• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zeta Power 40

No suspension for Predators Hartnell

Rate this topic

Not really a surprise, just another example of the NHL basing punishment on the injury recived, Chechoo played in game 2 so no suspension. <_< i'm not saying that its fair or right, thats just how it is unfortunetly

Guest Agalloch

Gosh Dang Dude... that's harsh. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Are you serious? Not even Tootoo, the guy that lives for cheapshotting?

I just don't wish for anyone to lose their career due to physical injury. I know that they deserve a good ass kicking, but not dismemberment/disability. Honestly, I think what goes around, comes around. Like Mickey always says, "Hockey players have long memories." One day people like Drake, Tootoo, Hartnell, etc. get their paybacks. Claude got it, Scott Stevens got it, they all eventually pay up.

I hope someone knocks Radulov out for his career. He's such a prick.

love your avatar, but lets be serious. What in his history, other than the hit last night, would make you have such an opinion on Radulov? You're way out of line on that one.

out of the career? nope, not a single NHL player or even athlete deserves that in my book. this includes Tootoo, and even the very ultimate ***** Lemieux

out of playoffs? yes, sure. I'd love Sharks to take the bounty and hunt either Floppa or Queen Paul as a retaliation for the crap Hartnell did to Cheechoo. as for Radulov - I really don't see him being a goon in the Hartnell league. he's a different type of player, unfortunate to play for this neckless b*ch.

I sure hope Sharks take liberties next game and get down some core Predators forward out of playoffs. but not of the career. that's a big difference to me.

the replay i saw,and the angle,to me looked like cheechoo was trying to avoid the hit and by doing so put his knee in line with hartnells,didnt seem like hartnell had cheechoos knee in his sights...but thats just my opinion...regardless i still think hartnell is a dirty player,he was looking to clobber him for sure.

Guest Agalloch

Whoever asked me about what else Radulov has done: nothing, really. He just plays very reckless, and I absolutely hate how cocky he is. I went a bit too far when I said someone should put him out for his career, because he is pretty fun to watch, but I hope he at least gets suspended for a few games to teach him a lesson.

Claude and Tootoo, though, I want gone 100%. Claude is, obviously, but I don't care what happens to Tootoo.

out of the career? nope, not a single NHL player or even athlete deserves that in my book. this includes Tootoo, and even the very ultimate ***** Lemieux

out of playoffs? yes, sure. I'd love Sharks to take the bounty and hunt either Floppa or Queen Paul as a retaliation for the crap Hartnell did to Cheechoo. as for Radulov - I really don't see him being a goon in the Hartnell league. he's a different type of player, unfortunate to play for this neckless b*ch.

I sure hope Sharks take liberties next game and get down some core Predators forward out of playoffs. but not of the career. that's a big difference to me.

Nah, I'd like to see Tootoo out of the league and back to the minors where he belongs.

I loved watching him fail on the breakaway the other night. A clean breakaway and a chance to be a hero, but on the way to the net he must have realized he has no skills that involve a stick and a puck.

His only hope would've been to tuck the puck into his pants and run the goaltender.

Two games, two cheap plays by the Preds that take out players.

People obsess here about how dirty Nashville is, but right now I gotta say they're living up to the hype.

Who was telling me that this was supposed to be an automatic game suspension? :angry: Whoever it was...you're wrong apparently. What's the official ruling? Something to the effect of two game misconducts results in a one game suspension? Did I completely just make that up? :blink:

Who was telling me that this was supposed to be an automatic game suspension? :angry: Whoever it was...you're wrong apparently. What's the official ruling? Something to the effect of two game misconducts results in a one game suspension? Did I completely just make that up? :blink:

not when the league reviews the calls and decides one of them was not legit.

which is BS, but is working as we can see. stinks like hell but so it is

I just don't wish for anyone to lose their career due to physical injury. I know that they deserve a good ass kicking, but not dismemberment/disability. Honestly, I think what goes around, comes around. Like Mickey always says, "Hockey players have long memories." One day people like Drake, Tootoo, Hartnell, etc. get their paybacks. Claude got it, Scott Stevens got it, they all eventually pay up.

I don't see how you can lump Scott Stevens or even the Turtle in with the likes of Tootoo.

Claude was a cheapshot artist for sure, but he was also an amazingly clutch playoff performer. He had another function on the ice other than injuring opponents. Tootoo doesn't.

For example, in 1997 Lemieux had 13 goals and 10 assists in 17 playoff games. That's 23 points in 17 games.

And Stevens was a solid defenseman who threw devastating but mostly clean hits.

Tootoo does not belong in the same sentence or universe as either one of those guys.

I'm not that suprised that the league reversed the automatic suspension. Honestly, just like the league said, he was involved in the original fight, and it wasn't his fault that his fight strap got ripped off, he did apparently have it tied down.

Having said that, the guy is a major punk and it is really reinforced by the fact that the guy won't sack up and face someone who challenges him to a fight. To play the way he does, and then try to hit the deck and let others try to clean up the mess he starts is the epitomy of a ball-less sack of crap.

My only really conflict here is who I think is the bigger ball-less sack of crap; Hartnel or Tootoo... or, possibly even Trotz himself.

Rant over... continue on, nothing to see here

I don't see how you can lump Scott Stevens or even the Turtle in with the likes of Tootoo

No way can Scott Stevens be lumped in with this crew. As you said, he was a devastating hitter, but he was clean.

Stevens played 1635 games in the NHL and received two, count that, TWO elbowing penalties for his entire career. Thats one periods worth of elbows that Hartnel or Tootoo should be called for.

Man, it steams me to even think that Stevens would be thought of in the same way.

Man, it steams me to even think that Stevens would be thought of in the same way.

Or Drake, for that matter.

Drake has cheapshotted now and then, but he's nowhere near guys like Claude or Tootoo--he's always been a mostly clean heavy hitter and defensive specialst.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hartnell Should have been suspended isntead of Radulov. Once again they look at severity of injury, not intent and past history.