• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kp-Wings

You know, I feel bad for McCarty

Rate this topic

After hearing that this was the first playoff game he's ever missed in his career, I really do feel bad for him. He left me with so many memories, with the brawl, the Cup clinching goal against Philly, and a whole bunch of other things he's done here. Now I look at him, and he's a fossil. It took 4 regular players in Calgarys lineup to be scratched just so he could dress in their season finale against Colorado. It really feels weird considering what an important player he once was. And this goes on this list of all he's went through this year, with how he lost all his money, being divorced, and the injury that really cost him the season.

I would actually like to see him play at least one game in this series for the Flames. No, not because he is a fairly ineffective player now but to at least see how he could fair against us. He's always been one of my favorite players, even since he left. I'm sure he'd get a standing ovation from the crowd at The Joe if he does play a game there in this series.

It is sad because in Detroit he was so much more than just the hockey player. He had a lot of peoples hearts and great memories. And in Calgary, he is just a grinder whose day has past.

I still watch my DVD's and love him in the fights, big hits, and scoring a lot of big goals. But he isn't that player any more. Atleast not in my eyes. I dont think he has the skill left in him to be that guy again. Which is unfortunate because I know a lot of Wings fans say they would love to see him back, but he isn't who he was in the mid-90's and wont be for us ever again.

im still sad to see him gone myself, its a disgrace that he probaly wont retire in a wings jersey

For sure it is sad. I think the Wings are one of the classier organizations around the league at re-signing players. There are some of the role-players that Detroit probably could have shifted over the years for a better price, but remained loyal to the guys in Red.

There are a handful of guys I would have loved to see in Detroit to the end of their career, obviously Shanny and Feds for me. I just look at the team we have now, and I am finally happy. It took has taken a long time for us to fill the spots they once filled.

edit spelling

you know i wont be totally shocked if feds came back "home" and retired, how many years did shanny sign with the rangers

Edited by Must Kill

so theres a chance shanny might come back i was really kinda shocked he didnt resign with the wings

doubtful, he pretty much made it clear to wings managment he wanted no part of resigning with us. Plus we have other players who do his job for cheaper

guys..we are a better team no w/o these guys, please don't talk of bringing tem back - things are working perfectly now

now - i will always miss them playing for us, and will root for them (when no opposing wings) but whats done is done and this is the new era of red wings hockey

good luck as always 25, 14, 91

guys..we are a better team now w/o these guys, please don't talk of bringing tem back - things are working perfectly now

now - i will always miss them playing for us, and will root for them (when not opposing wings) but what's done is done and this is the new era of red wings hockey

I agree.

You guys 'kinda" feel sorry for Mac? Geez! Have you no heart! I totally feel sorry for Mac! I saw a photo and he looked a hundred years old. I think that all of the crap and being traded really took a toll....

guys..we are a better team no w/o these guys, please don't talk of bringing tem back - things are working perfectly now

now - i will always miss them playing for us, and will root for them (when no opposing wings) but whats done is done and this is the new era of red wings hockey

AMEN!

After hearing that this was the first playoff game he's ever missed in his career, I really do feel bad for him. He left me with so many memories, with the brawl, the Cup clinching goal against Philly, and a whole bunch of other things he's done here. Now I look at him, and he's a fossil. It took 4 regular players in Calgarys lineup to be scratched just so he could dress in their season finale against Colorado. It really feels weird considering what an important player he once was. And this goes on this list of all he's went through this year, with how he lost all his money, being divorced, and the injury that really cost him the season.

I would actually like to see him play at least one game in this series for the Flames. No, not because he is a fairly ineffective player now but to at least see how he could fair against us. He's always been one of my favorite players, even since he left. I'm sure he'd get a standing ovation from the crowd at The Joe if he does play a game there in this series.

He's only played one game since Boxing Day due to his hernia surgery, and that was one of our last games of the year. It's really no surprise he's watching from the pressbox. Sure, you have emotional attachments to him, but let's be realistic here, the game has passed him by and the surgery has only hurt his chances further. Don't fear though, I expect to see him in the line-up on Sunday to 'shake' things up.

so theres a chance shanny might come back i was really kinda shocked he didnt resign with the wings

There were two main reasons he left Detroit:

1. He wanted to be closer to his family, which never moved to Detroit while he was with the Wings.

2. He could see that the team was moving in a more youthful direction, and he knew he couldn't be a part of that

Exactly.

Those guys will always be Red Wings in my book, and a small part of me would love to see them come home, but nostalgia doesn't win Cups.

Exactly.

Those guys will always be Red Wings in my book, and a small part of me would love to see them come home, but nostalgia doesn't win Cups.

Spot on!

No one misses DMac more than I do, but that doesn't mean I feel he should be brought back. There's nostalgia, and then there's knowing whats best for the *team*. Bringing back guys like DMac or Feds isn't the right idea.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

You guys 'kinda" feel sorry for Mac? Geez! Have you no heart! I totally feel sorry for Mac! I saw a photo and he looked a hundred years old. I think that all of the crap and being traded really took a toll....

Agree, dude's been through so much, and even though it's been largely self-inflicted, until you walk a mile in his shoes, etc...he was a great Red Wing and regardless of where his life goes from here, I will always hope for the best and remember him fondly. You do have to wonder if he'd still be playing if it weren't for his financial problems. I don't think Grinder's going multi-platinum anytime soon.

i've always had a hunch The wings would try and give Mac something office wise when his playing days were over.

Good for him. Because we all know he doesn't have much of a future in the music industry.