because I was raised a Flyers fan that I don't think the preds are a dirty team. But I think it's just a little ironic that just about the only place you read day in and day out about how dirty the Predators are is on this board.

Right...... :rolleyes: Well, I love hits, fights, and all that. But I hate cheapshots, which Hartnell is and a REPEAT offender at that. I'm thinking maybe your shortsighted, take a look a few posts up at the picture, is that where your elbow is supposed to be when your just a gritty player making a clean hit?

It just so happens that it destroyed the Sharks top star's knee, it just so happens the elbow got up and knocked out a tooth or two, it just so happens it's the first game of a playoff series, it just so happens the puck had left the area a couple of seconds ago, and it just so happens the guy doing it has a certain reputation for dirty plays....

...but I'm sure it wasn't intentional - it's just a lot of coincidences!

It just so happens that it destroyed the Sharks top star's knee, it just so happens the elbow got up and knocked out a tooth or two, it just so happens it's the first game of a playoff series, it just so happens the puck had left the area a couple of seconds ago, and it just so happens the guy doing it has a certain reputation for dirty plays....

...but I'm sure it wasn't intentional - it's just a lot of coincidences!

You will do well here. :clap:

nice post Arin.

Maybe it's because I was raised a Flyers fan that I don't think the preds are a dirty team. But I think it's just a little ironic that just about the only place you read day in and day out about how dirty the Predators are is on this board.

day in and day out? maybe.

though honestly there's usually only threads here about how dirty the Preds are after one of their player's questionable incidents.

Hmm, maybe that is day in and day out. ;)

I like tough physical teams, like Anaheim. The Preds just have a few too many players that seem to be involved in a fair amount of these "unlucky" situations.