• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Nashville's Playoff Behaviour

Rate this topic

and as for Tootoo... everyone would be loving him off for his play if he was a Wing.

Not true. Bertuzzi is a Wing, and is still hated by people here. Tootoo would probably be in the same boat if he ever played for the Wings.

Edited by Kp-Wings

my roomate, being a rangers fan hasnt really seem them play at all but when he saw them play tonight, he was just like they play dirty hockey. He was astonished

Shouldn't it be "They play Charlestown Chiefs Hockey"

Hmm Hartnell, Tootoo and Hordichuk with thick black glasses could be the Hanson Brothers

I think I speak for most all Wings fans when I say we'd absolutely LOVE to play the Preds. They match up well against one another.

Nothing would be sweeter than beating them again in the post season.

Anyways, they are such a dirty team it's sickening. They are going to get whats coming to them sooner or later.

Don't even get me started o Hartnell. I've never hated someone in my life like I do him. I don't even want to say what I really think of him because it wouldn't be pretty at all. Same goes for that punk Tootoo.

Easy there buddy, try getting past 1st round first...

I think Nashville plays stupid, undisciplined hockey. They are trying to hit anyone they can, and take them out at the same time. Dirty hockey. The karma will come back to them as Ron Wilson will have his boys going after Tootoo, Hartnell, and Radulov and probably even a star forward like Forsberg or Kariya. These hits need to be reviewed by the NHL and at least a game suspension should be thrown at them for intent ot injure, but as Jumbo Joe said if the NHL office wants them to play this way then they will play just as dirty as Nashville is. Sharks will come out Game 3 hitting, roughing, and beating the crap out of them almost any shift, any player. I have lost all respect I ever had for Nashville, I hope they lose and move cities because that city and the organization of the team do not deserve a NHL team.

Guest Crymson

Evidently Clowe beat the hell out of TooToo tonight, despite TooToo's usual preemptive attack (this time from behind). I'd like to see it.

You are right. Some of the bitching and moaning about Nashville gets pretty old around here. The knee was questionable, the Radulov hit was unintentional, and as for Tootoo... everyone would be loving him off for his play if he was a Wing.

Well, let's see.

1) Hartnelll: questionable, but it's certainly possible that it was intentional.

2) Radulov: probably unintentional, okay; but that's not all he's done so far.

3) TooToo: I can tell you that you're wrong, because I wouldn't be cheering him on.

Edited by Crymson

Wilson will unleash his people to go after Queen Paul and Floppa, and frankly, he has players to do the same dirty job as Predators do. ooops, pardon, I meant unintentional, accidental hits :)

I was usually one to defend Nashville but I'm f* tired of those endless unintentional hits, unintentional injuries, unintentional runs headfirst into the boards, unintentional knee hits, etc. and this neckless guy behind the bench who justifies just about every s*** his players do. heck, he'd paint Hartnell saint even if he raped some chick right in the middle of the rink with a tune like: "this is part of hockey". nope, Barry, that isn't. running reckless, turning around with your chuckles at head level, tripping, sending opposing players into the boards is not the way you play hockey. once in a while it happens but not every single f* game.

I'm tired of this crap which they call a team. I want Sharks to destroy them and do it really painfully. heck, I want some big nasty Stevens-like hit on Floppa to send him and this bunch of goons out of the playoffs. optionally, that could be Queen Paul or Tootoo.

and a note to all defenders: yeah, I see need for toighness in hockey. I just can't justify those "unintended" accidents every single game. and am fed off with the number of players they injured this season. that's enough

Edited by akustyk

Guest Tunbo Batman

maybe the league could unintentionnally distribute a few suspensions here and there? i mean you know, accidentally. since its part of hockey.

I havent watched a whole lot of the series to date. Just bits as I flip during intermission. It seems frustrating but I think I would still like to see Nashville win the series. Simply based on how San Jose man-handled us this year. Dont get me wrong, I think we can beat anyone, but I like our odds a little better with Nashville. Not to mention, I am enjoying finally having a legit divisional rival. It would be cool to square-off in the playoffs. (again)

And as for loving Tootoo on our team. No I wouldn't. I dont care for te guy at all. There are several aggitators from around the league that I hate, but would love on my team. But there are also some I hate and wouldn't want anywhere near a Red Wing jersey, and Tootoo falls into that category.

That concession reeks from top to bottom. Their stars are *******, they have dirty players as enforcers, the fans blow really really hard, their financial state is a catastrophe, all they do is brag and beg.

The only way they ever hope to win anything is by injuring other people. And I'm also very angry that the Sharks didnt come back at them harder tonight.

You don't have any room to talk with how difficult the economy is up north unfortuantely. Nashville, as a city, has got it going on pretty well. With that being said, I've loved the couple of times I've been to Michigan and l'll leave it at that, let's keep the talk on hockey and not city comparison.

Back to the topic at hand with Nashville in the playoffs. I haven't seen either of their first two games yet. Hartnell, to me, has always played with an aggressive edge, but for the most part under control, in the limited action that I saw Nashville play in the past.

Tootoo I have just lost a good amount of respect. It's one thing to play aggressive and be a wrecking ball, but it's another thing to just fly off your skates or sucker punch people from behind (a la Dallas/Robidas incident). The guy crosses that fine line too much for my liking. It's hard for me to defend his play.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

You are right. Some of the bitching and moaning about Nashville gets pretty old around here. The knee was questionable, the Radulov hit was unintentional, and as for Tootoo... everyone would be loving him off for his play if he was a Wing.

As a Red Wings fan, I am outraged that a fellow Red Wings fan would even imply that I would want Jordin Tootoo in our line-up. What the f*** is the matter with you?

Evidently Clowe beat the hell out of TooToo tonight, despite TooToo's usual preemptive attack (this time from behind). I'd like to see it.

Well, let's see.

Tootoo held his own pretty well, actually, but definitely lost the fight with a player twice his size.

The Forsberg dive was just laughable, and anyone here old enough to remember the Colorado rivalry has seen plenty of this before. The Nashville announcers are a joke.

Let's see how Nashville plays at the Shark Tank.

from the TSN website, quote of the day:

''We came here to play hockey tonight. We knew it was an important game, and they turn it into a street brawl.''

Predators head coach Barry Trotz on the rough going in Game 2 of their series with the Sharks.

comment: yes, Barry, these Sharks are goons, and your Predators are team Jesus Christ / Dalai Lama, and guys like Tootoo and Hartnell are all Lady Byng candidates.

get f* real, *******! and stop acting shameless. you got what you deserve and stop whining like Craig from Edmonton

Radulov skated up and elbowed Steve Bernier into the boards at 4:44 of the second period, snapping Bernier's head back before the Sharks forward fell face-first onto the ice.

That's some pretty creative reporting there. I didn't watch the game, but I just saw a clip of the play in question. There was no elbow, and it didn't look at all dirty. Radulov did come in from behind, but it wasn't in a vicous way.

The hit reminded me of the Nieminen hit on Lebda. I guess if you thought that hit was dirty, then you probably think this one is too. Personally, I think both hits are similar to plays that happen a dozen times in every hockey game.

For once I'm going to agree with Trotz, Radulov was trying to dislodge the puck; there was nothing dirty intended.

Edit: The "creative reporting" came from cbssportsline, not Drake. Just thought I should point that out.

Edited by Airborn

Well, let's see.

1) Hartnelll: questionable, but it's certainly possible that it was intentional.

2) Radulov: probably unintentional, okay; but that's not all he's done so far.

3) TooToo: I can tell you that you're wrong, because I wouldn't be cheering him on.

Unsure what you're implying about Radulov. He's played a completely clean game until that hit. That hit was unfortunate and I hope that Bernier is OK.

Hartnell was jumped by Grier and Clowe at the end of the game. Both were throwing at Hartnell and Tootoo jumped in throwing. In this instance, and this instance only, I have no objections to Tootoo coming in swinging.

David

oh man... it just gets more and more ridiculous around here every day. Apparantly everyone here missed the fact that Cheechoo was supposed to be so injured that he wouldn't play anymore in the playoffs... and then he doesn't even miss a game.

And Radulov has never had anything close to a dirty play. Who actually saw the hit? he barely hit him, bernier's head hit the boards though and that's where the damage was done. Bernier did skate off with some help though (same way the supposedly crippled cheechoo did).

As for "the sharks are going to get their revenge, come after kariya, blabla" anyone saying that kind of stuff didn't watch last night. They were cheapshotting kariya up and down the ice. One guy grabbed weber's jersey on the back of his neck and pulled him down like that (well after the play was over, similar to a horsecollar tackle in football). And then when it was obvious they weren't going to win with 1:00 left, the goon squad came out to start s***.

The diving call on Forsberg last night and Nichol on wednesday, i'm guess no one here saw what BS those calls were. And the calls against Tootoo now are getting way out of hand, since he came back from suspension he can't even look at a guy wrong without getting a penalty.

Now, i'll agree if someone wants to argue that Hartnell, Nichol, Tootoo and Forsberg's reputation get them into more trouble than they deserve. But just because a guy gets his name on the scoresheet for a penalty doesn't always reflect what actually happened on the ice.

oh man... it just gets more and more ridiculous around here every day. Apparantly everyone here missed the fact that Cheechoo was supposed to be so injured that he wouldn't play anymore in the playoffs... and then he doesn't even miss a game.

And Radulov has never had anything close to a dirty play. Who actually saw the hit? he barely hit him, bernier's head hit the boards though and that's where the damage was done. Bernier did skate off with some help though (same way the supposedly crippled cheechoo did).

As for "the sharks are going to get their revenge, come after kariya, blabla" anyone saying that kind of stuff didn't watch last night. They were cheapshotting kariya up and down the ice. One guy grabbed weber's jersey on the back of his neck and pulled him down like that (well after the play was over, similar to a horsecollar tackle in football). And then when it was obvious they weren't going to win with 1:00 left, the goon squad came out to start s***.

The diving call on Forsberg last night and Nichol on wednesday, i'm guess no one here saw what BS those calls were. And the calls against Tootoo now are getting way out of hand, since he came back from suspension he can't even look at a guy wrong without getting a penalty.

Now, i'll agree if someone wants to argue that Hartnell, Nichol, Tootoo and Forsberg's reputation get them into more trouble than they deserve. But just because a guy gets his name on the scoresheet for a penalty doesn't always reflect what actually happened on the ice.

So Cheechoo being able to play erases your player's s***ty cheapshot attempt at taking him out of the series? Nice logic there.

I saw the game clearly and all the replays, Radulov ran a guy into the boards from behind, period. Cheap hit is all it is, and any of you kooks thinking you know who "intended" to do what are just fooling yourselves. It's not like this is the first damn hockey game these boys have played. They know when they should and should not drive someone into the f***in' boards. Everytime something like this happens all we hear about from the Nashville lawyers is "intent". No one will ever know the real intent of Radulov's, or Hartnell's or TooToo's cheap actions. All we have to go by is what actually happens on the ice, and building up steam to crunch a player who has been turned away from you the whole time into the boards is definitely a cheap f***in' hit any way you slice it.

The only thing getting more ridiculous every day is your reputation as a knowlegeable poster on these boards.

esteef

Duh. And how might they acquire such reputations in the first place? :blink:

Apparantly everyone here missed the fact that Cheechoo was supposed to be so injured that he wouldn't play anymore in the playoffs... and then he doesn't even miss a game.

I am with you on this one Legionnaire, I though Hartnell's hit was pretty intentional (especially when I saw a super slow motion version, but I was also surprised to see Chechoo out there after all of the "He's done, his career might be over talk" especially to hear of him out there without any sort of brace. All of us who have had major joint issues know that if he can play a playoff game without a brace, then the Sharks' rhetoric was way over the top.

And Radulov has never had anything close to a dirty play.

I don't know about the play in question, but the one thing I can say after watching the first two games is this: I want Radulov on the Wings. I would trade Kronner for Rads.

I don't get to play as much hockey as I'd like, but I will say that when I saw Forsberg go down, my first thought was "Boy, he went down pretty easy for a guy who can be stronger on his skates than almost anyone in the league." I thought it was a good call, or would have been a good non-call. I don't think the SJ player should have been called for anything.

Edited by Turretin

...And Radulov has never had anything close to a dirty play. Who actually saw the hit? he barely hit him, bernier's head hit the boards though and that's where the damage was done. Bernier did skate off with some help though (same way the supposedly crippled cheechoo did)...

did YOU see the hit? I'm not sure how much of a hockey fan you are but if you watched the finals last year between Edmonton and Carolina and you probably saw Doug Weight get his shoulder seperated when he got sandwiched in between two Oilers, the hit Radulov put on last night looked almost identicial to it other then the fact that it was on the opposite side of the ice.

Edit=spelling

Edited by Elshupacabra

how come certain people like Turretin are able to respond to a post and argue a point without being crazy about it? Disagrees with my assessment of Forsberg's diving call, but doesn't have to go over the top criticizing me, the preds or other preds fans. I can take that all day long.

I am with you on this one Legionnaire, I though Hartnell's hit was pretty intentional (especially when I saw a super slow motion version, but I was also surprised to see Chechoo out there after all of the "He's done, his career might be over talk" especially to hear of him out there without any sort of brace. All of us who have had major joint issues know that if he can play a playoff game without a brace, then the Sharks' rhetoric was way over the top.

What "rhetoric" are we talking about here? Yours?

"Sharks coach Ron Wilson told TSN that Cheechoo wanted to return to Game 1. Wilson said he's confident Cheechoo will play again in the series." What San Jose actually said

Duh. And how might they acquire such reputations in the first place? :blink:

thats what i'm saying, it's a shame that they have reputations. It's not something I want for them, but it's the truth. However, people shouldn't let past actions cloud their judgement on every single incident after that.