• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

GAME 1 (4/12): Red Wings 4, Flames 1

Rate this topic

Very good win in game 1. The Wings countered the Flames' physical game very well by doing a lot of hitting of their own. Calgary was terrible, just didn't show up at all, although some of that was Detroit's play. Datsyuk scoring a goal was big, Zetterberg looked pretty good and the Wings shut down Iginla.

Glad to see the Wings answering the physical bell, including running Kiprusoff. That wasn't even remotely an injurious play, but they showed they're not afraid to get their hands dirty.

Seeing a crazed Danny Markov jump on top of the pile and pull out a Calgary Flame was absolutely priceless. It's nice to see a little emotion from us in the third there.

Anyways, the Wings couldn't have played much better. Our fourth line got things going in the first, and our top line put it away in the second.

I understand the Flames being upset about the Cleary hitting their goalie. But they definitely overreacted. Glad to see the team coming to help him out as he was being piled on.... lmao at Markov jumping on that pile.

Not to mention that Kipper could have been called for diving on that "hit". It was a tap, and he put on the theatrics. Even the CBC announcers noted that.

Oh well, the score is still 4-1. Maybe they'll figure out how to lose better next time instead of acting like *******.

Dont say you lost respect. Instead you should respect what they are doing. This is how hockey is played. Wings taught them a lesson so they relatiate to show they wont be pushed over. Get real man. This is all they had left that they could do, and they stayed physical and nasty to show that this series isnt over and they arent quitting. I sure wish the wings played that way sometimes.

Anywho GO WINGS 1-0

I'd expect nothing less from a guy whose SN is Wendel Clark :lol:

But I agree. I'd expect nothing less from the Flames either. I don't think there's such a thing as overreacting when your goalie's run. It's not like they're gonna stop and analyze the video and argue amongst themselves whether or not Cleary did it on purpose. Iginla lost his cool and the guy wearing the C should be behaving himself better, but other than that the Flames did what they should when they know they just got embarrassed.

Seeing a crazed Danny Markov jump on top of the pile and pull out a Calgary Flame was absolutely priceless. It's nice to see a little emotion from us in the third there.

Anyways, the Wings couldn't have played much better. Our fourth line got things going in the first, and our top line put it away in the second.

Haha yeah I hope someone can find a pic of Markov jumping on top of that pile. That was great.

You watch that Replay. The Calgary Defenceman lines him right into Kiprusoff. and on top of that, Kipper's WAY out of the crease, and WAY out of his net. No reason for him to be standing that high on someone who's being turned AT you.

It was a great game. If I bother you so much, don't read what I say. People rant and defend Ozzie with swearing and threats, and that's acceptable? I say what I think and you get bent outta shape. Why?

He's very happy with the W, no doubt... but always wants to be better, so I bet he wants that one goal back anyway.

I think I explained why. It's the same thing, over and over.

Oh, if Hasek got the shutout people just would've said how he didn't have to work hard to get it. Dom didn't lose sight of the puck he was just looking to make sure Iggy wasn't going to run him. Dom didn't get enough credit for this... or that...

Ozzy has nothing to do with this. Some of that definitely goes on, but Ozzy is the backup, so I don't have to wade through that every single GDT like I do Dom.

Look, I don't want to drag this thread off topic. Next GDT if I get sick of it, I'll just put you on ignore.

What an awesome effort! Everyone showed up tonight. I liked how everyone was there for their teammates. They looked like the #1 team tonight. Flipper was tenatios, and an awesome goal to boot. I knew Datsyuk wouldn't disappoint. What a solid effort by everyone!

Good job guys

:siren::clap::siren:

Old time hockey baby.

Nice to see the Wings fighting back rather than issuing a sternly worded threat about the power play at the press conference after.

After watching tonight's game and thinking about it, it's really tough to find anything to complain about. The Wings had good shooting, passing, defense, checking, and goal tending. I mean, what went wrong?

Attendance 19,204 at Joe Louis Arena

:o:o:o

Everyone thinks we are just gonna choke again. If we make it past the first round, I guarantee every game will be sold out.

That, and the excitment factor isnt as high, what with is making the playoffs every year for what the past 12 years?? Something like that....

All I know is that our boys looked GRITTY out there. I so want to see a pic of Markov jumping on that pile. THAT was hockey, baby!

Watching the TB/NJ game right now...TB's on a PP, 4:40 left in the 3rd, 4-3 Devils. Much closer than anyone thought.