• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheWestWing

Grapes says Dats has no......

Rate this topic

I agree on most teams, blocking shots is a huge, especially in the playoffs.

Here's something that comes to mind though, when talking about the Wings and blocking shots. This is even more so when Grapes is elluding to the fact that correct/good shot blocking is the act of leaving your feet/skates and going to down to the ice.

Our transition game is very good, and deadly quick. I'm not sure I really want our forwards leaving there feet to block shots. Getting your body in the way (like Dats), and getting your stick in the shooting lane..YES...ALL DAY LONG. However, I just don't know if I buy into encouraging our players to leave there skates. Leaving your skates can lead to a few non-positive results: a. Can tire players very easliy...it takes a lot of energy to go down and pop up and still be in the play. b. If players misses the puck, he is taken out of the play for a good few seconds (which is vital on the PP). c. Transition game from O to D is hindered cause players either need to get back to there feet and get with, or start the rush, or a line change is needed due to players exhausting energy, d. Most importantly, can lead to injuries in about a hundred different ways.

Just a few thoughts.

GO WINGS!!!

edit spelling