• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DBR

Tomorrow's Game

Rate this topic

I went to Game 1 and was excited and confident after the game. But today, I'm getting nervous all over again because I stupidly read Calgary newspapers and what they expect to bring to Game 2. It's not that I don't have faith in the Wings, it's just that I don't know how well the Wings will hang on to a lot of hitting and good keep-away play.

Thoughts anyone?????

it seemed that calgary just plain had a hard time getting the puck.wings puck posession style is looking good for them.passes seem crisp and accurate....hard to score if you dont have the puck.unless we have catastrophic injuries i dont see calgary posting even one win.....okay,maybe i'm expecting too much...

I don't think you're expecting too much. Before the series began, I thought the Wings would win in 7 games. After seeing them in Game 1, I'm thinking that if they can win tomorrow and split in Calgary, then they come back home and put the series away in Game 5. To me, that's a far cry from going to a game 7 in the first round.

From what I read in the Calgary newpapers, the team is making a big mistake by thinking that what the Wings brought in Game 1 is all they have. That sentiment will be their downfall.

GO WINGS!!!!

I AM GOING TO BE AT THE GAME TOMARROW!!!

I am already getting nervous all over again. Calgary is not a team you under-estimate. They have pride, and they will come out defending it right out of the game come tomarrow.

Detroit needs to do what theydid last game. Hit first. Charge into thier zone. Calm play down with control of the puck. Use all 4 lines. Use everyone to contribute. Do this and we will repeat last game.

Calgary will come at us fast and hard, and this is not nap time for the wings. Game 3 will most likely be the pinnacle of the series, but this game is crucial for us. We lose, then its time to head into the saddle for 2 games. We all know what that means, time changes notwithstanding.

We gotta hit 'em while thier down (figuretively speaking [except for Phaneuf... feel free to hit him as much as possible for that little extra he layed on my boy, Z] ). Go up another game on them, and the wings blow out the candles.

GAHHH I LOVE PLAYOFF HOCKEY!

Oh and some people say sit Bert. Why? he hasnt hurt us yet. No real glaring turnovers. Dont need to tell you that he's huge... why not put him out there to soften up Iginla, Phaneuf, and Regehr (sp.?) ? Plus then someone else gets to sit and rest for a game.

GO WINGS!

I'll be at the again tommorow. I hope I won't leave the arena completey ashamed again. From my perspective, the only saving grace is that it is impossible for us to play any worse. The score could be worse, but the effort just wasn't there. I really hope we can show up, because if we can't show up at this time of the year, were getting ready for a very early exit.

I went to Game 1 and was excited and confident after the game. But today, I'm getting nervous all over again because I stupidly read Calgary newspapers and what they expect to bring to Game 2. It's not that I don't have faith in the Wings, it's just that I don't know how well the Wings will hang on to a lot of hitting and good keep-away play.

Thoughts anyone?????

I think I get nervous before any game... my thoughts, don't read the Calgary newspapers again :P:P

honestly?

Flames are done in 4-5 games. 5 if they steal one at home, but no more. Playfair is clueless and his team is cold. they may get it done, but Wings have good team chemistry, skills, excellent teamwork and they are hungry. they look like a team to go deep and Flames, judging after the end of the season and Game 1 are simply not this level.

my prediction? Flames do not get back on track this series. seriously, they were pretty lucky to advance to playoffs (or Dives started their run to late) and show no signs of being hot team, willing to win it. their media can say whatever they want, but these Flames are not 2004 team and the Wings are not 2004 Wings. I'm the one to usually see things in dark colours, but I like these Wings I saw in Game 1 and simply can't imagine Flames reaching this level.

Tomorrow the Flames will play more physical and as a result will take more penalties. A blessing in disguse is that Bert won't be there to provide an offsetting opportunity. As long as the Wings keep their heads and allow the flames to parade to the box alone, I see Detroit having all the advantage to go up 2-0 in the series!

Go WINGS! :siren:

Who cares what they said in their newpapers? That's all talk until they actually go out and prove it. Ya know?

The Wings know the Flames are going to come out hard tomorrow. They'll be prepared, and our boys will win 3-1. Mmmhhhmm.

BTW, I'm nervous too. Like I am before every game. It's not about being scared, but moreso an exciting nervous.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Don't worry about what Calgary's newspapers are saying. Before game one they were saying the same things and the Flames came out flat. It's all talk.

Do I think they'll come out flat on Sunday? No.

If the Wings play like they did on Thursday again, will they lose? No.

Exactly what ARice said.

I honestly also think that it's what they get for getting completely cocky, and smack talking before the series even started. Saying they would play the Wings dirty, Hasek is too old, and they'd wear us down. Riiight. Sure it's just one game, but so far their talk has been completely cheap.

Wings will prevail, Calgary is a flat team now, I expect them to rally in game 3, but I think Wings in 5. Yeah they will be physical, but our guys will be physical too, and make them pay everytime Ignila takes a penalty, The Wings have been solid, and I especially think that Markov, Filpulla, Huds, and Co. will be eager to step up and prove themselves. I know we tend to be nervous, but this is a different Wings team from previous years. Its all about the momentum, the Wings have it and need to keep it if they want to win this series in less than 6 games.

we played a better overall game thursday than we have in the last 4 years in the playoffs combined. we hit, controlled the flow, held the puck, scored, and didn't back down from anything. I am very very encouraged about the rest of the playoffs. As long as we play like we can, we should do fine

Im going to that game too tomarrow too like many of you, and im not really nervous just mroe excited. Ya Clagary will com eout maybe with a lil more jump, but i really dont think theyll do much. Wings seemd to shut the Flames down in the defnesive end to me. If they come out liek they did thurs. the wings will definatly win, and take a big advantage going into the flamer dome in clagary. Those will be tough games, but hopefully with Bert coming back for Game 3 (should be game 2 since he seems healthy), I say this series will go 5-6 depending on how we play them tomarrow i think.

The Wings just need to play smart and make adjustments as necessary.

They were prepared for Game 1. Hopefully they're prepared for tomorrow's afternoon game. We all know how well they do during the afternoon games.

I'm nervous, but optimistic and even more excited.

Exactly what ARice said.

I honestly also think that it's what they get for getting completely cocky, and smack talking before the series even started. Saying they would play the Wings dirty, Hasek is too old, and they'd wear us down. Riiight. Sure it's just one game, but so far their talk has been completely cheap.

I honeslty think that you guys are reading to much into what you have been reading. When a player gets interviewed after an embarrassing effort what do you want them to say? Next game we are gonna bring the same stuff as last night and lose again? They have to reckognize they were outperformed by the Wings and that if they want a different outcome they need to elevate their level of play.

I honeslty think that you guys are reading to much into what you have been reading. When a player gets interviewed after an embarrassing effort what do you want them to say? Next game we are gonna bring the same stuff as last night and lose again? They have to reckognize they were outperformed by the Wings and that if they want a different outcome they need to elevate their level of play.

No no no.. I'm not talking about what the Flames said in the newspapers after the game. I'm talking about how a couple days before the series started Kristian came out trashing the Wings saying Hasek is too old, doesn't face enough shots, and that all they'd have to do is piss him off to get him off his game. Then a few others said that they'd just wear the Wings down, and play dirty and that it would work. That wasn't right imo. Way for them to get ahead of themselves and get overly cocky before the puck was even dropped.

TSN is just about to run "Regrouping in Motown" I'll see what they have to say on the topic.

Nothin' new on the report really. Calgary's top line looks to improve on their 4 shots. Conroy seemed to be trying tro deflect a lot of the blame towards the penalties interupting the flow, etc.

I like on top of our solid performance how Babs can still say, we need to finish better. Refering to some our chances when we were up 2-0.

As mentioned in the other friends, I'm dissapointed Bert wont be back tomorrow. Again, they say hopeful for game 3 in Calgary.

Lots of optimism here. To be expected of course.

Remember it's best of seven not best of one. Flames have the ability to knock even the strongest team off of their game and Kiprusoff can steal games as well.

I like to think of the Flames as a freight train. Slow to get going, but once they pick up momentum they are very hard to stop. But what I fear is that they get stopped before they can get moving.

Lots of optimism here. To be expected of course.

Remember it's best of seven not best of one. Flames have the ability to knock even the strongest team off of their game and Kiprusoff can steal games as well.

I like to think of the Flames as a freight train. Slow to get going, but once they pick up momentum they are very hard to stop. But what I fear is that they get stopped before they can get moving.

Well obviously we are optomistic. As you would be if the game had looked the other way.

But dont for a second think that most ppl are here are counting the Flames out. I know they will be better and a lot better on Sunday. I think it is going to be a very physical game, and it will set a strong tone for the rest of the series.

As long as the Wings play like they did in game 1, we should be all set. I do expect Calgary to come out with more jump tomorrow though, so we have to be ready for that.