• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

GAME 1 (4/12): Red Wings 4, Flames 1

Rate this topic

GREAT JOB, AFLAC!!!!

PLAYOFFS!!!!!!! RED WINGS PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!

I AM GOING TO BE THERE!! I CANNOT WAIT.

Wings win it 4-2

2 by Datsyuk, Cleary, Calder

LETS GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXTINGUISH THOSE FLAMES AND SHOW 'EM WHO'S BOSS!! GO DOM!

I am so jealous! Please say hi to Hank from me and remind him he PROMISED me he would tear it up in the playoffs.

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH HELLLLLLLL YEAHHHHHHHHH it's playoff time baby!!!! Can't wait to get this rolling. This is gonna be one hell of a series and I can feel some retribution this time around. I'm so pumped, I'm gonna be there 8 rows up from the Wings bench. Just bought a new camera just for this occasion. Can't wait to get there, see the new Howe statue and grab a tall cold one and get it on. Wings are gonna be clicking on all 8 cylinders I can feel it. Lets Go Red Wings!!!!! Lets Go Red Wings!!! Lets Go Red Wings!!!!! Lets Go Red WINGs!!!!!

Wings win 6-1

DET: Zetterberg 2, Datsyuk, Lidstorm, Hudler, Holmstrom

CAL: Huselius

By the way... is this the line up that is supposed to be sooo intimidating?

1: ALEX TANGUAY - CRAIG CONROY - JAROME IGINLA

2: KRISTIAN HUSELIUS - DAYMOND LANGKOW - MATTHEW LOMBARDI

3: BYRON RITCHIE - WAYNE PRIMEAU - TONY AMONTE

4: MARCUS NILSON - STEPHANE YELLE - JEFF FRIESEN

Defense

1: ROMAN HAMRLIK - DION PHANEUF

2: BRAD STUART - ANDREI ZYUZIN

3: DAVID HALE - RHETT WARRENER

s***s weak... WIZZZEAK!!!

I have no doubts the series will be over in 4-5 games

Wings win 6-1

DET: Zetterberg 2, Datsyuk, Lidstorm, Hudler, Holmstrom

CAL: Huselius

By the way... is this the line up that is supposed to be sooo intimidating?

Defense

s***s weak... WIZZZEAK!!!

I have no doubts the series will be over in 4-5 games

You seriously think that's a weak lineup?

Look, I'll be the 1st to admit that you guys should take this series, but on paper the Flames have one of the strongest lineups out there. Where is the weakness?

Hopefully the Wings players and coaching are naive as that. It'll be a cakewalk for us if thats the case.

You seriously think that's a weak lineup?

Look, I'll be the 1st to admit that you guys should take this series, but on paper the Flames have one of the strongest lineups out there. Where is the weakness?

Hopefully the Wings players and coaching are naive as that. It'll be a cakewalk for us if thats the case.

People are talking about the Flames this year like they are by far the most intimidating team, looking at that line up I really don't see the hype

Defense

Iginla? Sure, that's a given. Ritchie? Nah. Primeau? Nah. Nilson? Nah. Yelle? Nah. Hamrlik? Nah. Phaneuf? Yeah, he has a tendency to catch guys with their head down, definitely not the most consistent hitter in the league though. Hale? Nah. Warraner? Nah.

Look I'm not saying it's a soft line up by any means, and I understand the Red Wings are one of the softest teams in the league, I'm just saying that with all the hype I don't see that line up being anything special, I'd take the bangers in San Jose and Nashville over them. With Regehr, Godard and McCarty out of the line up I think the toughness is over hyped

All I have to decide is which of the THREE channels I want to watch. :P

If i am correct Versus should be blocked out in Michigan area.

Edited by Jwo

People are talking about the Flames this year like they are by far the most intimidating team, looking at that line up I really don't see the hype

Defense

Iginla? Sure, that's a given. Ritchie? Nah. Primeau? Nah. Nilson? Nah. Yelle? Nah. Hamrlik? Nah. Phaneuf? Yeah, he has a tendency to catch guys with their head down, definitely not the most consistent hitter in the league though. Hale? Nah. Warraner? Nah.

Look I'm not saying it's a soft line up by any means, and I understand the Red Wings are one of the softest teams in the league, I'm just saying that with all the hype I don't see that line up being anything special, I'd take the bangers in San Jose and Nashville over them. With Regehr, Godard and McCarty out of the line up I think the toughness is over hyped

First off, David Moss will be in lineup which means either Ritchie or Nilson will be scratched.

Secondly, guys like Primeau, Yelle and Hamrlik are needed on any team. Hello Maltby.

If it is hype you are talking about...then fine. I'm not in Detroit so its tough to gauge how your media is spinning this. Here in Calgary, and the rest of Canada, most people are picking your Wings to win the series. Not much hype on this side of the border.

But to look at that team on paper and call them weak is just incorrect.

Edited by Jiggy_12

If it is hype you are talking about...then fine. I'm not in Detroit so its tough to gauge how your media is spinning this. Here in Calgary, and the rest of Canada, most people are picking your Wings to win the series. Not much hype on this side of the border.

What was all that talk on CBC last week that Detroit will have the highest chance to be upset? and when I go to any hockey message board, people are picking Calgary to be the winners of this series.

Maybe being the role of the underdogs will fire up Detroit this time.

Edited by Jwo

What was all that talk on CBC last week that Detroit will have the highest chance to be upset? and when I go to any hockey message board, people are picking Calgary to be the winners of this series.

Maybe being the role of the underdogs will fire up Detroit this time.

Greatest CHANCE of being upset is different than picking us to win. which is what I said..hardly anyone is picking us. Go to some sites like tsn...espn...see for yourself.

Calgary is probably the strongest 8th seed in recent history, so of course there is a chance for an upset.

Dear everyone,

this series is going to be more difficult than everyone is being lead to believe. Calgary is a GOOD team, only a couple points from 100 in the regular season. They have tough players that can bring the fury in the playoffs. Please don't jinx us by underestimating them...

Sincerely, Echolalia

PS- wings will still win

First off, David Moss will be in lineup which means either Ritchie or Nilson will be scratched.

Secondly, guys like Primeau, Yelle and Hamrlik are needed on any team. Hello Maltby.

But to look at that team on paper and call them weak is just incorrect.

I realize Primeau, Yelle, and Hamrlik are needed they just aren't overly physical or intimidating players. I've never seen David Moss play but I've never heard anything about him either.

I'm actually in Toronto, and I've seen a ton of people say that the Wings are out first round, I was actually suprised when I saw the votings on TSN.

I guess we will see how it plays out tomorrow I just don't see any reason to be intimidated

I realize Primeau, Yelle, and Hamrlik are needed they just aren't overly physical or intimidating players. I've never seen David Moss play but I've never heard anything about him either.

Moss is a pretty big guy, 6'4 I think...and he likes to hang out around the net. My bet is he'll be the first guy to make Hasek take a swing. This is his rookie season, had about 10 goals in exactly half a season...41 games. So a pretty important guy for us that not many people know about. Think Martin Gelinas but with a little more size and less speed.

As for the physicality issue. Our defense takes care of that with Phaneuf, Regehr, Stuart, Warrener, and Hamrik.

Edited by Jiggy_12

Everyone sounds so suprised that the Wings are not being picked to win the series. You should all know by now that the Wings are hated by every form of media outside the city of Detroit. Even if the Wings would have won the Cup last year, most people would still call the Wings going out in the first round because this is what they want. For some reason, the Wings are the most hated team in the media, and almost everyone calls for their downfall.