• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Great Win but its only 1

Rate this topic

Now you've got the spirit!

Yeah, fight with fellow fans because they the Flames are still not a team to be taken lightly or not respected.

Just because I have an opinion that the Flames are a tough, physical team and just because we owned them last night doesn't make me think any less of them that makes me completely wrong and naive according to you.

Its no wonder I think of you as all those things i've already said and probably should delete.

For the record

30 yrs old

5-10 3/4"

185 (playing weight in college was 202)

right defense for roughly 21 years or so. right wing for about a year

11 year old, takes one to know one. nanny, nanny boo, boo you can't hurt me. ******

Well for the record, I'm 32, 6-1, 190 lbs

I'm not trying to fight with a fellow Wings fan. You were the one who got way personal.

And if you'd like to beat the tar out of me, here's my address:

24 Sussex Drive

Ottawa, Ontario

Canada

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I don't understand, how exactly could you have played hockey for over 20 years? You sound like an 11 year old.

okay, i've had a gatorade and a hoho and i feel better now. I'm ready to bury the hatchet rick. You think i'm naive, don't know hockey and apparently i shouldn't be concerned too much about the Flames. fine.

rah, rah

I'm not trying to fight with a fellow Wings fan. You were the one who got way personal.

24 Sussex Drive

Ottawa, Ontario

Canada

Live in Cincinnati. that's probably too far for a day trip for me.

Just curious though, since you brought up the personal part about playing hockey.

How many fights you had during your playing career?

I can't say for sure, probably fifties to seventies or something for me. My most recent league suspended me for a year because of fighting. I'm not proud of it just pointing out that I know a thing or two about what i'm talking about.

im also a 1st dan in Tae Kwon Do and have studied Tang Soo Do and Kempo.

tell you what though, i'll look you up next time i'm in Ottawa since you're making the invitation; ;)

okay, i've had a gatorade and a hoho and i feel better now. I'm ready to bury the hatchet rick. You think i'm naive, don't know hockey and apparently i shouldn't be concerned too much about the Flames. fine.

rah, rah

I never said that you shouldn't be concerned about the Flames. I'm still worried about winning the series.

I did say that you were naive, and you responded by calling me a "jerkoff" "dips***" and "tough guy".

I say fair trade.

Hatchet buried.

Go Wings.

tell you what though, i'll look you up next time i'm in Ottawa since you're making the invitation; ;)

Good.

My real name is Stephen Harper, and I definitely could use a good beating.

edit: for spelling

Edited by rick zombo

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I never said that you shouldn't be concerned about the Flames. I'm still worried about winning the series.

I did say that you were naive, and you responded by calling me a "jerkoff" "dips***" and "tough guy".

I say fair trade.

Hatchet buried.

Go Wings.

Good.

My real name is Steven Harper, and I definitely could use a good beating.

Mine's Domenick, shortened from Domenicelli. Don't worry though, when I come I won't bring a real hatchett with me. :D

Its gonna be another great game Sunday. Hopefully Bertuzzi will be back, gives us some more physical presence that we will really need. Like some of you are saying the Flames are gonna come out physical on Sunday.

I'm not sure what you guys really expect from Bertuzzi... he's been pretty invisible for the last 3 years. Not to mention, just comming back from a concussion, he's not going to be much of a physical presence IMO.

Yes, this was only one win but let's be honest: this was the Wings first great playoff game since 2002. They took control of the game last night and limited Jarome "The Playoff Monster" Iginla to no shots on goal. The Wings had more shots in the second period than the Flames had all game. They had more hits (37) in a single game than they've had all year. I think I speak for everyone here when I say it feels damn good to see that kind of game frmo the Wings. It's a huge weight lifted off of not only the team's shoulders but the fans' shoulders as well.

The Wings came out flying and didn't let up. Their forecheck was awesome and the teams that fell apart and died in past playoffs were nowhere to be found. Everyone was physical, guys were blocking shots, and the defense played great. Hasek was sharp. How great was it to see Zetterberg hit Iginla? Then Captain Visor tries to pick a fight with him and goes to the box. It was a great feeling and I hope they can keep it going. It was only one game though.

I'm not sure what you guys really expect from Bertuzzi... he's been pretty invisible for the last 3 years. Not to mention, just comming back from a concussion, he's not going to be much of a physical presence IMO.

In the games he played this year he crashed the net and didn't shy away from contact. That's all the Wings need from him.

Iginlas lucky Lilja wasent on the ice when he tried to run Zetterberg :D

It may only be one game , but I'll take the positives of how we out played them in every category.

Adding Bertuzzi is huge if you ask me , If Regehr doesnt play Sunday and Bertuzzi does , gives us another positive.

No one on here thinks the Flames suck, most that said it just did because some Flames fans came on here and starting stir up the pot.

Anyways, everyone is right in that it's just one game, but I think everyone is just SO excited because they haven't seen the Wings play THIS dominating in the playoffs in about 4-5 years. I really think that was the most convincing win from the WIngs in the playoffs in a long, long time. The fact that they held their own, took it to the Flames, and were the one initiating the contact just says something. They won't be pushed around anymore, and they definitely aren't going to be taking crap from anyone. They are sticking up for each other, dishing out big hits, and playing all around smart hockey. They drove to the net, got into the corners, cycled the puck well, great forecheck etc. That is what they need to continually do to go deep into the playoffs. I think that's pretty much why we are all so happy and excited about the Wings. I don't think it means we are taking the Flames lightly, we just like what we saw. Yeah it is just one game, but it's also one hell of a start.

We all know, including the Wings, that the Flames are going to be a different team on Sunday. They are going to come out hard and throw everything they can at the Wings. Here's hoping the Wings play just as good or even BETTER than they did in Game 1.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

24 Sussex Drive

Ottawa, Ontario

Canada

:thumbup: funny funny funny.