• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redeyedwings

Why don't we just let Bert sit?

Rate this topic

also remember that calgary is much better at home then they were on the road. so when we come into their house theyre going to be playing much better, and with bert in the lineup we'll have somethin new for em that they havent seen yet.

...on the other hand...if they knock a rusty Bert around on their home ice, could be the momentum change the Flames need....I would keep Bert sitting.....

...on the other hand...if they knock a rusty Bert around on their home ice, could be the momentum change the Flames need....I would keep Bert sitting.....

That's a piss-poor, completely unrealistic reason for sitting a guy like him.

the thing is guys . look at the flames they tried to rush regehr back in and he's probably gonnamost likely be out now ( he didnt play the 3rd) , since we got the 2-0 lead wouldnt it be better to let bertuzzi have more time to heal ?? if he's ready and 100 percent then hell ya sit sammy but im just thinking if hes not why put him in when we got a 2-0 lead , i want him healthy , we'll need him for later on if we get past the flames ( one win in calgary , thats all we need :) )

Edited by zetterbergfuturemvp

We got Bertuzzi for a reason so we should put him in the lineup for that reason. Considering the Flames' home record, we're going to need some extra help putting the nails into the coffin.

That's a piss-poor, completely unrealistic reason for sitting a guy like him.

Perhaps you have never played a competitive sport before....

...but it will take Bert some time to get his legs...

...Flames are a different team on home ice...

...Wings have a winning formula as it is thus far....

...you do not provide a momentum change for a fragile team down 2-0...

All good reasons and very realistic....

Guest Agalloch

Not this s*** again. We had this topic yesterday too.

Sitting Bertuzzi is completely insane. You do NOT sit a guy that can singlehandedly dominate a game. Let me ask: what has the second line done this series so far? Nothing. Why? Samuelsson is on it. Switch out Sammy for Bertuzzi, and the team gets THAT much better. They'll need to be, too, because Calgary is a different team at home.

As much as we've outplayed them so far, it could be a different story in the Saddledome. Having Bertuzzi back could offset some of that energy, so as long as Samuelsson is the one to sit, I'd be all for having him back.

Clearly if the injury is still an issue, he should not play. But part of me wonders whether this strategy of being extra careful with Bertuzzi is being driven by the terms of his trade (the less he plays, the less we have to give up).

When Bertuzzi returns I hope Lang is benched, I am really getting sick of him half assing it every shift, especially when he gets leveled,no desire or burn to play. Love the Filp and Franzen line just awesome.

Lang has been one of the few consistent play off scorer the last few years. He's not getting benched.

I played hockey and did quite well with it, thanks.

Bert: "I'm ready. The doctor cleared me. LEMME AT 'EM."

Babs: "Bert, you're sitting. They could hurt you. You're a fragile human being and a momentum liability."

Bert: "Da f***."

I can understand sitting him if he's not 100%, but being extra careful just for the sake of guarding against a potential momentum shift is stupid. The guy's tough and he plays a tough game, and we signed him for that reason--so if he's good to go, let him go.

Besides, I think the most important potential momentum-changer is us being roughed up in their building. Bert may get roughed up himself, but it's a risk well-worth taking; he can curb the rough stuff, fight fire with fire in physical contests, and add a whole new dimension to our offensive dominance.

...but it will take Bert some time to get his legs...

...Flames are a different team on home ice...

...Wings have a winning formula as it is thus far....

...you do not provide a momentum change for a fragile team down 2-0...

All good reasons and very realistic....

To add to that....Bert's career stats vs Calgary (NHL.com)....this idea that he can singlehandedly dominate the Flames is just plain wrong...I think alot of people have very unrealistic thoughts of Bert...

Season/Career GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW GT Shots SH %

Career vs. CGY 45 8 18 26 -9 104 5 0 0 0 88 9.1

I disagree. Game three is the most important game of the series, we need to hit them with EVERYTHING we have (and Bert is a big thing to hit them with) Calgary should win a game this series, just because of Kipper, and it would be alot better for us to lose game 4 instead of game 3. Then take it home and finish them off in game 5 :cool:

I played hockey and did quite well with it, thanks.

Bert: "I'm ready. The doctor cleared me. LEMME AT 'EM."

Babs: "Bert, you're sitting. They could hurt you. You're a fragile human being and a momentum liability."

Bert: "Da f***."

I can understand sitting him if he's not 100%, but being extra careful just for the sake of guarding against a potential momentum shift is stupid. The guy's tough and he plays a tough game, and we signed him for that reason--so if he's good to go, let him go.

Besides, I think the most important potential momentum-changer is us being roughed up in their building. Bert may get roughed up himself, but it's a risk well-worth taking; he can curb the rough stuff, fight fire with fire in physical contests, and add a whole new dimension to our offensive dominance.

:lol::lol:

Even if that's not quite exactly how the conversation went for Game 2, I'm gonna pretend it did, it's much better that way.

Oh, and that last paragraph there: :clap: Hell, the whole post gets a big ol' :GillyFO: from me.

I think Bert's addition to the lineup wouldn't be so much a momentum reversal as it would be more like adding fuel to the fire (oops poor analogy) more like opening up the throttles on the freight train (there we go). Let's see, the Wings just bashed us around for six periods and surprised us by being MORE physical, and now they add a rhinoceros to the lineup? Dude's got sixty pounds on Rex (who, despite the wishes of the fanbase, would be the likely addition to the press box.)

Filppula and Franzen aren't gonna stop crashing the net and outworking the opposition just because they have a new linemate.

Lang has been one of the few consistent play off scorer the last few years. He's not getting benched.

That Lang is long gone my friend. Lang has looked washed up alll season and looks even worse with the higher tempo of playoff hockey. Lang will remain in the line-up because his name is Robert Lang, that's it.

The debate has been firmly settled as far as Filp is concerned. And yeah, Huds has been pretty solid too. (though not to the same level ... (personal opinion) I agree, out of all, Sammy should sit, but if Huds needs to step aside for Bert, then it is going to, and should happen. Bert is a better are round player, more experienced, can score, and has the size. No questions asked, if Bert can play, he is in!

I dare you to look me in the eyes (I'll catch a flight) and tell me that you think Sammy has or will be more effective than Rex.

Rex has done well on forecheck...all Sammy would do is forecheck (something he's good at) and be responsible defensively...essentially what hudler has done. Hudler has done well but it's not like he's creating anything offensively that Flip and Franzen would miss.

If Sammy sits, absolutely. Mike would be the dumbest motherf***er on the planet to split up Franzen-Flip-Hudler.

The nice thing about Bert sitting to start this series (if you want to call it that), is that Hudler-Flip-Franzen has shown how valuable they are. If Sammy wasn't the clear choice to sit out before, he sure as hell should be the clear one out now.

Rex has done well on forecheck...all Sammy would do is forecheck (something he's good at) and be responsible defensively...essentially what hudler has done. Hudler has done well but it's not like he's creating anything offensively that Flip and Franzen would miss.

Chemistry.

Hudler has done well but it's not like he's creating anything offensively that Flip and Franzen would miss.

I disagree. Have you seen the "passes" Sammy's been making lately? Forget it. There's no comparison.

And no matter how little an advantage you think is lost by his sitting, it still doesn't make sense to lose that advantage.