• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Bertuzzi Cleared to Play in Game 2

Rate this topic

I might be the only nutjob who thinks Calgary won't be out for any retribution, but rather to get their game in gear. I know, I know.. some physicality will motivate the troops.. we all saw after the Schneider hit the Wings had some jump.. but really, these aren't the same bruising Flames as last time we met.

Wings had an "optional" practice today and Bert was flying all over like a hungry monster :angry: And YES he will play Sunday! Source? - phone call ;)

Yeahhh poor Calgary.

That is awesome. I hoep he stays helathy and gets a chance to silence some critics for once...

Looks like calgary has another Wing to try to rough up :P

It's amazing where Wings fans have gotten to on the topic of Bertuzzi. The amount of disrespect and disdain this board showed for him back in 2004 and pretty much right up to when the Wings acquired him this year. There's a word for that, let's see, what was it

Oh ya - hypocrits :sly:

Paul:

It's good that he was cleared to play and this isn't going to turn into a DiPietro-like concussion scenario. Hopefully it's Samuelsson that's scratched but it's probably going to be Hudler.

Yup, feeling fine, and medically cleared [for what it's worth].

As for Sammy, I know there a few in here who dig him on the PP at the point, but I wasn't THAT impressed with him last night. To see Huds out for Game #2 would hurt a little, but at least Sammy was banging and hitting with the rest of the guys.

All I know is i'd love to see our 4th line a little more. FILPPPPPPPPPUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::thumbup:

It's amazing where Wings fans have gotten to on the topic of Bertuzzi. The amount of disrespect and disdain this board showed for him back in 2004 and pretty much right up to when the Wings acquired him this year. There's a word for that, let's see, what was it

are you still mad about last night? :)

Y'know, they have products to help with the problem you seem to have. You'll find them here and here.

Seriously though, you'd be hard pressed to find anybody back then who DIDN'T have a problem with the play. But guess what? It's in the past, so get over it (we did). Why don't you get back to sulking over the Flames' embarrassing loss, hm? :crybaby:

Good old Don always says you never change a winning playoff lineup.

btw Hudler didn't have the game Sam had. I am sure they are going to shuffle both in and out of the lineup. What a nice problem to have.

Maybe we should get real creative in the line up, I mean something like

Bert-datsyuk-Hank

Holmstrom-lang-calder

Samuelson-Drapes-Maltby

Franzen-Filpula-Cleary

What do you think??

right on! :thumbup:

May I wonder what the hell is a Calgary fan doing in a Red WIngs site???

It happens. That's how sports is. You HATE to play against certain players because they are such a great, tough, pain in the ass type of player but you'd love to have him on your team.

The whole incident of 2004 is long gone. Believe me I was one of the worst ones as in showing my hatred for what he did..but I've gotten past it and I genuinely think he feels awful for it, but that's the past and this is now.

Could you try not to be that much of a dick?

Sure many of us hated on Bertuzzi after the Steve Moore incident. But he's still a good player who provides something we haven't had on this team for quite some time, and he's in a position to really help this team. Why wouldn't we root for him?

Lang is getting absolutely ripped on Stoney and Wojo when they asked who should sit when Bertuzzi comes back. Out of every call each caller thought Lang should sit and basically said the same thing....he doesnt skate and he turns the puck over. Wojo was shocked at how big of a beef fans had with Bob. Curiously there was no mention of Samuelsson by any caller. I guess the Sammy hate is confined to the LGW board.

Edited by RedRum #1

The Bertuzzi incident , In my opinon , Who cares anymore ?

I feel terrible Moores Americain leaguer career is over.

I also feel terrible for Bertuzzi because people ALWAYS BRING IT UP.

When it comes down to it , Bertuzzis is a player , Moore is an injury call up , he was a cheap shotter and a loud mouth.

Im not saying what Bert did was right , he was trying to stick up for his Best Friend and his Captain. Besides , it was the pile up that insued that caused the broken neck , Bert's paided his dues , get OFF HIS BACK

Lang is getting absolutely ripped on Stoney and Wojo when they asked who should sit when Bertuzzi comes back. Out of every call each caller thought Lang should sit and basically said the same thing....he doesnt skate and he turns the puck over. Wojo was shocked at how big of a beef fans had with Bob. Curiously there was no mention of Samuelsson by any caller. I guess the Sammy hate is confined to the LGW board.

Everyone has a beef with Bob, but he's got job security. Hank and Pavel need to be together, so that ties up our two legit scoring centers on one line. Someone else has to get the second. Flipper's the only other guy around, and I doubt Mike's gonna trust a rookie, no matter how impressive, to anchor the second line in the playoffs.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

LOL. I'm listening to Stoney & Wojo as well. Everyone's all 'Yeah, I agree..Lang should sit." "Lang should be out." "Lang needs to go." "Lang's a floater out there." "Lang is lackluster." "Lang needs to sit, Huds needs to play." and so on...

So Iggy, about you getting your balls in a clamp over Hank's "TREMENDOUSLY HARD" hit on you...

Or guy's-name-I-didn't-get-'cos-you-suck who put your knees into Cleary's back at the end...

Or anyone else I didn't mention who's askin' for retribution....

Bert has your name.

He has your number.

He has the names of your children.

He is coming.

So Iggy, about you getting your balls in a clamp over Hank's "TREMENDOUSLY HARD" hit on you...

Or guy's-name-I-didn't-get-'cos-you-suck who put your knees into Cleary's back at the end...

Bert has your name.

He has your number.

He is coming.

Flip , Your a riot :lol:

Bert has your name.

He has your number.

He is coming.

It all comes back to you, you're gonna get what you deserve,

Try and test that, you're bound to get served

A little Sublime for Jarome on this lovely spring day.

Glad to hear Big Bert is cleared and I hope he plays sunday. Bert will take no crap from the Flames and help protect our euro stars.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Calder - Lang - Holmstrom

Cleary - Draper - Maltby

Franzen - Filpulla - Hudler

Bert on the top line to defend our 2 stars... :sly:

and well Sammy sits cuz Sammy sucks... :cool:

Yup. And we did the same thing with Chelios. Just like anybody would if they got a great player who they hated before. Go over to a Rags board and see how many fans there are of Sean Avery. Happens to every team.

*Starts singing*

I HEAR THAT TRAIN A-COMIN! A-COMIN ROUND THE BEND!!! WHEN IT'S GONNA GET HERE, I KNOW WHEN!!!

WE'RE GOIN OFF THE RAILS ON THE CRAZY PAIN TRAIN!!!! AND BERT'S THE ENGINEER! AND LIL'S THE FIREMAN!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!1