• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
flamesfan

A Flames fan perspective

Rate this topic

I have a problem when people complain about homerism from a Flames fan when we are definately guilty about it on the exact same issues. Personally, I think that Cleary should have received a penalty for hitting Kiprusoff according to the rule book, yes he didn't have anywhere else to go but the fact is that he still hit the goaltender and he was not directed into Kiprusoff by another player

I have a problem when people complain about homerism from a Flames fan when we are definately guilty about it on the exact same issues. Personally, I think that Cleary should have received a penalty for hitting Kiprusoff according to the rule book, yes he didn't have anywhere else to go but the fact is that he still hit the goaltender and he was not directed into Kiprusoff by another player

Cleary was penalized:

Detroit interference with goaltender - 2 min 18:36, D. Cleary served by J. Hudler

Detroit misconduct - 10 min 18:36, D. Cleary

Detroit roughing - 2 min 18:36, D. Cleary

And he should have been. We all know the hit was not intentional, but you're right, by the rule book, it should be called, and called it was.

It looks like I touched a nerve with the Cleary thing.

I went back and looked at the replay's and I'll agree that Kipper might have sold it a little, and that Cleary may not have intentionally hit Kipper, but I don't think Cleary totally avoided Kipper either. I dont' think that either side is innocent here.

As for Iggy and Phaneuf roughing Datsyuk and Zetterberg, I agree, I might have been a little over the top.

I'm confident however that everyone is going to see a different Calgary Flames club on Sunday.

I went back and looked at the replay's and I'll agree that Kipper might have sold it a little, and that Cleary may not have intentionally hit Kipper, but I don't think Cleary totally avoided Kipper either. I dont' think that either side is innocent here.

same with me. I'd not usually call Cleary guilty of things like that, but I see a good logic behind a run like that. it should be more blatant to have desired effect (to piss Flames that way to make them run like crazy next game and take penalties leading straightfowrward to another loss) but it's still imaginable to me, that Dirty Dan :D might have wanted it :)

It looks like I touched a nerve with the Cleary thing.

As for Iggy and Phaneuf roughing Datsyuk and Zetterberg, I agree, I might have been a little over the top.

I'm confident however that everyone is going to see a different Calgary Flames club on Sunday.

I think you're right in that Cleary made no effort to avoid Kipper....the whole play he was looking to his right for the puck and I think he was totally surprised to see a goalie in his path since he was well out of the crease. Didn't even see Kipper until it was far too late. That said, I don't have a single complaint with the Flames about the reaction afterwards. There's no such thing as overreacting when your goalie gets knocked over. I'd fully expect the Flames to go after Cleary and I'd fully expect the Wings to go defend him. I don't think anyone on the ice is gonna stop and think "well maybe he didn't see him, I'll let it slide this time."

I do think it's funny though to joke about Stuart only wanting a piece of Cleary once the ref was in between :lol: