• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Grade the Wings and Flames

Rate this topic

Grade the Wings and Flames on their performance last night. Try not to be a homer :unsure: and be fair. Here are the categories.

Offense

Defense

PowerPlay

Penalty Kill

Passing

Goaltending

Checking

OVERALL

Here are mine

RED WINGS

Offense- A : Took it to the Flames, set up well, lots of puck movement

Defense- A- : Did a good job, got a little lazy in the 3rd and cost Dom a shut-out

PowerPlay- B+ : One goal is good, 2 would have been great. That 2 min 5on3 should have been easy.

Penalty Kill- A- : Did a good job avoiding penalties in a physical game. Gave up a PP goal.

Passing- A : Smooth, accurate. What I expect from them.

Goaltending- B+ : Didn't give up a lot of chances, but Dom thrives with more action, so B+ cause I didn't get to see the A Dom play.

Checking- A+ : Surprised me more than anything. GREAT JOB!!! MORE PLEASE!!! :thumbup:

OVERALL - A-

FLAMES

Offense- C- : No Iginla, no win.

Defense- C+ : Did a bad job containing the top line from getting scoring chances, but only allowed them one goal. A little harder defending 3 solid lines, eh?

PowerPlay- B : You got a goal, but you are supposedly better than us.

Penalty Kill- B+ - Good job, only one against and a great 5on3 kill.

Passing- B : Not many chances, but no costly giveaways.

Goaltending- A : Kipper kept it respectable.

Checking- B- : You are bigger than us, did anyone tell you that?

OVERALL- C : Not gonna last 5 games like this. :sly:

With regards to Detroit's power play: Schneider's goal was scored scant seconds after the power play had expired, but for all intents and purposes it was a man-advantage goal.

The Wings were just going through the motions and skating out the game by the time the Flames starting gooning it up. It was apparent on the 5-on-3 they weren't really going for it.

Grade the Wings and Flames on their performance last night. Try not to be a homer :unsure: and be fair. Here are the categories.

Offense

Defense

PowerPlay

Penalty Kill

Passing

Goaltending

Checking

OVERALL

Here are mine

RED WINGS

Defense- A- : Did a good job, got a little lazy in the 3rd and cost Dom a shut-out

PowerPlay- B+ : One goal is good, 2 would have been great. That 2 min 5on3 should have been easy.

Penalty Kill- A- : Did a good job avoiding penalties in a physical game. Gave up a PP goal.

Goaltending- B+ : Didn't give up a lot of chances, but Dom thrives with more action, so B+ cause I didn't get to see the A Dom play.

Checking- A+ : Surprised me more than anything. GREAT JOB!!! MORE PLEASE!!! :thumbup:

OVERALL - A-

FLAMES

Defense- C+ : Did a bad job containing the top line from getting scoring chances, but only allowed them one goal. A little harder defending 3 solid lines, eh?

I like this thread but I think we should grade after the series is complete.

Our PP was not a B+ last night.

IMO it was a B- at best. The thing is, even though they only had one PP goal, it was essentially two because Schneids scored right as the PP expired, and before Primeau could get back in the play.

Even though the game was in hand during the 5-on-3 midway through the third, you gotta score with 2 minutes. Plenty of time to really crush the Flames spirit, and they should've converted. However, the Wings were much more concerned with not making mistakes during that PP than they were with getting another goal.

B- IMO.

Red Wings:

Offense- B+ they were strong and came out strong, but got shut down toward the end of the game somewhat

Defense- B+ overall solid, couple turnovers, but good play

PowerPlay- B seems like the PP got moving a couple times, shoulda scored on that 5 on 3 though

Penalty Kill - A solid PK, didnt really feel threatned by the flames PP

Passing - A solid passes, not as many turnovers as we usually see

Goaltending - A- Hasek had a solid night, not too many faced shots but he did well on the ones he saved

Checking A+ Most fantastic physical checking by the red wings in a long time

OVERALL - A- Good performance, hope they can replay this in game 2, but most importantly on the road :clap:

Flames:

Offense- C Iginla and the offense didnt really show up, never felt threatned

Defense- C- these guys left it to kipper to keep them in the game, detroit were skating circles aruond them, until about the 3rd period

PowerPlay- C+ couple chances but not really anythign meaningful

Penalty Kill- B did pretty good, killed the 5 on 3 which was the biggest thing

Passing- N/A i know they gave some turnovers but didnt really watch their passing :hehe:

Goaltending- A kipper kept them in that game, and gave them any chances of coming back

Checking- B- They can be stronger in checkign and we know that

OVERALL- C poor performance by the flames they know they can do better, and sadly so do we <_<

Agreed... it's early to be grading, but everyone's excited. :)

A+++ to the entire team and coaching staff for playing all 60 minutes and for scoring more than 2 goals and for showing heart and emotion. They did not disappoint (me, anyway...). It was a good performance, and it's going to get better, I think.

Removing red (wing) tinted homer glasses, now. :cool:

:hehe:

lets not fight here guys, it's the playoffs. we're like family on here :cool:

no i understand and i respect everyone on here, but whats the thought process when coming into a thread like this?

"hmmm grading the wings and flames in game 1, i dont think we should be grading them yet, let me go in anyway, and post something that someone has already posted even"

Maybe to express my opinion that I think it's too early to be grading people yet?

:blink:

Is that not relevant to the topic of this thread?

Kinda, grading the teams' play for GAME 1 is the point. Not for the entire series, not predicting a winner, not showing off a win, grading 2 teams' performance from one game. Grade the game or leave.

In relation to the cup, with one win out of the 16 needed they have earned a 6% or F

In relationship to the series win, with one out of 4 they have earned a 25% or F

In relationship to the games played, they are 100% or A+

Keep it going boys!

Maybe to express my opinion that I think it's too early to be grading people yet?

so its really that important that you post the same opinion that red wings 516 had already posted, somethign we already knew people were thinking? If people come into this thread i think theyre looking for grades and peoples opinions on the game, not peoples opinions on whether or not its too early to grade

Kinda, grading the teams' play for GAME 1 is the point. Not for the entire series, not predicting a winner, not showing off a win, grading 2 teams' performance from one game. Grade the game or leave.

Wow.

What the hell is everyone getting so upset about? Did the mods commission you guys thread police?

and didn't other people make the same point, that it was a little early to be giving grades yet?

Fine. To make you guys happy.

Red Wings:

Offense- Incomplete

Defense-Incomplete

PowerPlay-Incomplete

Penalty Kill -Incomplete

Passing - Incomplete

Goaltending -Incomplete

Checking - Incomplete

OVERALL - Incomplete

Flames:

Offense- Incomplete

Defense- Incomplete

PowerPlay- Incomplete

Penalty Kill- Incomplete

Passing- Incomplete

Goaltending- Incomplete

Checking- Incomplete

OVERALL- Incomplete

Wow.

What the hell is everyone getting so upset about? Did the mods commission you guys thread police?

and didn't other people make the same point, that it was a little early to be giving grades yet?

Fine. To make you guys happy.

Red Wings:

Offense- Incomplete

Defense-Incomplete

PowerPlay-Incomplete

Penalty Kill -Incomplete

Passing - Incomplete

Goaltending -Incomplete

Checking - Incomplete

OVERALL - Incomplete

Flames:

Offense- Incomplete

Defense- Incomplete

PowerPlay- Incomplete

Penalty Kill- Incomplete

Passing- Incomplete

Goaltending- Incomplete

Checking- Incomplete

OVERALL- Incomplete

funny...i dont think youre innocent of playing thread police either

so its really that important that you post the same opinion that red wings 516 had already posted, somethign we already knew people were thinking? If people come into this thread i think theyre looking for grades and peoples opinions on the game, not peoples opinions on whether or not its too early to grade

Is it really important that you post about how you didn't like my post?

Have you never posted that you agree with someone and reiterated their point?

My opinion on the game is that it's too early to give a grade. I think that's a valid point relevant to this thread.

Sorry if that somehow offends you.

I didn't say it was a stupid thread or insult the person who created it. Jeez...

funny...i dont think youre innocent of playing thread police either

It seems your problem is more with me as a member here than anything I said in this particular thread. PM me if you want to talk about it further.

I don't want to derail this thread any more than it already has been.

Everyone can rest easy now. Big bad Harold is leaving the thread as requested.

:rolleyes:

It seems your problem is more with me as a member here than anything I said in this particular thread. PM me if you want to talk about it further.

I don't want to derail this thread any more than it already has been.

Everyone can rest easy now. Big bad Harold is leaving the thread as requested.

:rolleyes:

hahaha i barely have a problem with you as a poster, in fact i usually enjoy reading your posts, but big bad harold needs to either grade the game or just sidestep this thread...

hahahaha...im sorry harold :beerbuddy:

Offense

Defense

PowerPlay

Penalty Kill

Passing

Goaltending

Checking

OVERALL

Here are mine

RED WINGS

OVERALL - A-

FLAMES

Ok homer. How do we rate an A- on the penalty kill when we gave up a PP goal and Calgary only rates a B+ for allowing 1 goal and killing of a full 2 minutes of 5 on 3. I think you need to flip those around.

Ok homer. How do we rate an A- on the penalty kill when we gave up a PP goal and Calgary only rates a B+ for allowing 1 goal and killing of a full 2 minutes of 5 on 3. I think you need to flip those around.

I factor in the team's ability to draw/avoid penalties. The Wings get a higher grade on PK cause they had less penalties and the Flames bet a B+ cause they had more and were careless. If they would have went 15/15 on the PK they would have got an A-, cause they shouldn't get that many but killed them off. If the Wings went 1/40, they would get a C-, cause they drew so many but didn't score enough. Get my theory?

Red Wings:

Offense- Incomplete

Defense-Incomplete

PowerPlay-Incomplete

Penalty Kill -Incomplete

Passing - Incomplete

Goaltending -Incomplete

Checking - Incomplete

OVERALL - Incomplete

Flames:

Offense- Incomplete

Defense- Incomplete

PowerPlay- Incomplete

Penalty Kill- Incomplete

Passing- Incomplete

Goaltending- Incomplete

Checking- Incomplete

OVERALL- Incomplete

:scared: OH MY GOD!!! THE GAME IS STILL GOING ON!!! I THOUGHT IT ENDED LAST NIGHT WITH THE WINGS WINNNING 4-1!!!

WHAT CHANNEL!!! WHAT'S THE SCORE!!!

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

no i understand and i respect everyone on here, but whats the thought process when coming into a thread like this?

"hmmm grading the wings and flames in game 1, i dont think we should be grading them yet, let me go in anyway, and post something that someone has already posted even"

:clap:

TEACH ME!

Detroit - A+ they got the W

Calgary - F- (can you even have a F minus?) they got the L

i think the only grading that really matters is 1-0 which is score in the series. At this time of the year, it doesn't matter how pretty you do it, as long as it gets done.