• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
flamesfan

A Flames fan perspective

Rate this topic

What can I say, everyone in Calgary was super dissappointed with that effort from the Flames. Credit should definately be given to Detroit for playing a great game. Thank god for Kiprusoff as the score could have easily been 6 or 7-1 had it not been for him.

Morale is a little low for most Flames fans, however, our team has in the past answered the pleas to work harder and play effective "Flames" hockey. I expect to see a much better Calgary team come out on Sunday.

I've read alot of trash talk about the Flames on here, and let me be the first to say, that Calgary didn't play nearly as physical as they should have. Expect to see our Flames come out skating and working much harder. That being said, I don't expect the Red Wings to roll over either, I expect them to try and match Calgary.

Also, local radio is reporting the McCarty will be playing (still speculation) in Game 2. Last year, he was excellent during the playoffs, and since this could possibly be his last season in the NHL, I expect him to come out and be effective for the Flames.

Most Important I hope Calgary will drag this series on as I have already bought my Game 5 tickets, and booked my flights and hotel to Detroit ;)

GO FLAMES GO!!!!

What can I say, everyone in Calgary was super dissappointed with that effort from the Flames. Credit should definately be given to Detroit for playing a great game. Thank god for Kiprusoff as the score could have easily been 6 or 7-1 had it not been for him.

Morale is a little low for most Flames fans, however, our team has in the past answered the pleas to work harder and play effective "Flames" hockey. I expect to see a much better Calgary team come out on Sunday.

I've read alot of trash talk about the Flames on here, and let me be the first to say, that Calgary didn't play nearly as physical as they should have. Expect to see our Flames come out skating and working much harder. That being said, I don't expect the Red Wings to roll over either, I expect them to try and match Calgary.

Also, local radio is reporting the McCarty will be playing (still speculation) in Game 2. Last year, he was excellent during the playoffs, and since this could possibly be his last season in the NHL, I expect him to come out and be effective for the Flames.

Most Important I hope Calgary will drag this series on as I have already bought my Game 5 tickets, and booked my flights and hotel to Detroit ;)

GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Wings will be stronger when Bert is in the line up , anyways good luck and hope you get to come to Detroit and enjoy are hospitality remember stop by the hockey town cafe

GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Welcome to the boards, I for one am not taking Calgary lightly AT ALL! I am very happy that we domintaed game one, but after watching playoff hockey in general for so many years, I have learned that ANYTHING can happen, ( and usually does! ).

Edited by Winged Scooter

I know that the Flames didn't bring their "A" game lastnight.

One of the problems with Detroit being in the Western conference is the 3 hour time difference.

I think that Sunday's game will tell more of how the series will unfold. There are a few key injuries in this series, and I hope to see Bert play soon. I think he will have an impact on offense, and in the corners.

I fully expect Calgary to be much better and faster in Game 2, but I don't expect the outcome to be much different. I do however, think Calgary will be at the top of their game for games 3 and 4. If detroit wants to try to get this series over fast, they'll need to show no mercy in game 2, then hopefully get one out of games 3 or 4 so it can be ended in 5. That is what I predicted to start with and hopefully this will come to pass.

I thinK calgary brought their D game in Game 1. They looked terrible. I'm know they can skate much harder and hit alot more than they did last night.

Edited by Firehawk

Wings will be stronger when Bert is in the line up , anyways good luck and hope you get to come to Detroit and enjoy are hospitality remember stop by the hockey town cafe

This is meant with no ill-will, but I hope you don't get the opportunity to come here for a game 5. The longer the Flames hang around, the stronger they'll get, IMO.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

The flames sure missed regehr last night. It was obvious from the start of the game that the wings game plan was to try and expose warrener from the start of the game. The puck was almost always brought in on the left side when he was on the ice. After gaining the zone, he has a serious inability to close the gap with the attacking forward. PLEASE PLEASE let regehr be ready to go on sunday! As odd as it may sound as well, I missed friesen as well. He brings speed, and solid defensive game, which the flames were clearly lacking all night. Hopefully a different team shows up sunday.

The flames sure missed regehr last night. It was obvious from the start of the game that the wings game plan was to try and expose warrener from the start of the game. The puck was almost always brought in on the left side when he was on the ice. After gaining the zone, he has a serious inability to close the gap with the attacking forward. PLEASE PLEASE let regehr be ready to go on sunday! As odd as it may sound as well, I missed friesen as well. He brings speed, and solid defensive game, which the flames were clearly lacking all night. Hopefully a different team shows up sunday.

Believe me, nobody around here shed too many tears about Regehr being gone ;) he kind of puts a face on Calgary's physicality.

I think Game 2 will be a whole new series again. With Regehr maybe back and Bertuzzi probably back, it'll put a brand new face on things.

I expect to see a much better Calgary team come out on Sunday.

Hey I'm not trash talking the flames for one big reason (aside from the players on your team that I wish we had): I know Calgary can play an effective game against us- I watched the match ups between our teams this year. I also know that the Flames don't just roll over after being embarrassed, in fact I've got a feeling that embarrassment will fuel your team even more.

That being said- this was the best possible outcome for us last night. We had to show the flames we could put lots of pucks behind Kipper and that Dom wasn't going to be an easy target. Most impotently, we had to show the Flames that physical play and back-checking are in the Detroit play book. Finally, we had to gain the confidence of our avian fans. Luckily the bird world sent a goodwill ambassador to the Joe last night. And a little bird told me this morning that everyone from mag-pies to Big Bird are rooting for the Wings.

Although I do think the Flames will come out stronger next game, to be honest if Detroit continues to play the way they did I don't think there is a team in the league that can beat them.

As said above, last night was the best possible thing for the Wings in all aspects of the game.

dont you mean working much harder to injure datsyuk and hank? Because thats what they try to do EVERY game. Its nice of you to be civil and all. Itd be better if your team played hockey a little more and played "crosscheck in the back" a little less. I cant wait until dion takes a run at one of them and gets re-united with bertuzzi's shoulder.

Edited by timsummers

i do recall iggy got sent to the box for first making a run at dats, then trying to make a run at Z...i dont think its coincidence he pickes those 2 players

Most Important I hope Calgary will drag this series on as I have already bought my Game 5 tickets, and booked my flights and hotel to Detroit

Which Hotel? Cause I work at the hotel that is the closest to the Joe.

Welcome to LGW.com.

Detroit shouldn't let up at all, because I was in awe of Kipper's saves. The guy is seriously a gamer, and will continue to have success if he keeps this up.

The Flames are a tough team, and Tanguay and Iginla have burned us enough times for us to realize that one game certainly does not make a series... especially this one.

I know that the Flames didn't bring their "A" game lastnight.

One of the problems with Detroit being in the Western conference is the 3 hour time difference.

I think that Sunday's game will tell more of how the series will unfold. There are a few key injuries in this series, and I hope to see Bert play soon. I think he will have an impact on offense, and in the corners.

I forgot to mention that the afternoon games and the back-to-back games (5 & 6) are definitely a greater disadvantage for the older Wings. Calgary also is scary at home. This series has barely begun.

Iginla has always been a player the tries and rough up your players stars.

Really? I actually don't think that. I thought him going after Hank and Dats was kinda shocking, and uncharacteristic of him. It actually pissed me off a lot, because outside the Wings, I absolutely LOVE Iginla. I hope he realizes it ain't cool to take a run at star players and hurt them..that's just low.

Really? I actually don't think that. I thought him going after Hank and Dats was kinda shocking, and uncharacteristic of him. It actually pissed me off a lot, because outside the Wings, I absolutely LOVE Iginla. I hope he realizes it ain't cool to take a run at star players and hurt them..that's just low.

He did it last year agaisnt Aniheim. He ran Selanne and Mcdonald like crazy if memeory serves.

He hit people after whitsles. Iggy in the playoffs is a whole different guy.

ive seen him run players quite a bit as well. Hes a goon.