• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank

My Man Pavel Datsyuk

Rate this topic

If anyone here knows me it's that I've always been a HUGE supporter of Pavel Datsyuk. I've stuck with him through thick and thin and I knew all those playoff games without a goal wasn't from his lack of heart or trying.

I was very glad to see that my loyalty to him was proven correct last night.

All of you Datsyuk doubters should be able to learn something from me.

Good day.

If anyone here knows me it's that I've always been a HUGE supporter of Pavel Datsyuk. I've stuck with him through thick and thin and I knew all those playoff games without a goal wasn't from his lack of heart or trying.

I was very glad to see that my loyalty to him was proven correct last night.

All of you Datsyuk doubters should be able to learn something from me.

Good day.

Nice pic of him from last night's game too, all happy and such. :D

Happy Pavel!

You and I are on the same page. I knew that he could do it and i was very happy that we tied up long term before the playoffs. I think that he is going to keep it up throughout the playoffs.

I was also impressed with how he played more physical and he even seemed to be a little quicker.

You and I are on the same page. I knew that he could do it and i was very happy that we tied up long term before the playoffs. I think that he is going to keep it up throughout the playoffs.

I was also impressed with how he played more physical and he even seemed to be a little quicker.

Hahaha. Well this is post is very much "tongue-in-cheek".

I think I bashed Pavel more than anyone in Wings nation regarding Pavels postseason play.

I'm glad to be eating lots, and lots of crow today.

I think I bashed Pavel more than anyone in Wings nation regarding Pavels postseason play.

In that case i'm glad that you have seen the light, the red light when Dats scores!!!

Yeah, I was going to say something about how you're not exactly Mr Positive around these parts. :P

But I'll give you credit, for eating crow.

Nice pic of him from last night's game too, all happy and such. :D

Happy Pavel!

Great picture man! Th thing that is wonderful about watching Datsyuk play is that he looks much younger then his years (not that he is old). So when he is happy and playing well it looks like a kid is out there just having fun living his dream.

Anyway good for Pavel, good for our Wings and keep going strong cause we want to see the parade this year!

Congratulations to Dats, I had a feeling this would be his year to break out in the playoffs.

I'm even happier that he did it in the first game. That move on Kipper musta made Mikka mad, Dats didn't even have to shoot the puck!

Great job by all the Wings!

this is only game one people...I've been a Datsyuk supporter since his rookie season when I spent $300 on an authentic jersey (I guess that give me credibility...lol) of him. I've never really had a complaint about him, but I just hope I don't hear people bad mouthing him if he doesn't get a goal on Sunday. Being game one...this gives people a lot of time to flip flop.

this is only game one people...I've been a Datsyuk supporter since his rookie season when I spent $300 on an authentic jersey (I guess that give me credibility...lol) of him. I've never really had a complaint about him, but I just hope I don't hear people bad mouthing him if he doesn't get a goal on Sunday. Being game one...this gives people a lot of time to flip flop.

For me, if he doesn't score another playoff goal this year but continues to play like he did last night, I'll still be happy with his play. He showed a lot of guts by going into areas he normally doesn't and he took and gave a few hits as well.

Looks like that talk with Stevie really helped.

For me, if he doesn't score another playoff goal this year but continues to play like he did last night, I'll still be happy with his play. He showed a lot of guts by going into areas he normally doesn't and he took and gave a few hits as well.

man this is probably one of the first times ive agreed with you hahaha :clap:

I feel relieved as well... all those times sticking up for Datsyuk, saying he was injured last year, and the years before that he wasn't relied upon as being the go to guy.

It's like some of the weight has been lifted off my shoulders too.

Game 2 is going to be very critical in this series, and i'm sure Calgary will have a MUCH better effort this time around.

I'm glad that he is proving everyone wrong and hope he keeps bringing it all the way to the cup!!!!! GO DATS GO

"he took and gave a few hits as well."

With having season tickets this has been really noticeable throughout the year. I don't think people can really appreciate that by watching it on TV

Keep going , Dats! Do not slow down. You can fight for Conn Smythe. :clap:

Oh would that it would come to pass...I cannot think of a more fitting reward.

My faith in Pasha has never wavered - ever. When everyone else thought he was going to go play somewhere else, I kept believing that he would stay. Y'all told me I was insane. And look what happened.

Watching him Thursday night was pure joy. You just knew in your heart that the monkey was going to come off his back. And when it did, I honestly think the two happiest people on the planet were Pasha and me. If you heard a loud scream of joy about the time he scored, that was me.

Spasiba, Pasha...thank you for giving me a reason to smile. Considering what has happened the last couple weeks, God only knows joy was in short supply. You took care of the absence of happiness.

To those who were able to remain 100% confident in Dats all the way ... good on ya. I really like Dats, and there have been a few times when I have gone to bat for the guy, but there have also been times when I was frustrated to hell with him.

I was very worried about this summer and UFA that we were going to lose him for nothing, and then the other week the big contract kinda made me uneasy. I just wasn't sure that he was going to be able to bring it. And while it has only been one game, he was excellent and I give him props for that. I think him and Hank are going to be a deadly force this playoffs.

So a pat on the back to Pav and one to all those who had his back, even in the toughest times.

Guest LivingtheDream

Not that I believe in this stuff, but it was cool that #13 came out so strong on Friday the 13th.

This entire year Pavel has been growing up into a top notch player and leader in the Yzerman style - by example. In the past while he dazzled us all he was still young and very very shy about taking over anything. Remember, this guy was picked 150something. He was never expected to rise to these heights nor did he probably ever expect it. I think he has handled it all super well and now we are seeing him accept the idea that he is one of the top players in this league.

Do whatever it takes. He's untouchable.

Might piss a lot of people off to pay him a lot, but I'm betting he averages a point per game these playoffs.

Put it in stone.

Last year, the guy had to ******* drain his knee every game. & yea, he didn't put up points, but it's not like he was putting it in our net either.

He has more heart than a lot of you think. Just playoffs come at a bad time for him.

It'll be different this year. Mark my words. A player with that kind of skill on a line with Hank doesn't not score.

He'll be here come the playoffs. Give him what he wants.

I'm glad we signed him for seven years.

I'll be passing on the crow today, thanks.

He hasnt broken out yet.. but it definately looks like its his time.. I also noticed that he's getting mad out there and is ready push guys back and not shy away from the rough stuff.. looks like he really wants it... I know alot of people criticized his contract, but if he keeps playing the way he is, he's worth every penny.

There is a hunger there...you can see it in his eyes. The desire and the need to finally put all the derogatory comments to rest is evident. This is a guy who wants to prove he's more than everyone has given him credit for up til now.

Dmitriy, if you talk to Pasha (and I know you will), please tell him good luck for me...