• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Saran

Canucks win in 4OT

Rate this topic

lol you try playing 2 full games + 1 period in 1 night.

Hah! Agreed! - However, I thought it was an entertaining contest. Maybe the first few overtimes were a little lacking, but towards the 3rd and 4th there were several more odd-man rushes. This series has potential to be epic.

Crazy game way too long. Stupid canucks. Dallas should have had this game won, totally outshot and outplayed the canucks. Canucks steal one.

Could you imagine if the away team won this one, though? Man, it would suck to sit there for six hours and have your favorite team lose.

im sorta mad i missed the game, i just pray we dont have a 4 OT game with the flamers, i mean 1 OT wont be bad but 4 OTs would be brutal

I love overtime playoff games. When it's your own team you are on the edge of your seat and a nervous wreck, but watching other teams especially in your conference is a great thrill.

And i wouldn't say because Dallas lost that one that they are automatically dead. They will win game 2. What a great game it was I thought.

This morning on 1130WDFN they were talking about boring moments in the OT periods. Huh? How is there ever a boring moment in a SD playoff game? Makes no sense. You may have some spots where 'less action' is taking place, but I mean if you blink at the wrong time you could miss a potentially history making goal. They were talking about making it 4 on 4 in the 2nd OT. LOL. I thought it was a stupid comment anyway. I don't care if it takes 10 OT's, it's sudden death and the game should not be changed at all. I love it!

GO WINGS BABY...GO WINGS!

im not saying it wont be exciting to watch it, im saying for the wings sake and energy sake we dont have games like these. Gotta keep those legs fresh.

in this matter i hope all the rest of the stars and nucks series go to 3 or 4 OTs hell why not even a fifth OT.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Luongo stops 36 OT shots.

Awesome !

How about some mad props to Luongo. Turco played well but we're talking about a guy playing in his first every NHL playoff game. He goes into the 4th OT, makes a total of 72 saves .947 sv% and gets the W.

Some people were skeptical of Luongo during this past offseason because he's never played in a postseason game. Call me a blind homer but that's sounded to me like not believing Crosby would do anything in the NHL prior to his rookie season.

Luongo is a stud. He was always a stud in Florida and just needed a team that didn't stink to the high heavens and he'd show everybody he's probably one of the 3 best goalies in the world.

Nice memory for Luongo for his 1st NHL playoff win.

Where does this rank compared to alltime longest playoff games?

6th longest in history.

Date Winner Loser Score Time GWG

3/24/1936 Detroit Montreal Maroons 1-0 116:30 Mud Bruneteau

4/3/1933 Toronto Boston 1-0 104:46 Ken Doraty

5/4/2000 Philadelphia Pittsburgh 2-1 92:01 Keith Primeau

4/24/2003 Anaheim Dallas 4-3 80:48 Petr Sykora

4/24/1996 Pittsburgh Washington 3-2 79:15 Petr Nedved

4/11/2007 Vancouver Dallas 5-4 78:06 Henrik Sedin

Edited by Icer

Start 7:11 PM PT; End 12:32 AM PT
Wow, for the Dallas players, the end of the game would have felt like 2:32 AM!!! Can you imagine skating up and down the ice for over 5 hours at 2:30 in the morning!!!

That game was crazy. I had it on in bed, but fell asleep...woke up and they were in 4OT, and watched for a bit. It seemed fitting for a Sedin to get the goal, because by the end that line seemed like it had the most jump to it, so it wasn't flukey...

I hope this DOESN'T happen to us. It would really hurt both teams to go into that many OT's right away and weaken the strength of the team, imo. Plus, I can't stay up that late, but I'm sure I will!

How about some mad props to Luongo. Turco played well but we're talking about a guy playing in his first every NHL playoff game. He goes into the 4th OT, makes a total of 72 saves .947 sv% and gets the W.

Some people were skeptical of Luongo during this past offseason because he's never played in a postseason game. Call me a blind homer but that's sounded to me like not believing Crosby would do anything in the NHL prior to his rookie season.

Luongo is a stud. He was always a stud in Florida and just needed a team that didn't stink to the high heavens and he'd show everybody he's probably one of the 3 best goalies in the world.

Nice memory for Luongo for his 1st NHL playoff win.

:clap::thumbup::thumbup:

I finally gave in to sleep after 3 OT's. Exam today, just couldn't do it. Dallas shoulda had it. Was frustrating for Stars though, Dallas had more shots (far more at the point I was watching) yet Van was ensuring not a lot of quality 2nd shots etc.

Either way, both teams can do this all series if they like and wear-themselves out!

That game was crazy. I had it on in bed, but fell asleep...woke up and they were in 4OT, and watched for a bit. It seemed fitting for a Sedin to get the goal, because by the end that line seemed like it had the most jump to it, so it wasn't flukey...

I hope this DOESN'T happen to us. It would really hurt both teams to go into that many OT's right away and weaken the strength of the team, imo. Plus, I can't stay up that late , but I'm sure I will!

Wuss. :P Just kidding, OS... I worry about us getting into a tilt like that, too. Our goalies and Kipper could also hang in there until the cows come home, too. But we have guys coming off of injury and such -- playing two entire games in a row, basically, would not be a good thing. Both teams last night (this morning) looked like they were about to keel over by the end.

Sort of like I am this morning after 3 hours of sleep, and now I am at work. Need coffee... :zzz: