• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redeyedwings

Why don't we just let Bert sit?

Rate this topic

Everybody wants to know who's going to sit tomorrow so Bertuzzi can come back. Why can't Babcock just say to Hudler, Fillpula, Clearly, etc., 'listen, we won 4-1 with you guys, and as long as we keep getting that kind of effort and result, I'm not going to sit you for Bertuzzi.'

I like Bertuzzi, and obviously you can't sit him for long if he's fully healthy, but wouldn't this be a great way to get another great game from Hudler and the other young guys?

And can you really argue with the result of game one? I don't want to sit Hudler. Or Cleary. I probably wouldn't mind sitting Lang, but that's not really an option. And since Bert has concussion-like symptoms, wouldn't it be kind of good to get him an extra couple of days rest? You'd hate to see him rush back still a little woozy a la Eric Lindros ...

And if things turn bad, we'd have one hell of an ace in the hole to pull out in Calgary, and he'd be fired up to earn his ice time and place in the lineup back.

So ... I say keep the lineup as it is until we lose, or just squeek out a game we deserved to lose. Why screw around with guys who were absolutely dominating in game one?

DIscuss.

WHAT?!! Thats nonsense! Sit Samuelsson, end of story.

I could see if this was a situation involving a goaltender, like whats going on in Anaheim, where the backup is winning. But to sit a regular roster player who's ready to go makes zero sense...sorry.

You can't go into a playoff game with one of your best players not playing if he is capable of playing.

If they lose game 2, they still lose home ice advantage...why not put the best possible team on the ice rather than risk losing that advantage without our best line-up?

Not to mention the fact that Calgary will definately be stepping up the physical play in game 2. Bert is the best person on our roster to respond to that.

Guest Agalloch

This is a terrible topic. Yes, the Wings played very well in game one. Well, with Bertuzzi in the lineup, they'd, gasp, play even better! He's protect the stars, score goals, etc. I find it laughable that you'd rather have Sammy in the lineup. Also, the fact that you want to sit Lang tells me you know nothing, since he's been the best playoff performer the past couple years.

Think things through before you say something dumb.

This is a terrible topic. Yes, the Wings played very well in game one. Well, with Bertuzzi in the lineup, they'd, gasp, play even better! He's protect the stars, score goals, etc. I find it laughable that you'd rather have Sammy in the lineup. Also, the fact that you want to sit Lang tells me you know nothing, since he's been the best playoff performer the past couple years.

Think things through before you say something dumb.

It was a simple question...no reason to get insulting now...

:thumbdown:

Unfortunetly there are seniority issues at hand, Flip and Rex are they young guys on the team and that makes them low man on the totem pole. thats why won't see Bertuzzi as a healthy scratch anytime soon, also, If you ask me Bertuzzi was made for this type of series, the hard hitting physical type, and its only going to get more physical from here on out Filp and Rex are very talented forwards no doubt but the fact is they wont respond well to a very hard hitting game...not as well as Bertuzzi anyways, Not only that but we traded for Bertuzzi so we could use him in the Playoffs to give us that extra edge we needed to go all the way it wouldnt make much sense to just sit him out just to use what worked in game one.

I see where you're going, but you can't do it. Bertuzzi can be a difference maker... he has amazing skill to go with his grit and size. You have to put him in because it just adds another piece that Calgary has to plan to stop. Nobody is thinking about how to stop Sammy... he has to sit.

WHAT?!! Thats nonsense! Sit Samuelsson, end of story.

I could see if this was a situation involving a goaltender, like whats going on in Anaheim, where the backup is winning. But to sit a regular roster player who's ready to go makes zero sense...sorry.

Thats what I have been saying around my house.

If Bert's healthy I'd love him in the lineup. The Flames may think twice before nailing players like Huds and Z with Bert back!

Edited by Offsides

Thats what I have been saying around my house.

even though I have no idea if it is true not, I would like to imagine you, walking around your house...by yourself saying "WHAT?!! Thats nonsense! Sit Samuelsson, end of story." agian and again, strange somtimes...the things I find funny :lol:

I agree Bert has to come back to the line-up...you have to put your best foot forward in each and every game...and I believe Bert is better then Sammy....

However....there is some concern. Unlike so many Wings fans that have not seen this guy play, I fear he will wake a sleeping giant in Iginla. When Iginla is hitting or being hit he is most effective....his team then rally's around him and Calgary takes on a new look.

I have seen this dozens of times in games of Calgary v Vancouver. Bert smashes Iggy...Iggy then puts on a clinic of what a power forward should do.

My only fear with Bert in the line up is it may inspire the Flames and turn out to have an opposite effect. :o

Bert needs to play - that's why he's here.

There's no sleeping Giant in Iggy that Bert can't control. Iggy looks like a frustrated pansy whining his way all the way to the penalty box.

Sit Sammy.. I completely agree..I too have been saying that around my house as well... just ask my cat Maximilian. He'll tell you where it's at... :ph34r:

BRING ON BIG BERT!!!!

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16

There's no sleeping Giant in Iggy that Bert can't control. Iggy looks like a frustrated pansy whining his way all the way to the penalty box.

I totally agree. Actually our Defense will handle Iginla easily. We have the best top line D ever :) Iginla had the big 0 shots last game, and looked very frustrated.

Bring in Big Bert and the Flames will think twice before running Z!

And yeah, I think we are all wandering around our house hoping Sammy is sitting.

If he's healthy, we have to put Bertuzzi in the game.

We've seen the quotes from the Flames, saying that they didn't play the kind of game they know they can, and everyone here has noted that the Wings were the more physical team in game one. We can't expect the Flames to sit back and watch everything go the Wings way for 3 more games. They're going to start hitting, and they're going to try to play more like the Flames of '04, and we need someone like Bertuzzi in the lineup, who isn't afraid to throw his weight around as well.

We traded away a prospect and pick(s) for the guy, bringing him in so we could have some much needed grit for the playoffs. Benching him now, in the playoffs, when we know that we'll need the grit, wouldn't be the wisest idea.

And guys, stop saying the thread (or the thread poster) is stupid. It's a legitimate question.

*edit* spelling

Edited by Jedi

I totally agree. Actually our Defense will handle Iginla easily. We have the best top line D ever :) Iginla had the big 0 shots last game, and looked very frustrated.

Bring in Big Bert and the Flames will think twice before running Z!

And yeah, I think we are all wandering around our house hoping Sammy is sitting.

Not to mention Big Bert's going to CRASH the NET..Probably Rattle Kipper a bit...so we NEED that.. When's Sammy ever crashed the net? (And I don't mean the net on the ping pong table when they are playing beer pong either).

And guys, stop saying the thread (or the thread poster) is stupid. It's a legitimate question.

*edit* spelling

Stupid is maybe too strong a word , but if we sit Bertuzzi then what was the point in trading for him? that's why I think this thread doesn't make sense.

Not to mention Big Bert's going to CRASH the NET..Probably Rattle Kipper a bit...so we NEED that.. When's Sammy ever crashed the net? (And I don't mean the net on the ping pong table when they are playing beer pong either).

Ha ha, very true :D *pictures Sammy playing beer pong with Lang*

All I've heard for, well, YEARS...is how we are too soft of a team and we need some grit. There's no way we can sit Bert. He's not ONLY grit..he's a very skilled player. He can also rack up the points. They'll put him on a line with Lang and Calder, I think, and it'll be awesome.

if bert needs to sit awhile longer to get healthy,then yes.putting him out too soon to be physical might aggravate existing injury and then he's no good to us at all..right?

he's playing game 2 regardless so i geuss we'll find out how ready he is..lets go wings!!!!