• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
i_like_cheese_2001

Kopecky cleared to play?

Rate this topic

He should go down to GR for a series and maybe come back up in the second round IF he's got his game. He can't be sharp after being out this long, people. time to be realistic.

That is assuming GR makes the playoffs, which is coming down to today.

I'd love to see Kopy playing again this season, but IMO, let him sit for the rest of it. Has he been skating this whole time? Just waiting for the clearance?

From what I remember with Bertuzzi trying to get some practice time with GR, before he played with the Wings, nobody can be sent down to plsy with GR, past the trading deadline. Ken Daniels said this was in the CBA.

Guest Crymson

You must understand that pretty much everyone here hates Maltby. I am probably one of the few people who still support him, yet everyone else thinks he sucks. He goes out and does what he has to do. So what if he doesn't score goals or fight people? That's not his job.

Kopecky, during the regular season, neither fought people nor scored goals either.

I don't hate Maltby, I think...next to Chelios he makes me laugh more then any other Wing at the things he does in scrums in such, Samuelsson is right up there on that list too!

I remember one time, Samuelsson had the puck and was coming into the offensive zone, the play happened to be offsides so he just started gilding in tword the goalie, he stoped short, right infront of the goalie covering him with ice, the goalie took a slash at his leg and Samuelsson took his stick in two hands and swung it tword the goalie (as to make him flinch) and the goalie flinched and fell right on his ass! I laughed for about ten mins :lol:

That was Maltby, during the 2002 playoffs against the Blues. The goalie was Brent Johnson, and Brent got a penalty for retaliation.

Kopecky, during the regular season, neither fought people nor scored goals either.

I know. This makes me wonder if he'll be anymore of an impact than Maltby. Kopecky was somewhat physical, but he really didn't do anything that stood out when I watched. He is about the same in most aspects as Maltby, except he dosen't kill penalties.

Still an upgrade over Lang though.