• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Matty Schneider

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

This is my rah, rah post to counter my poo-poo post earlier :D

Wanted to give a special shout out to Schnides. I thought he played a heck of a game. Made some good keeps at the blueline. Played well defensively. Started the game on the right note by rubbing the hell out of that Flames player along the boards. Scored a goal. His shot was wicked on the PP. And he played his usual tenacious, stick heavy, surly game in his own zone for which he doesn't get enough credit for ever.

Great game by Schneider.

And except for the giveaway in front of the net I thought Lilja played pretty darn well too. Good for him getting his nose dirty and not backing down from any of the flames.

Wanted to give a special shout out to Schnides. I thought he played a heck of a game. Made some good keeps at the blueline. Played well defensively. Started the game on the right note by rubbing the hell out of that Flames player along the boards. Scored a goal. His shot was wicked on the PP. And he played his usual tenacious, stick heavy, surly game in his own zone for which he doesn't get enough credit for ever.

Great game by Schneider.

And except for the giveaway in front of the net I thought Lilja played pretty darn well too. Good for him getting his nose dirty and not backing down from any of the flames.

I've always loved matty. great shot, can be very physical, and an awesome team leader.

weird how our defensive seems to have improved a lot since Kronwall got injured...

i really rate Kronwall, but Lilja is looking really solid at the moment.

Schneider is awesome though, and he seems to play so much better when he's got a bit more freedom to pinch.

Great game by Schneider.

FYI: Matthew Lombardi :sly:

weird how our defensive seems to have improved a lot since Kronwall got injured...

i really rate Kronwall, but Lilja is looking really solid at the moment.

Schneider is awesome though, and he seems to play so much better when he's got a bit more freedom to pinch.

shhh! don't jinx it. :P

I agree. Lilja just needs to make the simple conservative plays out there and he'll do well.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Schneids has probably been reading the boards, seeing people talk about how useless he is, and that we don't want him back next year.

The Pain Train too. :P

shhh! don't jinx it. :P

I agree. Lilja just needs to make the simple conservative plays out there and he'll do well.

Agreed, and as long as he stays playing in the 12-14 minute range, he seems to be quite effective. That seems to be the optimal range to get a solid performance from him. Anything over that, and he starts to falter a bit.

Like him or not, Lilja has been extremely solid in his role recently.

Schneider playing defense? I vividly remember a few PATHETIC plays he made in our zone that my grandma could have done better. I'm pretty sure one of the times he finally got it to Lang and Lang proceeded to turn it over in the neutral zone... haha :siren:

Schneider playing defense? I vividly remember a few PATHETIC plays he made in our zone that my grandma could have done better. I'm pretty sure one of the times he finally got it to Lang and Lang proceeded to turn it over in the neutral zone... haha :siren:

Well, 40% of our GWs last nite came from these 2 (tho another 30% came from Dats alone)....

were you watching the same game? youre correct on that lang turnover though

Schneider is one player that I will gladly eat some crow on...

Throughout his career, consistency has been severely lacking...until he came here.

I thought we gave up too much for him, but he has proven me wrong.

Schneids has probably been reading the boards, seeing people talk about how useless he is, and that we don't want him back next year.

The Pain Train too. :P

If you want to throw down fisticuffs, fine. I've got Anderas Johnson and Matty O'Leary ready for ya.