• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwinger4747

Why is Lilja the "pain train" ?

Rate this topic

I fully understand that I am probably a complete idiot for asking this but my curiosity is getting the better of me so: why do we call Lilja the pain train? Where did the nickname come from??

it's more sarcasm than anything else,

he's called that bascilly because he's gotten into a few fights recently instead of just sucking butt for most of the game.

I guessed that that was the reason, but where does the actual name come from? Who started the reference to a train?

He was always Lillypad to me but last night he earned a little respect in my book. I hope that he hears this nickname and runs with it. Start playing with a chip on his shoulder and put some guys through the boards.

He seemed fairly chippy last night, but you know.. the BEST part?? Didn't really notice him too much, which means he wasn't f*cking up at all! :P We'll look for the train to dish out some pain Sunday, as the Flames are going to be looking to start some s*** because of Mr. Cleary.

*Edit: Mysterious double post!

Edited by Covenant

why do we call Lilja the pain train? Where did the nickname come from??

For me its because its a damn PAIN to watch him play.

However if he would just fight each game he would A) entice me to like him more and B) get his arse off the ice for a guaranteed 5 mins ;) Maybe he could instigate a few and have to leave the game. :lol:

Actually, I thought he played pretty well last night. I was cracking up when they were playing, "PAIN" over the PA during the scuffle at the end of the game. And Lilja was standing at the top of the crease with a sort of, "WHO'S NEXT" pose. F-ing hilarious!