• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

GAME 1 (4/12): Red Wings 4, Flames 1

Rate this topic

Greatest CHANCE of being upset is different than picking us to win. which is what I said..hardly anyone is picking us. Go to some sites like tsn...espn...see for yourself.

Calgary is probably the strongest 8th seed in recent history, so of course there is a chance for an upset.

Yes those sites you mention are giving the Wings the greatest chance to win. That sounds the same to me as the people that are picking the Wings to have the greatest chance to be upset by the Flames. The only reason why they are giving the wings the chance to win is because of the Flames bad road record in the regular season, but you and I know that anything that has happen in the regular season means crap in the playoff season. When you throw that out you will see people saying Calgary will win this series because they will wear down Detroit.

Edited by Jwo

The only reason why they are giving the wings the chance to win is because of the Flames bad road record in the regular season

Um actually I think the Wings are being given something of a slight outside shot to win because, uh, they're the #1 seed. That might have some small influence on people's selections.

Honestly, do we have to rely on Flames fans and the national media to give the Wings any credit, or would our fans like to start sticking up for them at some point?

Um actually I think the Wings are being given something of a slight outside shot to win because, uh, they're the #1 seed. That might have some small influence on people's selections.

Honestly, do we have to rely on Flames fans and the national media to give the Wings any credit, or would our fans like to start sticking up for them at some point?

True. I totally was not even thinking the seed #'s because all the teams are just that good.

True. I totally was not even thinking the seed #'s because all the teams are just that good.

exactly,

the seeds in the west are useless, anybody can win this conference, all 8 teams are excellent

Great GDT aflac, terrific way to kick start things!

Didn’t we reach 100 pages for a couple of playoff games last year? We’ll have to do that again. :D

No predictions, just play the full 60 minutes Detroit!

Guest Tunbo Batman

calgary is over

...rated :P

Edited by Tunbo Batman

i'm dead nervous...

11-1 win

Hudler (5), Datsyuk (2), Zetterberg, Samuelsson, Lang, Draper (SH)

Dats with 8 assists...

btw, last time i predicted this we won 7-2!..

GET IT DONE!

ITS TIME BABY!!!!

The Flames are a really tough opponent, and are probably the strongest 8th seed in a long time. Wings can win, but so can the flames. I just hope the Wings play like they can. Oh man I love this time of year. I will love it even more if I am posting in a gameday thread in June

I'm very nervous about this one. I hope the wings come out flying and not sluggish or on their heels. Expect Calgary to check eveyr chance they get, maybe we'll get lucky and get a power play out of an over zealous Flame. Refs were calling it a little bit tight yesterday I thought.

Let's hope Detroit doesn't miss Bertuzzi too much for this one, although I think they will. Maybe we'll get lucky and find out Bert is in the lineup come game time.

Prediction: Detroit 2-1, maybe 3-1 with open netter at the end.

Edited by Firehawk

I feel a degree of uncertainty as to what is actually going to happen on the ice tonight. I really like our chances; I think many (if not all) of the questions facing the Wings will be answered after Game 1.

With that in mind, now is the time! The Wings have the potential to be a champion, if they truly devote themselves to that purpose - I'd like to believe they will.

Tonight, the Wings win in convincing fashion! :D

LETS GO RED WINGS!!! :clap: LETS GO RED WINGS!!! :clap:

4-3 Wings :siren:

This is what it is all about!! Man I love playoff hockey!!!!!

IPB Image

This is the best time of year. No prediction, just a good game with no injuries!

IPB Image

That gets a big hell yeah from me! Awesome job on the GDT!

Here you go Monty Python Lovers:

Sir Bertuzzi: We were in the nick of time. You were in great peril.

Sir Datsyuk: I don't think I was.

Sir Bertuzzi: Yes, you were. You were in terrible peril.

Sir Datsyuk: Look, let me go back in there and face the peril.

Sir Bertuzzi: No, it's too perilous.

Sir Datsyuk: Look, it's my duty as a Wing to sample as much peril as I can.

Sir Bertuzzi: No, we've got to find the Stanley Cup. Come on.

Sir Datsyuk: Oh, let me have just a little bit of peril?

Sir Bertuzzi: No. It's unhealthy.

Sir Datsyuk: I bet you're ***.

Sir Bertuzzi: Am not.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Red Wings 4 (Lilja, Cleary, Datsyuk, Zetterberg)

Flames 2 (Iginla, Kipprusoff)

Edited by CelticWing34

I've been smiling since I woke up, always a good sign to a great day.

Wings come out with force and fury, but get a little soft in the 2nd, then turn it around in the 3rd.

Wings 3 (Dats, Schneider, MALTBY)

Flames 2 (2 random cow tipping flamers)

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Wings_Dynasty