• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Legionnaire11

Ken Holland on Jim Rome in 30 mins

Rate this topic

radio. 10:30 detroit time.

you can get it online if you pay for the podcast or if you find a site that streams it. I don't know of any particular as I listen live on radio, but I know they exist, just find a site of one of the affiliates and you're bound to find one that does live streaming.

I think you can stream it Here but i'm not sure.

Edited by Legionnaire11

if there's no interuptions for me, i'll give a recap here after it's over.

...rome is saying bottom of the hour now. so it might be 10:50.

yeah a recap would be nice, thanks

Michigan Affiliates...

ANN ARBOR WTKA-AM 1050

BATTLE CREEK WRCC-AM 1400

DETROIT WDFN-AM 1130

FLINT WTRX-AM 1330

GRAND RAPIDS WBBL-AM 1340

GRAND RAPIDS WQSN-AM 1660

LANSING WVFN-AM 730

SOUTH BEND/DOWAGIAC WDOW-AM 1440

Ken Holland on the Jim Rome Show:

(paraphrasing)

-On post season failures and how nice last night was: “It’s always nice to get off to a nice start, but last night was really importantâ€Â; “Winning at home is important, but they will have to win on the road at some pointâ€Â

-On physical play: “The Wings tried to get grittier and bigger, last year was the first time for a lot of guys and the Edmonton series will help them this yearâ€Â

-On losing the leadership core: “I hoped that Yzerman would have played one more year, we got off to a rocky start but the people who needed to step up, stepped upâ€Â

-On goaltending and picking up Hasek: “We explored a lot of different options and Dom has been everything we hoped for, he came into camp 10 lbs lighter and has done more stretching before and after practiceâ€Â

-On Datsyuk’s postseason play: “We’re happy for Pavel to get off to a good start last night, last year he hadn’t played or practice before the playoffs and before that he was always behind Yzerman and Fedorovâ€Â

-On Chelios’ accomplishments: “Chelios is an incredible athlete, great passion and work ethic with a tremendous love for the game, wouldn’t be surprised if he played until age 50 if his minutes are limitedâ€Â

-On postseason failures (again): “In the last three series the opposition goalie was amazing, the wings have to be grittier and try to score more “playoff goalsâ€Â, Babcock has tried to get his guys to go to the net more, hopefully it pays off this yearâ€Â

So what did he have to say?

talks about how important roles our younger players have been. How Hasek has played great this year and looks healthy, also talks about how dats has confidence with the goal last night. Also, the way Chelios has played well despite being 45. Says he should be back next year and said he could play till at least 50. Talks about how the last 3 losing playoffs runs the goalies have stood on there head. Says getting the nasty kind of goals will win the games. Goals like that will win games he says. Thats it. I was hoping he'd give us a update on Bert :(

ok Legionnaire you owned me haha

Edited by Red Wings 516

I am sure it is was a slip up but when Rome was asking about Dats... Holland said (totally paraphrasing here ;) ) that it was good to see him get a goal especially after his contract he signed a week before training camp.

That struck me odd. Did he mean before Playoffs? or did they offer this to Dats in September and then didn't finalize it until last week?

No big deal, the wording was just odd to me.

Ken Holland on the Jim Rome Show:

(paraphrasing)

-On post season failures and how nice last night was: “It’s always nice to get off to a nice start, but last night was really importantâ€Â; “Winning at home is important, but they will have to win on the road at some pointâ€Â

-On physical play: “The Wings tried to get grittier and bigger, last year was the first time for a lot of guys and the Edmonton series will help them this yearâ€Â

-On losing the leadership core: “I hoped that Yzerman would have played one more year, we got off to a rocky start but the people who needed to step up, stepped upâ€Â

-On goaltending and picking up Hasek: “We explored a lot of different options and Dom has been everything we hoped for, he came into camp 10 lbs lighter and has done more stretching before and after practiceâ€Â

-On Datsyuk’s postseason play: “We’re happy for Pavel to get off to a good start last night, last year he hadn’t played or practice before the playoffs and before that he was always behind Yzerman and Fedorovâ€Â

-On Chelios’ accomplishments: “Chelios is an incredible athlete, great passion and work ethic with a tremendous love for the game, wouldn’t be surprised if he played until age 50 if his minutes are limitedâ€Â

-On postseason failures (again): “In the last three series the opposition goalie was amazing, the wings have to be grittier and try to score more “playoff goalsâ€Â, Babcock has tried to get his guys to go to the net more, hopefully it pays off this yearâ€Â

this is why i stick up for you alot on your posts that other people talk bad about. how many other fans of different teams would listen to that and report on somthing thathas to do with the other team. awesome. keep it up Legionnaire