• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

GAME 1 (4/12): Red Wings 4, Flames 1

Rate this topic

Found a pic of Markov leaping onto that dogpile last night. :D

IPB Image

did anyone else see some calgary player try to strangle maltby outta his jersey...haha..

yesterday was my birthday...the 4-1 win was the highlight of my day :D:D:D

Don't need to find anything, the original post I quoted from you is enough. You start by saying your not trying to be a troll, and then you end your post with [troll/], seems pretty obvious to me. Don't see why on earth you feel the need to defent NHL teams and there marketing staff, but hey to each his own I guess. But I don't see that as what you were doing, I see it more as "HAHA!!! You didn't sell out!!!" "Can't talk s*** about the game played on the ice, so I'll latch on to whatever I can" That's what it seems like to me. It's ridiculous to lump Cleary last night, into what goon's like Hartnell do on the regular with intent and malice. I don't think I was ripping on anyone, but I'm sure Gord would oblige. I try to be civil whereas Gord will just call you out, harsh or not.

That's how it came out to me too.

For everyone bitching about the amount of people at the game last night... Put your money where your mouth is... Get yourself on a Bus, Plane or walk and get your rear end in those damn empty seats or shut the hell up.

This talk of people not going to the game has grown very tired. Don't ***** about it online in a message forum... get to the damn game. I don't care if you are out of state or whatever your excuse is to not go to the game... people here in the city and suburbs probably have just as good of a reason not to attend the game that you do. :rolleyes:

Anyways, as always, the atmosphere at the Joe during a playoff game made up for the empty seats.... Perhaps they could do something a bit more ENERGIZING for the pre-game Playoff celebration. That was a total snooze fest.

I could tell this was Zeta first game back after a long hiatus. He was missing passes on both ends and looked to be always one step behind in his moves. But, I expected that as he was out for a long time without being able to play. Lke Bertuzzi, I am sure he will find his "A" game rather quickly. Zeta showed stints of his normal self when he had the buck but behind the camara shots he was looking rather sluggish and cautious.

Our section won the Foam fingers last night... that was pretty funny. It was definitely a great game to attend.

:clap:

I was at the game last night and I 100% agree.

Pretty Close to that. The first 12 rows of the Upper Bowl (normally $54) are $99 in the post season. Horrible markup for a round 1

Holy crap. 100% markup?

Looks like the Wings management have finally found they will eventually raise tickets to a price where the fans cannot afford to come. Hopefully they'll respond appropriately next year by making some changes.

And OsGOD, I don't mean it as a personal attack on local Wings fans or anything, it's just a shock to see empty seats at a Red Wings playoff game, no matter what the reasons may be.

I love when Hasek's out of the crease and someone bumps him , its bull s*** and people say get up Hasek.

But someone bumps into Kippersoft and its a hell house at the Joe.

It pissed me right off , and Stuart , you ******* prick , You dont jump on somone with you knees going stright into tehre back when there on the ice. *******.

Anyways , I'd like to see the Flames do that s*** when Bertuzzi gets back.

Oh , and I love what Markov did in that scrum , He jumped right in after Warrener. Good Stuff Danny.

Not only that, but them calling Cleary a dirty player because he bumped Kiprusoff. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see the Flames players run over Dom next game either, and then say it wasn't on purpose. Only thing with them is they would probably try to injure Dom when they did it, but let's see Bert run over Kipper and see how Iginla and his cheap shot buddies like that.

Holy crap. 100% markup?

Looks like the Wings management have finally found they will eventually raise tickets to a price where the fans cannot afford to come. Hopefully they'll respond appropriately next year by making some changes.

And OsGOD, I don't mean it as a personal attack on local Wings fans or anything, it's just a shock to see empty seats at a Red Wings playoff game, no matter what the reasons may be.

I did a Percent markup on each section for each round but it is now somewhere buried in these threads... it was quite staggering to seet. However the $5 Hot'nReady is only a 250% markup at the joe ($12.50) so its all relative ;)

Oh don't worry, I actually wasn't directing my comment at you at all... there was just so many people ALL SEASON and whatnot complaining about season ticket holders and not filling the seats and I just finally snapped. For me now it is you better put up or shut up about the empty seats.

Personally, with the Wicked leg and arm room I now expect at each game... I don't blame the fans one once for the empty seats. They seats are empty for nothing more than as you said... the Wings uppers have finally (THANK GOD) found the ceiling for ticket prices.

Sadly though, since these games are all Bonus cash for the Org and with the amount they charge for tickets (all ranges) a bunch of empty seats in the playoffs will still bring in more of a Revenue than any given sold out Regular Season game. All in all I see the Regular season prices on the rise next season with any amount of sucess this post season. The only way to stop them for rising is to stop going. which seems to have finally become a reality.

Edited by OsGOD

Seriously, they were literally laughing at the notion that "dirty" Dan Cleary (famous for his antics league-wide) purposefully ran Kipper on TSN. McKenzie made it clear they were doing anything to force some conflict and manufacture some intensity and Dano's bump gave them that.

It's funny, I was watching some recaps they had on a late night Versus (in-between watching Enough and Young Guns on a couple stations :lol: ) and the guy was talking about the Kipper hit -- you know, "That's a big no-no in the game. You don't want to do that."

Thaaaaaank yooooooouuuuuu Einstein! Also, major props for not seeing incidental contact and intentional contact. You'll be soaring out of Versus to a dreamjob V. SOON. =p

Hank was playing like it was nobody's motherf***in' business though. It's actually smart he came out physical--I want some more. Apparently Jiggy couldn't handle a little bump without complaining about his nails though :lol:

Found my PLAYOFF TICKET PRICE MARKUP for the regular season's $54 seats:

We have two of the $54 tickets (row 11, upperbowl)... here was our price breakdown:

$99 for Round 1 (about a 183% markup)

$108 for Round 2 (about a 200% markup

$158 for Round 3 (about a 292.6% markup)

$270 for Round 4 (about a 500% markup)

Basically for the entire Playoffs we would pay, $5,110.00 (including the $30 in handling fees for us season ticket holders)

Edited by OsGOD

Guest Tunbo Batman

when people rant on and on and on and on and on about how you failed to sell 700 tickets once in a decade, thats because your business is going well, baby :P

Found my PLAYOFF TICKET PRICE MARKUP for the regular season's $54 seats:

We have two of the $54 tickets (row 11, upperbowl)... here was our price breakdown:

$99 for Round 1 (about a 183% markup)

$108 for Round 2 (about a 200% markup

$158 for Round 3 (about a 292.6% markup)

$270 for Round 4 (about a 500% markup)

Basically for the entire Playoffs we would pay, $5,110.00 (including the $30 in handling fees for us season ticket holders)

I'll say it again:

Holy crap! :crazy:

And another stupid quote from Warrener after the game last night:

"The second goal they scored, they got a bounce. It goes off Stewie and in the net," said Flames defenceman Rhett Warrener. "That always hurts and we just couldn't seem to generate much offence.

"A two-goal lead, they're good enough to sit on it and open up holes in you."

http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Hockey/2007/...002223-sun.html

Guess if the guys wouldn't have sat back so much with a two goal lead, the game would have been even better eh? :rolleyes:

I've picked right back up on hating the Flames as much as I did back in '04.

And now Iginla changes his tune about the Wings not being a physical team.

"I don't think it's anything different -- I think they've been that physical all year," said Iginla.

Cracks me up really, especially now that the Flames got thrown to the ice alot of the game.

Edited by tazzer82

And another stupid quote from Warrener after the game last night:

"The second goal they scored, they got a bounce. It goes off Stewie and in the net," said Flames defenceman Rhett Warrener. "That always hurts and we just couldn't seem to generate much offence.

http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Hockey/2007/...002223-sun.html

Guess if the guys wouldn't have sat back so much with a two goal lead, the game would have been even better eh? :rolleyes:

I've picked right back up on hating the Flames as much as I did back in '04.

Pretty innocent quote you just posted. You get riled up way too easy, that was a compliment to the Wings.

Pretty innocent quote you just posted. You get riled up way too easy, that was a compliment to the Wings.

Maybe. But it seems like Calgary doesn't learn about saying stuff in the media, even after they got smacked in the mouth last night. Just seemed to me like he implied that the Wings sat back last night after getting the 2-0 lead, which obviously they did the exact opposite of.

Maybe. But it seems like Calgary doesn't learn about saying stuff in the media, even after they got smacked in the mouth last night. Just seemed to me like he implied that the Wings sat back last night after getting the 2-0 lead, which obviously they did the exact opposite of.

Nah, they aren't saying that at all. That article was just fine. Like, here:

^-- They aren't implying laziness: they're saying "Detroit's good enough to hold their lead and exploit some of our weaknesses." And the next sentence the guy wrote was "Gargantuan holes."

Take a look at the whole article again, it really doesn't speak anything ill about the guys.

I'm starting to get a good feeling about the Flames for game 2.

Weird thing is, the feeling I get before the game usually pans out to be true.

If the Flames can somehow snag a win from JLA, it'll be a be a best of 5 series and we'll have the home ice advantage. Starting to get pumped for the game and its still a day and a half away!

Holy crap. 100% markup?

100% markup? C'mon HS, figure out that math a little better. 83% markup. :D

Sidenote: It's not an 184% markup, its an 83% markup.

It's not pretty, but still a huge difference from what others are saying.

If the Flames can somehow snag a win from JLA, it'll be a be a best of 5 series and we'll have the home ice advantage. Starting to get pumped for the game and its still a day and a half away!

maybe your good feeling is just you not getting beat as bad :P

im hoping ;)

Hmmm..

Well I have a great feeling about the Wings for Game 2. Usually when the playoffs start I think the Wings will split in the first two games..this time around I don't. And mine usually come true as well! LOL I had a great feeling about Game 1 and well..and now I feel the same about two. If I had a bad feeling my tummy would hurt and I would feel uneasy. Haha

We shall see who'sfeelings are right!