• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Saran

Canucks win in 4OT

Rate this topic

Man that was one hell of a game last night. I started falling asleep early in the 3 rd and had to get to bed.

What i did see was great. Both goalies played great in over time. I can't belive how many shots Dallas got off especialy in the second over time. I thought for sure they were going to take the game. I still can't belive those guys could even skate durring the third and fourth OT.

That game is great example of why playoff hockey is so great. It seemed to have everything.

6th longest in history.

Date Winner Loser Score Time GWG

3/24/1936 Detroit Montreal Maroons 1-0 116:30 Mud Bruneteau

4/3/1933 Toronto Boston 1-0 104:46 Ken Doraty

5/4/2000 Philadelphia Pittsburgh 2-1 92:01 Keith Primeau

4/24/2003 Anaheim Dallas 4-3 80:48 Petr Sykora

4/24/1996 Pittsburgh Washington 3-2 79:15 Petr Nedved

4/11/2007 Vancouver Dallas 5-4 78:06 Henrik Sedin

I remember watching this game. The game started early (6:00'ish Central Time) and ended the next day.

Great game, and one I'll never forget.

I feel sorry for Dallas, they kept their composure and tied the score after getting jobbed TWICE on the 3rd and 4th Van goals. Naslund scored a flukey one after jumping on the ice way too early--I thought Dave Tippet was gonna lose it--the commentators between periods agreed. Then Smolinski highsticked a puck off of the glass and then banged in the rebound. Dallas wouldn't have gotten away with that crap in a million years... They so outplayed the Canucks in the 3rd and most of OT. I hope we can similarly deal with what the refs will throw at the wings in Calgary (but win).

I feel sorry for Dallas, they kept their composure and tied the score after getting jobbed TWICE on the 3rd and 4th Van goals. Naslund scored a flukey one after jumping on the ice way too early--I thought Dave Tippet was gonna lose it--the commentators between periods agreed. Then Smolinski highsticked a puck off of the glass and then banged in the rebound. Dallas wouldn't have gotten away with that crap in a million years... They so outplayed the Canucks in the 3rd and most of OT. I hope we can similarly deal with what the refs will throw at the wings in Calgary (but win).

It sucks to be Turco... he had one goal kicked in by his own D (Sydor) and another was just a fluke (Smokes' goal). I felt bad for the Stars, but especially Turco. I thought he was going to shake the "can't win a game 1" curse -- but no.

Luongo was just outrageously good, but so was Marty, I though. Shame one of them had to lose.

The Sedin twins took control in the OT. You can not deny that fact. When ever they were out they were usually in control of the puck it is only fitting that they won. I was so torn with this game because I like Vancouver but the Wings didn't play so well against them so I'm skeptical about them facing each other. Oh yeah, its great to come home from work at 2:30AM and turn on the TV and see that there is hockey, I love CBC broadcasting! :D

The Sedin twins took control in the OT. You can not deny that fact.

I thought Dallas was all over them from the third period on--totally outshot them. Luongo stole this one ,end of story.

Edited by dicksmack

Our goalies and Kipper could also hang in there until the cows come home, too -- playing two entire games in a row, basically, would not be a good thing.

That would be true back-to-back games for the Dom, eh?

Naslund goal. Yeah he probably jumped on the ice too early but Linden was to the bench before naslund touched the puck. I'm sure it happens several times a game but rarely does it result in a chance to score. Most often you see it on the back check or changing on the PK. Happens all the time. I understand the frustration of Tippett because it did result in a goal. Though he perhaps should have been more frustrated with Turco for letting a softy in.

Smolinski never touched the puck until he put it by Turco. The puck was clearly deflected by Boucher.

The game was this: Vancouver had the edge for the first 30 minutes. The next 15 minutes were pretty even but the canucks grabbed a couple of goals. Once the canucks had the 2 goal lead they sat back as so many teams do (when will they learn??) and then yes Dallas dominated the last 15 minutes of regulation. The first OT was pretty even IMO, perhaps a slight edge to Dallas but very few chances for either side. The second OT was dominated by the Stars. The 3rd OT was pretty even but the canucks began to take the game to the Stars in the latter portions of it. The 4th OT was dominated by the canucks (well by the Sedins really). All in all it was a pretty even game. The canuck shots were down in regulation because they did try to sit back instead of just plugging away and really trying to bury the Stars. All in all it was a pretty even game which is expected from a 7 period game. Slight edge to Dallas overall but they certainly did not dominate all game or for the first 5 periods.

Edited by tantalum

Ahhh nothing like dicksmack and his anti-canuck irrational trolling. Shall I dig up your gems about Bertuzzi from 2002-2004? :lol::lol::lol:

There was nothing wrong with the Naslund goal and Smolinski didnt touch the puck; it bounced off the glass and banked in off of a Dallas forward.

Let me taste your tears of anger that Vancouver won. Your tears are so yummy.

I watched the whole game and I think Luongo is being overrated here. Sure he faced 76 shots (over 2 games) but did anyone actually see the shots that were taken by the Stars??? 99% of them in OT were HARMLESS. Dallas' weak offense is going to cost them this series. They spent a TON of time in Vancouvers zone and barely got anything out of it other than perimeter shots and a bunch of puck cycling. When Dallas did get a goal, at least two of them (definitely the GTG) were soft.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Ahhh nothing like dicksmack and his anti-canuck irrational trolling. Shall I dig up your gems about Bertuzzi from 2002-2004? :lol::lol::lol:

There was nothing wrong with the Naslund goal and Smolinski didnt touch the puck; it bounced off the glass and banked in off of a Dallas forward.

:blink:

Reasoned points of view are hardly irrational. Why did the CBC commentators say exactly what I did about the goals? Kelly Hrudy: "WOW, Dave Tippet totally has a case there, NasIund left way early" Harry Neal: "It looked like SmoIinski touched it with a highstick" I call out Canucks fans for being silly homers cause they never experienced anything but the bitter taste of defeat in the playoffs. Talk about savoury! hahaha! Talk smack when you've really won something, Jack...

As far as Bertuzzi, I was simply trying to make you clowns drop your absurd notions that Bertuzzi "fell on a stick" and the damage occurred due to "piling on of other players" and other vintage gems of logic emanating from Homertown (Van). Bertuzzi clocked him and then drove his head into the ice show me where I said different, canucklehead. GO WINGS!

I watched the whole game and I think Luongo is being overrated here. Sure he faced 76 shots (over 2 games) but did anyone actually see the shots that were taken by the Stars??? 99% of them in OT were HARMLESS. Dallas' weak offense is going to cost them this series. They spent a TON of time in Vancouvers zone and barely got anything out of it other than perimeter shots and a bunch of puck cycling. When Dallas did get a goal, at least two of them (definitely the GTG) were soft.

The Naslund goal can be argued until the cows come home.

The Smolinski goal cannot, it was a swing and a miss, deflected off Boucher, not Smolinski.

I think that it was a phenomenal game especially in the regulation time, lots of hits, fast paced. The overtime was a little slow but that generally happens when you have guys who have played for over 50 minutes. I also agree with an earlier poster about what he said about there never being a dull moment in sudden death OT.

Let me taste your tears of anger that Vancouver won. Your tears are so yummy.

Hey Markus. Nice goal last night. Perhaps a little early over the boards, but it sure likes fine now.

Upon 2nd glance that made be sound like a Vancouver sympathizer so I had to run and have a shower. Dallas in 7.

Edited by arnoldbuck

Anyone can say what they want to, but Vancouver is up in the series 1-0, and the next game is a whole other animal. Nuff said, and to whoever said Luongo is overrated, I would seriously consider seeing a doctor and getting your head checked.

Just... wow.

Luongo was nervous, you could tell. He could have had basically every goal he let in, but when we got to OT it was a whole different ball game. The Canucks took a little nap in the 2nd OT (maybe the 3rd, I've lost track) and Luongo just shut the door and kept saying no. The guy made 72 saves, that's ridiculous... he's a machine. He wanted that win so bad. Quite a memorable way to win his first playoff game. Goodness.