• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WhiteLightning91

Bertuzzi OUT for Game 2

Rate this topic

Hello Ewe Krupp part two.

Figures.

So how does that go again about euro *******?

Bert get in the game you puss.

Do you want a guy to take up a roster spot if he isn't ready to go? A head injury is serious buisness, and even if you forget the fact that he could get even more seriously hurt, he will be more prone to mental mistakes on the ice. Your team looked very impressive in game one, why risk ruining that with a player that isn't ready to be there?

Yeah, that is a little strange, he hardly wears a helmet as it is...why bother? :huh:

Perhaps he models in the off season. On the Wings graphic thread someone should put together a Bertuzzi/Zoolander shot.

I have very mixed feelings about this but i'm inclined to say he should play. I mean why did we get this guy? If he has been cleared to play and he wants to play he should play. I'm very concerned that Babcock and co. made this decision because Game 1 was a cakewalk. If we had lost Game 1 I bet he would be playing.

Edited by SFwingsfan

Visor helps for light sensitivity. Another sign that he is not "fine"

I think you might have something there.....

In all honesty, dont rush head injuriesPERIOD Im not sure though why a report would come out that he is cleared, and then not play. One of them is wrong/mislead. He either is not cleared, or is a gametime decision and I couldnt imagine it any other way. Stranger things have happened though, ya know, like skating with the puck and your goalie already on the bench for about a minute, and then the penalty is on you?!??

Bert looks rather distinguished with the visor. It's like how many people can look that much more sophisticated if they wear glasses, so it goes with the Beast!

I fully expect to see him wearing a robe and puffing on a pipe with some great literature in his hands soon.

Visor helps for light sensitivity. Another sign that he is not "fine"

That's precisely what an article in The Windsor Star said this morning; that the visor prevents the glare of the lights from bothering his eyes. I can't say I know much about concussions, but if he's still that sensitive to light, maybe it isn't such a great sign.

Anyways, I'd rather Bert come back in Games 3 and 4 in Calgary at 100% then come back tomorrow if he's not. The Flames are an excellent home team, and I feel that's when we'll need him the most.

Im not sure though why a report would come out that he is cleared, and then not play. One of them is wrong/mislead. He either is not cleared, or is a gametime decision and I couldnt imagine it any other way.

Looks like the conflicting info is correct according to this article that was in another thread:

This isn't some softie-toffee Detroit club

"I thought the boys did a good job sticking up for each other," said the hulking Todd Bertuzzi, still sidelined by post-concussion syndrome. He has received medical clearance and skated with the group Friday, but will miss Sunday's Game 2."

weird...

esteef

* edited for grammar

Edited by esteef

I know I shouldnt get angry but I am. We get him for the playoffs he and he doesnt play his first 2 games, no help so far. Calgary is gonna come out more physical then ever tommorow and not having Bertuzzi sucks. I know its only 2 games but it still get me upset.

I wouldn't get so upset yet. We did just fine in game 1. If the Wings get into a jamb in game 2, Babs will use him. We just havn't needed to rush it yet. IMHO game 2 is not do or die.

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS

I guess I am just confused. If he has symptoms still like light sensitivity why was he given medical clearance to play? I mean, I know he isn't playing, but why would doctors/trainers even bother clearing him to play if he still has those signs? I just thought that a player had to be symptom free to get clearance.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

Well Bert is no Stevie!

Though I don't think the Flames will sting tomorrow, most of their wins in regular season were at home, they are a lousy visitor team

we really kinda needed him to play to hit back with physical play but if we come out like we did in game 1 we can end up leading this series 2 to 0 and if we can just take one in Calgry, then i think we will all be breathing alot easier

I guess I am just confused. If he has symptoms still like light sensitivity why was he given medical clearance to play? I mean, I know he isn't playing, but why would doctors/trainers even bother clearing him to play if he still has those signs? I just thought that a player had to be symptom free to get clearance.

That's exactly what I don't get. If the doctors say you're fine and have ran tests on you, and have cleared you to play then that's it. I just don't understand this all.

That's exactly what I don't get. If the doctors say you're fine and have ran tests on you, and have cleared you to play then that's it. I just don't understand this all.

It was probably his decesion not to play.

It's probably calculated.

The doctor's probably said...yeah you can play, but you are more likely to get injured right now. Since we are up 1 game they probably figured better let him sit one, than put him in and have him risk re-aggrivating it and losing him for a series, or the rest of the playoffs.

I bet Bert has some frickin' laser projection cross-hairs mounted on the inside of his visor for Iginla and Phaneuf. (That were invented by Dr. Evil :D)

Freakin' Lazers... Freakin' A.... That is by far the best rumored reason to date :):thumbup::lol:

It was probably his decesion not to play.

Apparently not:

Bert scratched for Game 2

"I felt a lot better," Bertuzzi said after Saturday's practice but before the Wings announced he wouldn't play. "Whether or not a couple more days of practice would put me in a better position or not, we'll have to decide. It's ultimately not my decision (to play)."

esteef

Edited by esteef